It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: When you hang 42 on the leagues best D and lose.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Not addressing the ILB spot with a capable replacement after Shaz went down was critical.

Brininging in a guy who was sitting on his couch compounded it.

You draft heavy on the defense.
ILB.
FS
OLB / DE. PASS RUSHER
CB

You bring in a FA ILB
You fire Butler.
You get a defensive minded / smart DC.
Who returns the attack the QB and tackle mentality back

Good point Stosh - wasn't the guy that the 49ers cut available when Shaz went down? Oh that's right, he wasn't from Pittsburgh and he didn't play for the Steelers before so no way we could use him.

But Stosh they weren't the '76 Steelers with Shazier on the field.

I just wonder if Art2 is as sick as this shit as I am - I mean unbelievable piece of shit defense.

Navaro Bowman was cut by SF and signed by Oakland. {layed first game with them Mid October. So long before Shaz injury.
But there was plenty of chatter on this site about bringing him in to add depth when he was cut. Vet Min for 10 games?
Would have been far superior to all of our back-up ILB's at the time.
And as a run stopper first with a read, react and hit resume .......who knows what difference he would have made.
But I would have liked our odds.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Offense would have won had it not lost the ball on a fumble scoop td score, or given the opposing offense the ball in the redzone. Or stalled in key situations to tie the game or even take the lead. In a shoot out.

Let's stop pretending like the offense was something special in this game. Great individual efforts on 2 fourth downs - against pretty good coverage - and another on a lateral....or this game was a blowout.

Ben gave JAX 10 points, and then played out of his mind to hang 42....So let's stop pretending like Haley did anything special. He was just as bad as the clowns running the defense, he just happened to be blessed with some special talent on offense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Offense would have won had it not lost the ball on a fumble scoop td score, or given the opposing offense the ball in the redzone. Or stalled in key situations to tie the game or even take the lead. In a shoot out.

Let's stop pretending like the offense was something special in this game. Great individual efforts on 2 fourth downs - against pretty good coverage - and another on a lateral....or this game was a blowout.

Ben gave JAX 10 points, and then played out of his mind to hang 42....So let's stop pretending like Haley did anything special. He was just as bad as the clowns running the defense, he just happened to be blessed with some special talent on offense.
When I say "offense," I sure as fuck don't mean Haley.