It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 am 

DesertSteel wrote:
To me this game was about our offense. We all knew our defense was suspect but our offense is stacked. Two turnovers were the key to the game. The game actually was 45-35 with a bullshit TD at the end. Without those two turnovers (which lose games) and some real offense, things may have been different. Shitty 4th down calls kept us on the ropes but gutsy 4th down calls kept us in the damn game. But in between half-assed running play calls and piss-poor pass play
calling kept us from tearing the Jag defense apart. Geez this game sucked!!!

I don’t think this offense can ever be great enough to overcome this defense - Haley or no Haley.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

Good point Stosh - wasn't the guy that the 49ers cut available when Shaz went down? Oh that's right, he wasn't from Pittsburgh and he didn't play for the Steelers before so no way we could use him.

I believe you're referring to Navorro Bowman.

And, no, he wasn't available. Bowman signed with the Raiders in October. Shazier got hurt December 4.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:51 am 

They adjusted the defense to handle NE which made them vulnerable vs a power running team(s) Not being able top contain the edge hurt for most of the year. Losing Shazier ( and Timmons) hurt more than most thought. Williams is a JAG. A JAG that can't move sideline to sideline very well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:22 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Good point Stosh - wasn't the guy that the 49ers cut available when Shaz went down? Oh that's right, he wasn't from Pittsburgh and he didn't play for the Steelers before so no way we could use him.

And, no, he wasn't available. Bowman signed with the Raiders in October. Shazier got hurt December 4.

Yes, that was him.

They still fucked that up. He would have been a better option than Spence off the street

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:26 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Yes, that was him.

They still fucked that up. He would have been a better option than Spence off the street

How did they still fuck that up? Bowman signs in October. Shazier hurt in December. Let me guess, Tomlin didn't have Shazier's health on his list of questions for his weekly fortune teller appointment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:49 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
Everybody was high on Hargreaves, but he is mis-cast as a 3-4 NT, he’s overmatched and pushed out of the hole far to often.
Vita Vea would do wonders for the front seven.

Where I'm at cop. Vea added to this DLine of Tuitt, Hargrave and Heyward would be outstanding. Key the Scunge 4-3 defense assimilation.... You have Dupree (sam) and Watt (will) with Williams middle linebacker... Bring Back the Steel Curtain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 am 

Quote:
How did they still fuck that up? Bowman signs in October. Shazier hurt in December. Let me guess, Tomlin didn't have Shazier's health on his list of questions for his weekly fortune teller appointment.

How did they still fuck up? Sign Bowman as a back up when he becomes available. They obviously didn't have any faith in LJ Fort. They have LJ Fort on the roster as Shazier's back-up but when he gets hurt they sign Spence off the street and he starts immediately. :roll:

Let me guess - an Art 2 and Tomlin fan like you is ok with this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Quote:

How did they still fuck up? Sign Bowman as a back up when he becomes available. They obviously didn't have any faith in LJ Fort. They have LJ Fort on the roster as Shazier's back-up but when he gets hurt they sign Spence off the street and he starts immediately. :roll:

Let me guess - an Art 2 and Tomlin fan like you is ok with this.

Spence is another “Tomlin guy”...Aviators would have kept him when he hit FA, but Spence had a better offer. When Shazier went down, Mikey couldn’t re-sign Spence off his couch fast enough and immediately insert him into the starting lineup, because he knew the system. WAIT...I thought Butler’s system was different than the Lebeau system? I guess not so much...eh?
I guaran-fuckin’-tee that Sean Spence will not only beon this team in 2018, but a likely ILB starter...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm 

jebrick wrote:
They adjusted the defense to handle NE which made them vulnerable vs a power running team(s) Not being able top contain the edge hurt for most of the year. Losing Shazier ( and Timmons) hurt more than most thought. Williams is a JAG. A JAG that can't move sideline to sideline very well.

Always something. Always some excuse. Defense matches-up poorly (REALLY poorly) with some teams because the braintrust is playing checkers.

No defending or excusing these last two playoff games. As dominated and humiliated as you EVER see an NFL defense.....and it's happened twice....back-to-back.

I would not bet a dime that 31 other staffs in the NFL wouldn't have had that defense better prepared, at least to some degree.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:27 pm 

Lemme get this straight.

Defense gave up 38, would have been 31 if not for an interception inside the 25. Offense gave them 14 pts.

42>38 last time I checked.

Offense would have won had it not lost the ball on a fumble scoop td score, or given the opposing offense the ball in the redzone. Or stalled in key situations to tie the game or even take the lead. In a shoot out.

Nobody expected a shoot out with the Jags, but it happened. They came prepared to attack the middle of the field with spence guarding two square feet and afraid of his shadow. And jobbed the young defense with play action with the threat of fournette. Nah, the jags offensive coaching staff just got lucky or the steelers defense is just that bad? Nobody scored 38 on them all year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next