Week 6 Power Rankings
Week 6 Power Rankings
1. Saints (5-0) The offense is unstoppable and the defense has played well enough to bump them to the top spot. Dominating the Giants will do that.
2. Colts (5-0) Manning is playing his best ball (scary), and the Colts are rolling.
3. Broncos (6-0) I've never been as wrong about a football team as I was about the Broncos. Productive and take care of the ball on offense, and Elvis Dumervil is on pace for 26 sacks and 6 FF. I hope Dick Lebeau watched how to call a second half defense with the show Mike Nolan's bunch put on agaisnt the Chargers.
4. Vikings(6-0) Dominant in the tenches and Favre is a huge upgrade. Struggled to beat 49ers and Ravens at home and they have some injury concerns now.
5. Giants (5-1) The Saints exposed some secondary weaknesses, and Eli went back to being old Eli. Still they are a well rounded team.
6. Patriots (4-2) Started slow, but looked to be in 2007 form against the Titans battered defense.
7. Falcons (4-1) So much firepower on offense and the defense is coming around. Only loss was on the road in New England. They should hang around with New Orleans in the NFC South all year.
8. Bengals (4-2) With injuries to Odom and Peko and a tough schedule, th Bungles are coming back to Earth, hard and fast.
9. Steelers (4-2) This may be the best Steelers offense we've seen. The defense is coming around with Troy back. Need to eliminate turnovers and mistakes.
10. Bears (3-2) Tough loss to a good Atlanta team. Will remain in the picture all year.
Could go either way:
11. Ravens(3-3) Beating the teams they are supposed to beat, losing to good teams in close games. Their defense is a shadow of it's former self, and they've become too pass happy for the talent they have on the offense..
12. Eagles (3-2) Havn't put it all together. Ugly loss to the Raiders.
13. Packers (3-2) Serious O-line problems continue, but defense has been dominant at times and the offense can still put up points.
14. Cardinals (3-2) Slow start but are picking up steam on offense. Expect them to take back the NFC West before long.
15. Cowboys (3-2) Up and down start to the season, but have a ton of talent.
16. Jets (3-3) "San-chize" is a turnover machine. I bet Alan Faneca isn't happy about going to work with some young kid.
17. Texans (3-3) Destroyed the Bengals defense. Shaub to Johnson and Daniels is tough to stop. With the AFC South weakened they could sneak into a WC spot.
18. 49ers (3-2) Singletary has the team playing hard and competitive, but there still isnt enough talent to be a real threat.
19. Chargers (2-3) Dangerous offensively, but their defense has fallen apart.
20. Dolphins (2-3) Started the year with 3 tough losses to good teams, bounced back with 2 wins.
Maybe next year:
21. Jaguars (3-3) Jeckyl and Hyde team. Looks good one week, awful the next.
22. Bills (2-4) Started strong against New England, lost to Cleveland, then upset the Jets.
23. Panthers (2-3) Delhomme is done. Time to find a QB, Carolina. Coach Cowher next year?
24. Seahawks (2-4) All hype, not much talent. Now Tatupu is out for the year again.
25. Raiders (2-3) Played the Chargers tough in week 1, then were mostly awful including the whooping by the NY Giants. Came back to upset Philly.
26. Redskins (2-4) Played the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Chiefs, all bottom 10 teams. They went 2-3 with both wins coming by 3 points or less.
27. Titans (0-6) Simply awful. They have gotten worse every week so far. Jeff Fisher's bunch quit in NE. Flat out quit. Respect the Terrible Towel.
28. Browns (1-5) In a word, hopeless.
29. Lions (1-5) Shut out and dominated by the Packers. At least they ended the losing streak already this year.
30. Chiefs (1-5) They simply don't have any one strength to hang their hats on. Equally bad in all facets of the game. Was Matt Cassel worth it?
31. Bucs (0-6) No talent, no direction, no hope. Have been blown out in 4 of 6 games. Hung tough against other bad teams.
32. Rams (0-6) Have been outscored by an NFL worst 115 points in six games!!!! A shot to go 0-16 this year as they have already lost 16 games in a row.