It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bryant
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:06 pm 

ok..what gives with this guy? dude seemed to turn corner recently..great catch yesterday. several sweet catches last few games. why he targeted so few? hes a matchup nightmare.. seems like the step child of offense.. we wasting this guy..
I hope we retain him and he gets his full mojo back..and a new boss on offense can take advantage of this guys talents along with brown..
and McDonald? what a fine game he had. hope mores to come.

Post subject: Re: bryant
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:04 am 

Perhaps not surprisingly it took him this long to get in sync.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 pm 

It is not surprising! Look how long it took to get TE production. I think he was a victim of snap counts in practice and in games....he was partly to blame, but I think coaching philosophy is to blame as well. I guaranfuckingtee if he gets cut, the Patriots would pick him up the next minute.

They seem to be treating him like trash and not like the fragile superstar he needs to be treated as. Could be Harrison part II in the making.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 pm 

They ain't gonna cut em. Hopefully he comes ready to roast next season. Lotta $ could be made.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 pm 

Bryant now says he wants to return.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:14 pm 

I think he was made a smaller part of the gameplan because he wasn't producing.

Fortunately - and maybe that actually helped - the light seemed to finally go on and he made the most of his opportunities.

That confidence has to count for a ton heading into next year. Will he have a different attitude? Will he want to be here? Maybe Haley was also part of the problem with Bryant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:31 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I think he was made a smaller part of the gameplan because he wasn't producing.

Fortunately - and maybe that actually helped - the light seemed to finally go on and he made the most of his opportunities.

That confidence has to count for a ton heading into next year. Will he have a different attitude? Will he want to be here? Maybe Haley was also part of the problem with Bryant.

Like most problems there are probably many sides. My biggest concern here is him keeping on the straight and narrow for as long as possible. There's just no margin for error.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 pm 

Bryant is a major weapon in the passing game when utilized properly

He can run
He can track the ball
He is big

He should get 3-4 vertical shots a game.

AB is a star...Future HOF
JuJu may be the next great Steelers receiver
Bell is great in the passing game
Bryant can score from anywhere on the field...Our one or there one. Size and speed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 pm 

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Like most problems there are probably many sides. My biggest concern here is him keeping on the straight and narrow for as long as possible. There's just no margin for error.

There's really not a lot of risk. He'll be in the last year of his rookie deal. I'm not spending an early/mid pick on a receiver as insurance for Bryant.

I'm piling picks into defenses. Ben has said 3 more years, but every year is win now. We'll be lucky to get 1-2 more years at this level out of him. Unfortunately, Ben will be very Favre-like in trying to adjust to an aging arm.

So Bell and Bryant could be gone in 2019, but I'm not worrying about them this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Rod & Wire Mill wrote:

There's really not a lot of risk. He'll be in the last year of his rookie deal. I'm not spending an early/mid pick on a receiver as insurance for Bryant.

I'm piling picks into defenses. Ben has said 3 more years, but every year is win now. We'll be lucky to get 1-2 more years at this level out of him. Unfortunately, Ben will be very Favre-like in trying to adjust to an aging arm.

So Bell and Bryant could be gone in 2019, but I'm not worrying about them this year.

I hope neither or both get "weeded" out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 am 

FC wrote:
Bryant is a major weapon in the passing game when utilized properly

He can run
He can track the ball
He is big

He should get 3-4 vertical shots a game.

AB is a star...Future HOF
JuJu may be the next great Steelers receiver
Bell is great in the passing game
Bryant can score from anywhere on the field...Our one or there one. Size and speed

Yet our coaching staff had him on the field a little less than 50% of all offensive snaps this last game.
I hope MT does not use 2018 as another year to punish and suppress this kid and limit the potency of our offense.

How he can condone the flapping detrimental gums of Mike Mitchell........who is an ineffective liability on the field.
But punish talented guys like Bryant and Harrison for wanting more playing time...................both of who warranted more playing time.