It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4527
DesertSteel wrote:
To me this game was about our offense. We all knew our defense was suspect but our offense is stacked. Two turnovers were the key to the game. The game actually was 45-35 with a bullshit TD at the end. Without those two turnovers (which lose games) and some real offense, things may have been different. Shitty 4th down calls kept us on the ropes but gutsy 4th down calls kept us in the damn game. But in between half-assed running play calls and piss-poor pass play
calling kept us from tearing the Jag defense apart. Geez this game sucked!!!


I don’t think this offense can ever be great enough to overcome this defense - Haley or no Haley.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 980
Suwanee88 wrote:

Good point Stosh - wasn't the guy that the 49ers cut available when Shaz went down? Oh that's right, he wasn't from Pittsburgh and he didn't play for the Steelers before so no way we could use him.


I believe you're referring to Navorro Bowman.

And, no, he wasn't available. Bowman signed with the Raiders in October. Shazier got hurt December 4.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3181
They adjusted the defense to handle NE which made them vulnerable vs a power running team(s) Not being able top contain the edge hurt for most of the year. Losing Shazier ( and Timmons) hurt more than most thought. Williams is a JAG. A JAG that can't move sideline to sideline very well.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4527
Miter Saw wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Good point Stosh - wasn't the guy that the 49ers cut available when Shaz went down? Oh that's right, he wasn't from Pittsburgh and he didn't play for the Steelers before so no way we could use him.


I believe you're referring to Navorro Bowman.

And, no, he wasn't available. Bowman signed with the Raiders in October. Shazier got hurt December 4.

Yes, that was him.

They still fucked that up. He would have been a better option than Spence off the street


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 1040
Suwanee88 wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Good point Stosh - wasn't the guy that the 49ers cut available when Shaz went down? Oh that's right, he wasn't from Pittsburgh and he didn't play for the Steelers before so no way we could use him.


I believe you're referring to Navorro Bowman.

And, no, he wasn't available. Bowman signed with the Raiders in October. Shazier got hurt December 4.

Yes, that was him.

They still fucked that up. He would have been a better option than Spence off the street


How did they still fuck that up? Bowman signs in October. Shazier hurt in December. Let me guess, Tomlin didn't have Shazier's health on his list of questions for his weekly fortune teller appointment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13796
cop1211 wrote:
Everybody was high on Hargreaves, but he is mis-cast as a 3-4 NT, he’s overmatched and pushed out of the hole far to often.
Vita Vea would do wonders for the front seven.

Where I'm at cop. Vea added to this DLine of Tuitt, Hargrave and Heyward would be outstanding. Key the Scunge 4-3 defense assimilation.... You have Dupree (sam) and Watt (will) with Williams middle linebacker... Bring Back the Steel Curtain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4527
Quote:
How did they still fuck that up? Bowman signs in October. Shazier hurt in December. Let me guess, Tomlin didn't have Shazier's health on his list of questions for his weekly fortune teller appointment.


How did they still fuck up? Sign Bowman as a back up when he becomes available. They obviously didn't have any faith in LJ Fort. They have LJ Fort on the roster as Shazier's back-up but when he gets hurt they sign Spence off the street and he starts immediately. :roll:

Let me guess - an Art 2 and Tomlin fan like you is ok with this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6999
Suwanee88 wrote:
Quote:
How did they still fuck that up? Bowman signs in October. Shazier hurt in December. Let me guess, Tomlin didn't have Shazier's health on his list of questions for his weekly fortune teller appointment.


How did they still fuck up? Sign Bowman as a back up when he becomes available. They obviously didn't have any faith in LJ Fort. They have LJ Fort on the roster as Shazier's back-up but when he gets hurt they sign Spence off the street and he starts immediately. :roll:

Let me guess - an Art 2 and Tomlin fan like you is ok with this.

Spence is another “Tomlin guy”...Aviators would have kept him when he hit FA, but Spence had a better offer. When Shazier went down, Mikey couldn’t re-sign Spence off his couch fast enough and immediately insert him into the starting lineup, because he knew the system. WAIT...I thought Butler’s system was different than the Lebeau system? I guess not so much...eh?
I guaran-fuckin’-tee that Sean Spence will not only beon this team in 2018, but a likely ILB starter...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11759
jebrick wrote:
They adjusted the defense to handle NE which made them vulnerable vs a power running team(s) Not being able top contain the edge hurt for most of the year. Losing Shazier ( and Timmons) hurt more than most thought. Williams is a JAG. A JAG that can't move sideline to sideline very well.



Always something. Always some excuse. Defense matches-up poorly (REALLY poorly) with some teams because the braintrust is playing checkers.

No defending or excusing these last two playoff games. As dominated and humiliated as you EVER see an NFL defense.....and it's happened twice....back-to-back.

I would not bet a dime that 31 other staffs in the NFL wouldn't have had that defense better prepared, at least to some degree.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6632
Lemme get this straight.

Defense gave up 38, would have been 31 if not for an interception inside the 25. Offense gave them 14 pts.

42>38 last time I checked.

Offense would have won had it not lost the ball on a fumble scoop td score, or given the opposing offense the ball in the redzone. Or stalled in key situations to tie the game or even take the lead. In a shoot out.

Nobody expected a shoot out with the Jags, but it happened. They came prepared to attack the middle of the field with spence guarding two square feet and afraid of his shadow. And jobbed the young defense with play action with the threat of fournette. Nah, the jags offensive coaching staff just got lucky or the steelers defense is just that bad? Nobody scored 38 on them all year.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5498
Suwanee88 wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Not addressing the ILB spot with a capable replacement after Shaz went down was critical.

Brininging in a guy who was sitting on his couch compounded it.

You draft heavy on the defense.
ILB.
FS
OLB / DE. PASS RUSHER
CB


You bring in a FA ILB
You fire Butler.
You get a defensive minded / smart DC.
Who returns the attack the QB and tackle mentality back

Good point Stosh - wasn't the guy that the 49ers cut available when Shaz went down? Oh that's right, he wasn't from Pittsburgh and he didn't play for the Steelers before so no way we could use him.

But Stosh they weren't the '76 Steelers with Shazier on the field.

I just wonder if Art2 is as sick as this shit as I am - I mean unbelievable piece of shit defense.


Navaro Bowman was cut by SF and signed by Oakland. {layed first game with them Mid October. So long before Shaz injury.
But there was plenty of chatter on this site about bringing him in to add depth when he was cut. Vet Min for 10 games?
Would have been far superior to all of our back-up ILB's at the time.
And as a run stopper first with a read, react and hit resume .......who knows what difference he would have made.
But I would have liked our odds.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11759
COR-TEN wrote:
Offense would have won had it not lost the ball on a fumble scoop td score, or given the opposing offense the ball in the redzone. Or stalled in key situations to tie the game or even take the lead. In a shoot out.


Let's stop pretending like the offense was something special in this game. Great individual efforts on 2 fourth downs - against pretty good coverage - and another on a lateral....or this game was a blowout.

Ben gave JAX 10 points, and then played out of his mind to hang 42....So let's stop pretending like Haley did anything special. He was just as bad as the clowns running the defense, he just happened to be blessed with some special talent on offense.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6632
Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Offense would have won had it not lost the ball on a fumble scoop td score, or given the opposing offense the ball in the redzone. Or stalled in key situations to tie the game or even take the lead. In a shoot out.


Let's stop pretending like the offense was something special in this game. Great individual efforts on 2 fourth downs - against pretty good coverage - and another on a lateral....or this game was a blowout.

Ben gave JAX 10 points, and then played out of his mind to hang 42....So let's stop pretending like Haley did anything special. He was just as bad as the clowns running the defense, he just happened to be blessed with some special talent on offense.
When I say "offense," I sure as fuck don't mean Haley.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CdnSteelerFan, stillthere and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group