It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: King for a Day-Who do you fire? Can only fire 1 Coach.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:02 am 

I have to let the emotions go at this point because I'd love to fire all of them right now.

Haley is my vote:

1. There's something not right in the relationship between him and Ben.

2. You run straight forward or do a QB sneak on 4 and inches. I see Brady do it EVERY time and gets it. It is a game changer and always keeps their drives alive. They did it with the Titans and didn't really need to, it was another statement at another level. See 1.

3. Bubble screen - burn the finging playbook or come up with something more original. NO ONE is ever fooled and it doesn't work.

Haley has to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 am 

Tombutley.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:12 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
The Steelers will not throw out the baby with the bath water. They should not and never do. They will make a change I suspect. They need to make a change otherwise we will have the same results next year.

The season was a success. The results; not enough for Steeler Nation.

If you were king for a day and we’re allowed to make one change only, what would it be?

I think I would fire Tomlin if I had to make one change.

We are getting the proper talent; so GM can stay. The OC is quite competent at doing what is probably stated on his contract. Score points; Keep Ben upright; finish as a top offense. Keep Haley.

Butler is suffering a little bit from talent; either players or coaching. I can only fire one, so it is not Butler, but he is on the hot seat.

I think 10 years is enough. I think they, he and PS should go in a different direction for a final push in Ben’s window. Tomlin gets the PS Order of the Cross or whatever. He was a top coach in the league, very successful PS coach, and a great coach by any measure.

The PS need someone to come in that can put a different strategy together. One that emphasizes camouflage and does not limit options with formations. Attacks weaknesses. Has a different take on odds and gut feelings. A coach that doesn’t lose when the O scores 42. Something is missing that puts it all together. We have great instruments. We know how to play great music. We can play great for a movement or two, but we need a better conductor who can put it all together and orchestrate a Super Bowl.

It is obviously not an easy choice. Organizations fail left and right in the league in this endeavor. Someone needs to make a bold, calculated, and thoughtful change to take us to the next level. We need an injection of tactical strategy. Tomlin can go somewhere else and build an organization under his vision. He has the right stuff to take many teams from good to great, but we need someone else.

I think Tomlin is too much Phil Jackson and not enough....Bill Belichick. We don’t suffer from team issues of chemistry which is Tomlin’s strength. I don’t think Tomlin is a tactician and he has not surrounded himself with tacticians either. We need more of that, without losing the chemistry skill too.

Great post.

I’d fire Tomlin in a heartbeat. I know Rooney won’t because they don’t want to be in the news for any other reason than a Lombardi trophy and that’s obviously not happening this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:17 am 

fortythree wrote:
Haley has no contract and doesn't need fired.

Firing Tomlin but keeping Butler makes no sense.

So...Butler.

Spirit of the question is "Which coach do you not bring back", so that's why I said Haley.

Surrendering 38 points to Jax at home doesn't bode well for a Butler. I'm still stunned, and I can't defend anyone. They should be scanning for replacements at DC right now. I wonder what James Harrison was thinking when he learned of/watched the Steelers crumble.

OC - can't bring him back - situationally, he's a clown. He had all of his starters, and it took miracles to score TD's. I've seen enough of Haley's work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 am 

Tomlin for sure. New coach will bring in his own assistants anyway. Butler and ReTodd would be gone. Probably loud mouth Joey too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 am 

There are many who say Haley was forced on Tomlin. Assuming that's correct, let Haley go....make this 100% Tomlin's team, then reassess him.

It's pretty obvious Haley is gone, as 43 pointed out his contract is up. So if nothing else, this is the most realistic change that will occur.

Even chewing gum managed to not screw things up and his unit made a play (that Haley's unit couldn't capitalize on).

This team is disjointed. As others have pointed out, it's incredible plays by incredible athletes that hides a lot of incompetence.

Without Haley, it's now Tomlin's team 100% if it isn't already, and it (shouldnt) be debatable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:03 am 

Haley has no contract - so he's gone regardless,

I fire Porter - he's been given a few first round picks at his position and the results have not been good... not only that but he's an assclown off the field like Haley - not professional enough for the focus this team requires.

I hire a clock management /situation person for Tomlin regardless of his wishes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 am 

Tomlin. It won't happen, but I fire his ass because I know the next guy in would replace the mental midgets Haley, Butler and the rest of them. Time to clean house.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:53 am 

I fire Tomlin. Because the new HC would fire both coordinators anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:01 am 

I fire Mike Tomlin because the problems start at the top.

I'm not 100% sure new coordinators help the matter because at the end of the day, the conservatism, and, worse, the lack of a "championship attitude" from the players we see must stem from the top.

Even if it doesn't, the buck stops with the head man.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next