It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SBI...Fire Mike Tomlin (Steelers Epitaph 2017)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 am 

Obviously wrote:
To understand what Kraft has done, you've got to look at the Patriots previous to his ownership. They never had an owner committed to winning a championship. They've had a few flashes prior to Kraft - 70's playoff appearances and 80's Super Bowl team that couldn't "Berry the Bears" but the Pats history 1960-93 was as dismal as fucking Foxboro Stadium which was replaced by Kraft. I can't stand the Pompous Fuck, but no one can deny his commitment to winning which beats EMR and co.

Successful people are rarely successful for a long period of time because of "luck".

Like you said, Kraft has a singular commitment to winning and (at least until this Brady nonsense, maybe) has not let anything distract him from that.

That is a supremely special aspect most people don't have.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 am 

Quote:
Man, you’re giving wayyy too much credit to Kraft and ownership. I don’t disagree with your points. But, good ownership is hiring people you believe in and getting out of the way. That’s all Kraft has done and same for the Rooney’s. Just so happens Kraft got lucky w/Belichick.

Paul Allen, that dunce in Indy, Kraft. Any turd owner can catch lightning in a bottle with a coach/player. Last time I looked it’s only been the Rooney’s that have had 3 coaches since 69 and are relevant every decade since.

Wow, incredible quote here-

Ownership in any organization is paramount, especially in a situation like the Steelers have with a few investors and Art2 having the final say. You are minimizing his and Kraft's influence. Even though we don't see it, he is involved with all aspects of this team on some level and he is certainly in the loop on all major decisions as it pertains to his family's business- no question.

Running this business isn't just luck - are you kidding me? And having 3 coaches since 1969 doesn't necessarily mean that is a good thing. I respect that he isn't knee jerk but there is a balance - he is out of balance.

They aren't the Bengals, but Art2 is too patient and predictable, especially when he is competing with a cut throat assassin like Robert Kraft.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:32 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Quote:
Man, you’re giving wayyy too much credit to Kraft and ownership. I don’t disagree with your points. But, good ownership is hiring people you believe in and getting out of the way. That’s all Kraft has done and same for the Rooney’s. Just so happens Kraft got lucky w/Belichick.

Paul Allen, that dunce in Indy, Kraft. Any turd owner can catch lightning in a bottle with a coach/player. Last time I looked it’s only been the Rooney’s that have had 3 coaches since 69 and are relevant every decade since.

Wow, incredible quote here-

Ownership in any organization is paramount, especially in a situation like the Steelers have with a few investors and Art2 having the final say. You are minimizing his and Kraft's influence. Even though we don't see it, he is involved with all aspects of this team on some level and he is certainly in the loop on all major decisions as it pertains to his family's business- no question.

Running this business isn't just luck - are you kidding me? And having 3 coaches since 1969 doesn't necessarily mean that is a good thing. I respect that he isn't knee jerk but there is a balance - he is out of balance.

They aren't the Bengals, but Art2 is too patient and predictable, especially when he is competing with a cut throat assassin like Robert Kraft.

Why? Explain why and how Kraft is a cutthroat assasin? What special knowledge do you have of Krafts operations that everybody else doesn’t? How the fuck isn’t it luck? What does Robert Kraft specifically do that can’t be attributed to Belichick decisions?

Fact is, you’re assuming. You have no fucking idea what input or involvement Kraft has in the Patriots operations. Does Belichick strike you as a man that welcomes input from his owner? Fuck no, he doesn’t.

Tomlin should be fired. ARII should do it. But, to claim that Kraft is some football savant heads and shoulders obove ARII is complete and utter bullshit.