It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blame Colbert for Tomlin still being here
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am 

That’s right. Despite what some of our resident draft and personnel gurus would say, Colbert has done an amazing job of adding talent to the roster year after year.

And because of this, Tomlin year after year has a very talented team to work with. Unfortunately he is a dope....a coach incapable of making the necessary adjustments to win a game. He “got by” this year with some too close for comfort wins against bad teams and less than stellar quarterbacks. I’d say some of the 13 wins this year were “lucky.”

Well, the luck and smoke and mirrors ran out against Jax. We’ve talked about the 4th and a foot calls, the onside kick, etc. No need to rehash it. But it does show what a complete mental midget this guy is when it comes to X’s and O’s.

I wanted him fired years ago. Not gonna happen. He should give Colbert part of his paycheck. Colbert gives him the talent...and with that talent he does exactly what with it?

How do you have a Top 5 QB, RB and perhaps one of the best WRs of all time....and you struggle?

We endured most of the games this year......there were very few games you could relax and enjoy this super talented team manhandle their opponent.

Mike Tomlin, you are a complete fraud of a HC. Your press conferences and interviews where you attempt to impress us all with your wit and commentary.....that all stems from your own insecurities. Even you know you underperform.

So next time you see good ol’ Kevin Colbert, give him a big hug and a “thank you.” He has done a great job of keeping your job for you. A job you should no longer have.

Post subject: Re: Blame Colbert for Tomlin still being here
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
That’s right. Despite what some of our resident draft and personnel gurus would say, Colbert has done an amazing job of adding talent to the roster year after year.

And because of this, Tomlin year after year has a very talented team to work with. Unfortunately he is a dope....a coach incapable of making the necessary adjustments to win a game. He “got by” this year with some too close for comfort wins against bad teams and less than stellar quarterbacks. I’d say some of the 13 wins this year were “lucky.”

Well, the luck and smoke and mirrors ran out against Jax. We’ve talked about the 4th and a foot calls, the onside kick, etc. No need to rehash it. But it does show what a complete mental midget this guy is when it comes to X’s and O’s.

I wanted him fired years ago. Not gonna happen. He should give Colbert part of his paycheck. Colbert gives him the talent...and with that talent he does exactly what with it?

How do you have a Top 5 QB, RB and perhaps one of the best WRs of all time....and you struggle?

We endured most of the games this year......there were very few games you could relax and enjoy this super talented team manhandle their opponent.

Mike Tomlin, you are a complete fraud of a HC. Your press conferences and interviews where you attempt to impress us all with your wit and commentary.....that all stems from your own insecurities. Even you know you underperform.

So next time you see good ol’ Kevin Colbert, give him a big hug and a “thank you.” He has done a great job of keeping your job for you. A job you should no longer have.

AMAZING is a bit hyperbolic. He has had his fair share of busts, and very little magic in later rounds when a real prescient draft guy shows his worth. I think he is good at drafting/player personnel and lousy at cap management and free agent acquisition.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:24 am 

In terms of overall roster talent, where do the Steelers rank?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 am 

All about right, #29. A number of weeks in a row this year, I went to work, told my colleagues that the Steelers were a fraudulent 7-2 team, a fraudulent 8-2 team, a fraudulent 9-2 team, as they struggled to beat the Lions, the Colts, the Packers, sometimes overcoming double digit deficits to do so. Meanwhile, the Patriots were winning in efficient fashion.

Well, on Sunday, the luck ran out...they couldn't overcome the deficit, couldn't get the fuck off the field when it counted, and then, their imbecilic Head Coach, didn't give them the chance to make the stop, get the 3 & out, that they needed to perhaps tie the game.

Im with you, #29. I was ready for the Steelers to ditch this guy following the 2012 season. Who else would we get? Plenty of fuckin' guys....starting with Mike Munchak on his own staff.

And....I'll say again what I took heat for several weeks ago. Yes, I would take John Harbaugh over The Fuckin' Idiot Tomlin....every day of the week, and at least twice on Sundays.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 am 

BarryFoster wrote:

Having a HOF QB covers up lots of warts. How did his defense, the one he designed look on Sunday? How did his highly drafted DE's look? His #1 LOLB?? I also think the Steelers do an above average job of developing players (See Villanueva, Hubbard, Hilton).

Jacksonville has a higher overall talent level BUT lack a franchise QB and receiver, which makes the offense look significantly weaker than it could be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Having a HOF QB covers up lots of warts. How did his defense, the one he designed look on Sunday? How did his highly drafted DE's look? His #1 LOLB?? I also think the Steelers do an above average job of developing players (See Villanueva, Hubbard, Hilton).

Jacksonville has a higher overall talent level BUT lack a franchise QB and receiver, which makes the offense look significantly weaker than it could be.

Colbert is not good at drafting DBs or LBs in R1.20-32.

I call BS on higher overall talent.

Jax secondary is beyond better.

LBs? Sure, better.

D line? I don't know about that.

Offense? No fucking way. Steelers better at every last position group. Every one.

I have no idea what happened to our defense Sunday. No idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:45 am 

Again. Overall talent on our roster. Where does this team rank across the league?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am 

That's easy to debate Lit. When your team is the ultimate bottom feeder for the better part of a fucking decade you are going to be drafting in much better positions. Higher draft picks don't necessarily equal top talent I admit that. That said, the fact that you are drafting higher in every round of every draft over the last 10 years means your chances of hitting on say, 70% of those draft picks out of those 10 draft years are greater than drafting at the end of those same drafts. Wouldn't you say? Ramsey, Jack out of the same draft for example. Then factor in the UDFA's like AJ Bouye. Since 2008 they've drafted no higher than 10. [No Higher Than 10 since 08....]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Having a HOF QB covers up lots of warts. How did his defense, the one he designed look on Sunday? How did his highly paid DE's look? His #1 LOLB?? I also think the Steelers do an above average job of developing players (See Villanueva, Hubbard, Hilton).

Fixed it for you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:28 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
Again. Overall talent on our roster. Where does this team rank across the league?

Been beating this drum forever

Every GM/coach would take the Steelers if they could have one teams' players over the past 5 years. Consistently in the Top 3 overall with the amount of talent across the board

What do they have to show for it? 1 AFCCG appearance.

Woof