It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: King for a Day-Who do you fire? Can only fire 1 Coach.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:14 am 

For me it would be Haley. I think he’s a loser. Tomlin drives me nuts; I can understand the intense frustration with him. I’m surprised to say that at this point I have to think about it because I’ve been a Tomlin defender for so long. It’s gotten closer, but if I have just one it’s still Haley.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:24 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
You fire Tomlin’s dumb fucking ass because another HC would have the balls to dismiss his incompetent coordinators.

I don’t give a fuck if it’s not the Steeler way. Our situation sucks because we will always be there but never win anything meaningful.

He is out game planned and out coached more times than not over ther course of 16+ games.
Bailed out by last secind FGs vs.inferior opponent's.
Bailed out by amazing plays by super stars.
Today waz a prime example.
If not for amazing, sand lot plays by incredible talents...
This game would not have been close.

History has shown talwnted teams that were close and made a change can take the next step and win a SB.

The incompetence of simple situational football
Is not winning a SB.

Tomlin goes .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:27 am 

Butler. He will never be a good coordinator.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:37 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Haley.

Firings in order:

1) Butler
2) Haley
3) Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 am 

The thing about Firing Coaches is that you also have to Hire a Replacement. And there is No Guarantee that the Replacement Will Be Better. Some Fans at Steelerfury Always want to Fire the Head Coach and the Coordinators, at all times. It's a Given.

Did Steelerfury Posters want to fire Cowher? Yes. Fire Arians? Yes, Did they want to fire Lebeau? Yes. Did they want to fire Whisenhunt? Yes.

If Fire happy Steelerfury posters were in charge it would be like the Raiders and Al Davis with a new Head Coach every year.

Is Tomlin better than Cowher? Was Arians better thsn Whiz? Was Haley better than Arians? Was Butler better than Lebeau. These answers are Debatable. But my point is that there is no Guarantee the Replacement is better. And people here think the Grass is Always Greener.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:49 am 

Stallworth16 wrote:
The thing about Firing Coaches is that you also have to Hire a Replacement. And there is No Guarantee that the Replacement Will Be Better. Some Fans at Steelerfury Always want to Fire the Head Coach and the Coordinators, at all times. It's a Given.

Did Steelerfury Posters want to fire Cowher? Yes. Fire Arians? Yes, Did they want to fire Lebeau? Yes. Did they want to fire Whisenhunt? Yes.

If Fire happy Steelerfury posters were in charge it would be like the Raiders and Al Davis with a new Head Coach every year.

Is Tomlin better than Cowher? Was Arians better thsn Whiz? Was Haley better than Arians? Was Butler better than Lebeau. These answers are Debatable. But my point is that there is no Guarantee the Replacement is better. And people here think the Grass is Always Greener.

Agreed 100%. However, that being said, Butler hasn’t shown anything, IMO.

Tomlin has won. That can’t be discounted. So, I’m okay keeping him til Ben hangs em up.

I’d dump Haley right behind Butler, but the talent on offense seems to be able to overcome his deficiencies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:29 am 

I'm trying to keep Ben happy in the hopes he retires later rather than sooner. I think Ben likes Tomlin, so he can stay. Ben probably doesn't mind Butler, so he can too. Haley? GONE. Ben seems to work well with Fitch, promote him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:49 am 

Stallworth16 wrote:

Agreed as well!

But what change do you make in the offseason? Are you going to get talent on D to prevent 45 points?

I think they need more than a tweak. I don’t think you ever clear the house unless a scandal or something, but 1 coach probably needs to go to get the desired outcome of a Super Bowl.

Firing Haley would be asinine on paper. Look at his stats for his offense. Always best or near the top in many areas. I guess maybe Ben is so good that Arians and Haley are just shit coordinators and when we get the right one we get 40 points a game?

I think Tomlin has to go, but I am open to hear a proposal of what is wrong and what we will do to address the issue.

I would actually have a hard time writing down what is wrong.

They don’t seem to have someone that can put it all together in a repeatable way, especially considering the talent.

Maybe the D is lacking on talent. Not one current future HOF potential player. Bad D can make your team look shitty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 am 

Haley would be my choice to go. 4th and 1 foot, they run toss sweeps? For the talent the offense has, too many teams were able to stop it on 3rd/4th and short. Butler has the excuse of a mediocre middle linebacker group, FS needs an upgrade, and don't bother picking up #48's 5th year option - those areas are serious holes. NT is not as disruptive as I'd like either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 am 

Haley has no contract and doesn't need fired.

Firing Tomlin but keeping Butler makes no sense.

So...Butler.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next