It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Agony of Wait Till Next Year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm 

Next year has started...

Quote:
Re-signed 7 players...

Canaday and Grimble were exclusive-rights free agents, meaning the Steelers held their rights and all the bargaining leverage.

Among those signed to reserve/future contracts was former Pitt linebacker Matt Galambos, who spent his rookie season on the Steelers practice squad/injured reserve list. The other four signed finished the season on the practice squad: safety Jordan Dangerfield, outside linebacker Farrington Huguenin, tight end Jake McGee and cornerback Dashaun Phillips.
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/131 ... er-grimble

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:17 pm 

Bud Dupree is just ok or worse.
TJ Watt is a good player but didn't show as much as we hoped.

Does anyone see TJ getting a look at Inside Linebacker? I know it's a long shot. Just food for thought. TJ has the lateral speed and the vertical speed to play ILB. It might be an interesting fit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 pm 

That fifth-year option. Anybody wish to comment about this regarding Jones... I mean Dupree? http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/131 ... ole-career

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:40 pm 

Great posts gentlemen. Some positive stuff in this thread and certainly needed. I’ll be diving into the draft as always at this point trying to hold on to a shred of football during the horrible off season. Wish I got Pens games here in upstate NY. Maybe I can find a link. Anyway, appreciate the positivity and this board more than I should I’m sure. Best place on the interwebs hands down. LoL. Hoping for a great FA period, a great draft and as always Marsha to break her leg.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Great posts gentlemen. Some positive stuff in this thread and certainly needed. I’ll be diving into the draft as always at this point trying to hold on to a shred of football during the horrible off season. Wish I got Pens games here in upstate NY. Maybe I can find a link. Anyway, appreciate the positivity and this board more than I should I’m sure. Best place on the interwebs hands down. LoL. Hoping for a great FA period, a great draft and as always Marsha to break her leg.

You can get Pens games, rest of season for $40. I paid $110 for whole season, so this is a good deal, Thrillseeker.

https://subscribe.nhl.com/us?partnerId= ... P-PD2-NA-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

You can get Pens games, rest of season for $40. I paid $110 for whole season, so this is a good deal, Thrillseeker.

Thanks man. I’ll have to check that out. Now, I wonder if I can broadcast that on my tv from iPad or phone or one of the apps on my smart tv that I don’t know too much about. Lmao.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Thanks man. I’ll have to check that out. Now, I wonder if I can broadcast that on my tv from iPad or phone or one of the apps on my smart tv that I don’t know too much about. Lmao.

At least one of those will work. I watch on my laptop, sometimes hook the laptop up to the smart tv.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Nice post shake.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:23 pm 

Wasn’t there some stupid puff piece written about Dupree before the season started about how he was poised to be the best OLB in the league? Was it ESPN?

Hahahahahaha. Hilarious! We’ve totally fucked ourselves at the OLB position for far too long, yet we have a defensive scheme that is predicated on great OLB play. Blow the whole damn thing up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:31 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

That's a buck and change per game. If you can watch all that are left. Seems like a deal without having to deal with streaming bullshit, but they say pens have 29 blacked out games. I assume that price includes playoffs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next