It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: New National Anthem Policy
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:20 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
955876 wrote:
Preach it Franco. Both your last two post spot on. Actually, your post are always spot on.

I’m going to do many of you a favor and take the high road here. I will genuinely cease to dig into the politics debates. Season coming and I’m actually tired of arguing with the same people anyways.

I’ve tried to tell my dog that eating shit is nasty but she keeps doing it anyways. So why should I care?? Eat away.

But many of Franco’s points are why I’ve been so compelled to do so. I just think so many are not really honest with themselves about this whole thing. They’ve simply drawn their side of the political isle and nothing over there is right and nothing over here is ever wrong. I just don’t understand that kind of mind set I suppose. I would literally be the FIRST in line to burn Trump at the stake if he was selling our country to Russia. But there hasn’t been any solid proof he did any of that.

Meanwhile across the street. Oh Lordy we’ve been through what’s been going on across the street. Where there is so much actual evidence. But we’ve been through that.

Take a quick look back at the campaign. Hillary was not only a very poor candidate (you don’t get to be POTUS just cuz it’s “your turn”) she also ran a very poor campaign. One that ignored large parts of this country when she was out campaigning and the parts she was talking to she spent all the time talking about Donald Trump. Or how horrible people that support Donald Trump are. How bout some policy discussion Hill. Tell me what you are going to do for this country. I don’t need you to tell me what my opinion should be about someone else. I’ll take care of that by myself k.

Meanwhile Trump campaigned tirelessly and went out and told people exactly what he planned to do. He at he least had a game plan. I’ll lower your taxes. I will roll back regulations. I will stop playing tiddlywinks with ISIS. I will stop this massive flow of illegal immigration into our country and the drag it puts in our welfare system. I will work to lower drug cost. I will support our police & military. And lastly, I will put the US taxpayer first. That was the message.

What was hers again? That the businesses owner down the street is “deplorable” because he wants lower taxes and less regs in his business. What was she doing to do for the country again?

Anyone? Bueller?

Oh ya, she was busy avoiding a single press conference for hundreds of days. Don’t wanna answer any questions bout that pesky email scandal I’m involved in. The one I’ve been lieing about for months. Ya. Let me race to the voting booth for her.

I’d put Rosie fucking O’Donnel in the White House before I’d ever vote for more Clinton corruption. And soooooo many Americans felt the same way. So sorry but it just wasn’t “her turn”.

And then she lost and then the entire left turned into screaming children and haven’t stopped tonthis day. They announced immediately they would oppose every single thing he tried to do. Huh? Just blanket opposition? That’s how this country is run? To announce you will now be obstructionist and work to impeach the man?

The one that hadn’t stepped foot in office yet? Impeach for what? Anything they cried!!

How about letting the man actually do the job he was elected to do? And hey crazy thought, pick him apart when you have a reason do.

The Donald Trump presidency hasn’t been a stain on our democracy to this point, the behavior of those on the left has been.

Which brings us to here and my closing thought on this. Politics are against the rules, unless it’s a left leaning jab at Trump, the right, capitalism etc. then it’s ok and nobody says shit about it.

Oh but if someone responds with an opposing point of view the meltdown occurs. Kinda like follow the leader right? Monkey see monkey do.

If left leaning comments are ok and you feel you have he right to say them then I’ve felt I’ve had the right to respond. This why LTW likes to say “triggered”.

I like to call it fair is fair. I don’t start the talk but I’ll certainly engage it when I see it.

I won’t any longer (yippee) and to those I’ve offended I’ll offer an apology and clean slate.

And es Swiss this was a long ass post. Get over it... 8-)

I’m really impressed with just how high of a road this post takes.

Was the comparison of your dog that won’t stop eating shit to yourself and your inability not to respond or to those with whom you disagree? I though that was an especially magnanimous gesture on your part. ;)

Which is why one comment came before the other... ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:24 pm 

KC wrote:
I'll stay out of the political debate, except to say I dream of the day Trump dies.

Painfully (hopefully).

I hope to take a shit on the fat orange cocksuckers grave one day.

Excellent post, KC!! Yours always conjures up the best mental images!! Hahahahaha!!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:12 pm 

I always chuckle at people who mock "Faux News" as if it's all Hannity, or as if CNN/MSNBC/WaPo/NYT are any better.

One party in particular used to celebrate the individual, then about 15 years ago shifted to go all-in on identity politics. But Fox is dividing the country. That's rich.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:43 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I always chuckle at people who mock "Faux News" as if it's all Hannity, or as if CNN/MSNBC/WaPo/NYT are any better.

One party in particular used to celebrate the individual, then about 15 years ago shifted to go all-in on identity politics. But Fox is dividing the country. That's rich.

The NYT and WaPo are certainly better than CNN or MSNBC for the same reason that that the WSJ and the NYP are certainly better than Fox.

I chuckle at anyone who watches Fox or msnbc. It’s shit soundbite hot take news. Read a fucking newspaper. I love the NYT. I also like the WSJ. And I’m not talking about the opinion sections.

And while we’re at it, one party has been playing the real vs the fake America card since the counter culture revolution began revulting conservatives in the 60s. Identity politics is not new. Both sides do it.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:45 pm 

When the Mods come back from their weekend fishing trip, I wonder what happens.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:03 pm 

franco32 wrote:
I just don't understand the partisanship in this country. I lean right politically and yet I have to give Bubba credit on many of his economic policies in the 90s. He was pretty smart and it lead to some good years.

Trump could be on the verge of curing cancer and there would be groups fighting him the whole way. There are actually sick people cheering against the President making progress with North Korea because they don't want to see him have foreign policy success. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. Sure, there were many on the right who did that to Obama, but I never saw it rise to the level of this much pure hatred.

I think everyone should stop treating politics like it is war or sport..."us against them". Take time to really think about that politician you despise...and try to consider some of the good they may be doing as well. It will make you feel better and your blood pressure will drop.

Fair enough but with the provision that it was this bad with Obama. In fact in parts it was worse with assaults on heritage. The hatred was just as palpable.

this divisive political trolling isn't new. But trump can't feed off it and denounce it in the same breath.

Politics is policy setting which involves debate ... not sure how it happened but civil debate is no longer possible. Too much anger and too many tricks of argument to deflect that which doesn't fit someone's world view.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:06 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

My guess is they lock the thread but don't ban anyone. If they ban everyone who took part in this thread, it's going to be mighty quiet around here for a while.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:52 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
The NYT and WaPo are certainly better than CNN or MSNBC

I'm not so sure anymore. Those papers have Trump Derangement Syndrome - BAD - and have been hot fucking garbage on almost everything Russia. They don't appear to check sources when it comes to reporting something negative about Trump, same as CNN and MSNBC.

WSJ opinion section is as bad, possibly worse, than most of Fox ever since Murdoch bought it 10 years ago. The shift happened almost over night.

I don't rely on any source for political news - there isn't a single good one. And I sure as shit don't go to WaPo or NYT for business or financial news. Those papers are not what they were.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:06 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

My guess is they lock the thread but don't ban anyone. If they ban everyone who took part in this thread, it's going to be mighty quiet around here for a while.

That would be welcome.

I'm sure Perch and FC and Fury and whomever else moderates really appreciate you guys shitting all over the rules. Let's make their experience on this FOOTBALL forum as painful as possible :roll:

Douchebags, the lot of you.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
I’ve never seen someone so triggered by being told that they are triggered.

Or, I take exception to lemmings that have such strong and deeply rooted feelings about things but have such faulty logic supporting them.

Here’s a tip, when Kathy Griffin, Joy Behar, Katy Perry, and Hillary Clinton agree with you, mmmmm maybe you should rethink your stance. That’s not a winning ensemble.

Do you really identify with the typical Trump supporter? Do you want to be judged by the people who support your political candidate? Because it's not pretty bruh.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Any one else mighty hung over today?

Ugh...

Literally just had this conversation with my wife. Seconds ago.

"Are you ignoring me to be an internet troll?"

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:42 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

This was my magnum opus, boys. I'm prepared for whatever fate has in store for me. Hope you enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:
I’ve never seen someone so triggered by being told that they are triggered.

Or, I take exception to lemmings that have such strong and deeply rooted feelings about things but have such faulty logic supporting them.

Here’s a tip, when Kathy Griffin, Joy Behar, Katy Perry, and Hillary Clinton agree with you, mmmmm maybe you should rethink your stance. That’s not a winning ensemble.

Do you really identify with the typical Trump supporter? Do you want to be judged by the people who support your political candidate? Because it's not pretty bruh.

Well I did say I was really done talking politics but since you asked me a question I’ll oblige.

I think the “typical Trump supporter” that you are referencing is something created by Hillary. And I’m not sure if we are talking bout the same person but the vision I have of the person you are talking about has few teeth, no shoes, lives in the sticks, eats squirrel meat, and has a Confederate flag flying outside somewhere.

I don’t personally know any of those people. Nor ever see them. Anywhere. Ever.

Now I’ll admit they exist somewhere.

But so do the bottom of the barrel “typical liberal supporter”.

You know, the inner city welfare case with 8 kids posting YouTube videos about “who is going to pay for these kids”.

Are they any better?

And speaking to that, it’s always seemed odd to me that so many in the left want that “least common denominator” making decisions for the masses.

Voter ID laws are said to be discriminatory. Ummmm who in their right mind wants someone who can’t even obtain identification making major decisions for YOUR life?? Certainly not me.

I know plenty of Trump supporters. A good portion of my clientele support Trump. If “typical Trump supporter” is in reference to a doctor, dentist, attorney, business owner, corporate executive, engineer, or entrepreneur then yes, absolutely I’ll identify with them. Why the hell not? They are among the most successful in my community and the people I do business with.

I also have clients in SF Bay Area. Doesn’t get more liberal than that. I’ve had husbands whisper to me over the phone they voted for Trump and vice versa and didn’t want their spouse to know. And that is the thing with Silicon Valley. It is EXTREMELY discriminatory towards anyone with any right leaning tendencies. So those who do go about their business in silence. If those on the left faced that much outward bias and discrimination in the work place that Silicon Valley Republicans do there would be mass protest and people would get fired. If you work for a tech firm out here you best not tell anyone if you voted for Trump. You’d be out of a job at worst or made a pariah at best.

I never talk politics with clients unless I know already where they stand.

Are you saying I’d be a better person identifying with the 32 year old man selling beads on the corner with a Bernie Sanders sticker on his hand out cup than a corporate exec?

What about the social justice warrior college student vs. the husband & wife that run a successful dental practice?

I think you’d be surprised just who the “typical Trump supporter” really is.

I also have plenty of liberal clients too. They tend to be professors or teachers or live/work in Silicon Valley.

My wife is Hispanic. Her grandparents came here from Mexico 60+ years ago. So many on that side are liberal as well.

This “typical Trump supporter” was created during the campaign. It’s really not an accurate reflection of reality.

Just like if I said the typical liberal supporter is on welfare and has zero desire to do anything for themselves. Many of you would jump on me for stereotyping and hyperbole.

Works both ways.

Fair enough?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Any one else mighty hung over today?

Ugh...

Literally just had this conversation with my wife. Seconds ago.

"Are you ignoring me to be an internet troll?"

Hey, we all get sucked in from time to time.

I’ve said it before, will say it again now, and no one can tell me I’m not right:

Men of serious stature do not spend a lot of time arguing on the Internet. Men who are serious persons do not spend a lot of time on Internet forums, period (and where am I right now? :lol: ).

They have better, more serious ways to spend their time. And before someone responds that he or she just comes on here to blow off steam and have a little fun, well, men of serious stature certainly take pleasure in things other than arguing about politics on message boards. Because it’s, you know, utterly petty. And serious people tend not to be petty, argumentative honor lovers who derive pleasure from winning on the Internet. Certainly i’m not immune. But I can only imagine the eye rolling from board members mature enough to keep themselves from breaking board rules.

I can just picture the man with a life well lived on his death bed: “If only I’d spent more time arguing about politics on Steeler Fury! Why didn’t I devote more time to that?!”

Hope you gents are grilling something nice this weekend.

We’re trying to transition our boy from a balance to a peddle bike. It’s a BLAST. Already a skinned knee and elbow.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:47 am 

You cunts bitch a lot.

Wipe your tears with some tampons ansd get over this shit.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 pm 

Quote:
Men of serious stature do not spend a lot of time arguing on the Internet.

That is a good point. Until you realize that many leaders of countries from around the world are also arguing and getting jabs at each other on the Internet. Are they not of serious stauture? If not them then who?

And it isn’t just our POTUS. Not by a long shot.

I do see your point and agree to an extent. I’d assume most here just do this killing time around the house. Curious how your thoughts here would then apply to say the governor of whatever state you happen to be from. Mine is always tweeting and having internet battles.

So what you speak of applies everywhere and when you really examine what you said, we aren’t even the biggest offenders of this. The damn people we are arguing about here are doing the same thing you just said people of stauture don’t do. And since I’ve said I’ll no longer engage in political debate you now have one less here stirring the pot. I don’t think responding to your post Lit is political.

I do think however it’s kind of a blanket statement. Very black or white.

Some of the great philosophers you study would very likely be debating things on and via the Internet if they were with us today.

I would say the line gets drawn in terms of how it impacts your actual life. If you stayed home from work because you’ve got “business to tend to” online then unmmm you’ve got issues.

Different from tapping some stuff out while watching a ball game.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:05 pm 

https://theweeklylist.org/

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:12 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

That would be welcome.

I'm sure Perch and FC and Fury and whomever else moderates really appreciate you guys shitting all over the rules. Let's make their experience on this FOOTBALL forum as painful as possible :roll:

Douchebags, the lot of you.

Youngstown....seriously, et tu as hall monitor? How 'bout we post the shit we want, read the shit we want. If mods, owners, etc. want to lock, delete, ban...them do be it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:58 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Youngstown....seriously, et tu as hall monitor? How 'bout we post the shit we want, read the shit we want. If mods, owners, etc. want to lock, delete, ban...them do be it.

How 'bout not forcing these guys to moderate? How 'bout being respectful? How 'bout dat?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:36 pm 

How about allowing political talk in the General Discussion area and then there's no moderating to be done other than perhaps moving a thread like this from the Steeler area to the General Discussion area.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:07 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
How about allowing political talk in the General Discussion area and then there's no moderating to be done other than perhaps moving a thread like this from the Steeler area to the General Discussion area.

I try to avoid it, but some shit is just so ignorant I can't help myself.

The problem is certain people, particularly one individual (and, no, not 955876....ok, it's the fucking communista that whines about capitalism in every other post) here already routinely pepper their posts with political commentary. And we've seen grudges carry over in multiple threads. If you allow any political posting, anywhere, it's almost guaranteed to spill over into other threads in one way or another.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:00 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

How 'bout not forcing these guys to moderate? How 'bout being respectful? How 'bout dat?

How 'bout we just post the shit we want, and not be scared that mom & dad will come home and find the house a mess.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:37 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

How 'bout we just post the shit we want, and not be scared that mom & dad will come home and find the house a mess.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:48 am 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjQ5o_HBh5r ... e=ig_embed

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:01 pm 

Weekend is almost over and maybe we can all stop shaking in our boots. No deletions no locking no banning by the big bad mods!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next