It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Agony of Wait Till Next Year
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
The real agony of wait until next year?

Knowing the odds are high that next year will end the same way this year ended.

And the really sad part is, in the not so distant future the only thing that's likely to change is Ben will tell us that was it.

Happy to hear he plans to play 3 more years. But that's an eternity at this point. They say the arm is the last thing to go, but his mobility is already starting to approach post-spinal surgery Manning levels.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:17 pm 

Nice write up, Shake

Glad you joined, by the way.

Quote:
overconfidence

JAX with the #1 Pts/Dr and #3 TO's/Dr defense PLUS already 1 win in our house this season...

They came in here a very confident football team. And they felt disrespected.

Would have been smart for our players to tread lightly doling out compliments during the week.

I don't know if any of that mattered on the field... but still...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

The truth is, this year was FUN, I actually got a lot of enjoyment out of a 13 win regular season. I can't agree with people that say, "It's worthless and a waste if you don't win the Super Bowl". They always have these TV Ads, "The Playoffs are the best time of year", Uh... NO they aren't, I like the middle of October better, because there are games last week, this week and next week... And yeah, I watched every Steelers game this year and got a lot of entertainment out of it, So yeah, sucks losing in the playoffs, but I enjoy the whole process and if you win 6 out of 51 Super Bowls, you are a God anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
....and if you win 6 out of 51 Super Bowls, you are a God anyways.

Sickening to think Belicheat and Brady might be grabbing their 6th....in just 15-16 years.

Tomlin walks past 6 Lombardis every day.....a different coach might be walking past at least 7-8.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 pm 

Tomlin just rah-rah'd Cowhers team to #6. He's done nothin more than Switzer did with Johnson's team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:50 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Great posts gentlemen. Some positive stuff in this thread and certainly needed. I’ll be diving into the draft as always at this point trying to hold on to a shred of football during the horrible off season. Wish I got Pens games here in upstate NY. Maybe I can find a link. Anyway, appreciate the positivity and this board more than I should I’m sure. Best place on the interwebs hands down. LoL. Hoping for a great FA period, a great draft and as always Marsha to break her leg.

You can get Pens games, rest of season for $40. I paid $110 for whole season, so this is a good deal, Thrillseeker.

https://subscribe.nhl.com/us?partnerId= ... P-PD2-NA-1
That's a buck and change per game. If you can watch all that are left. Seems like a deal without having to deal with streaming bullshit, but they say pens have 29 blacked out games. I assume that price includes playoffs?

Don't think so...all playoff games are on other TV....one of several networks, so would be blacked out. Still a great deal though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:50 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Nice write up, Shake

Glad you joined, by the way.

Quote:
overconfidence

JAX with the #1 Pts/Dr and #3 TO's/Dr defense PLUS already 1 win in our house this season...

They came in here a very confident football team. And they felt disrespected.

Would have been smart for our players to tread lightly doling out compliments during the week.

I don't know if any of that mattered on the field... but still...

Thanks, and you’re right, it would have been smart for our players to tread lightly. If the memory of a 30-9 loss at home isn’t going to help keep you focused on the task at hand, I don’t know what will. The stuff that came out about Mitchell was off the charts stupidity. Not that he’d be a better football player if he kept his mouth shut, but at least there would be one less thing to dislike about him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:14 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

The truth is, this year was FUN, I actually got a lot of enjoyment out of a 13 win regular season. I can't agree with people that say, "It's worthless and a waste if you don't win the Super Bowl". They always have these TV Ads, "The Playoffs are the best time of year", Uh... NO they aren't, I like the middle of October better, because there are games last week, this week and next week... And yeah, I watched every Steelers game this year and got a lot of entertainment out of it, So yeah, sucks losing in the playoffs, but I enjoy the whole process and if you win 6 out of 51 Super Bowls, you are a God anyways.

I’m starting to feel the same way, Nick. Love mid October football when everyone is playing! But this one stings bad. I’ll go so far as to say, for me, it’s the lowest I’ve felt after a divisional loss. Worst divisional loss ever. Only two games that had me feeling sicker were the home losses in the AFCCG to the Chargers and the first one to the Patriots, when they knocked out Brady (and it actually hurt them). But I completely hear you on the enjoyment of a 13 win regular season. We should all sign up for that every year and take our chances with the possibility of playoff heartache. And be grateful to be fans of this franchise and not another.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:23 am 

Lynch wrote:
Tomlin just rah-rah'd Cowhers team to #6. He's done nothin more than Switzer did with Johnson's team.

Gee, I don't know he only WENT BACK TO ANOTHER SUPER BOWL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:53 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Gee, I don't know he only WENT BACK TO ANOTHER SUPER BOWL.

With the CORE of Cowher's championship team...."eased in", lost.

Compelling argument.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next