It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Blame Colbert for Tomlin still being here
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:37 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Again. Overall talent on our roster. Where does this team rank across the league?

Been beating this drum forever

Every GM/coach would take the Steelers if they could have one teams' players over the past 5 years. Consistently in the Top 3 overall with the amount of talent across the board

What do they have to show for it? 1 AFCCG appearance.

Woof

This has been my thinking. Tomlin won the coaching lottery. Taking over a team with a HOF QB, and a great D is winning the coaching lottery.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
That’s right. Despite what some of our resident draft and personnel gurus would say, Colbert has done an amazing job of adding talent to the roster year after year.

And because of this, Tomlin year after year has a very talented team to work with. Unfortunately he is a dope....a coach incapable of making the necessary adjustments to win a game. He “got by” this year with some too close for comfort wins against bad teams and less than stellar quarterbacks. I’d say some of the 13 wins this year were “lucky.”

Well, the luck and smoke and mirrors ran out against Jax. We’ve talked about the 4th and a foot calls, the onside kick, etc. No need to rehash it. But it does show what a complete mental midget this guy is when it comes to X’s and O’s.

I wanted him fired years ago. Not gonna happen. He should give Colbert part of his paycheck. Colbert gives him the talent...and with that talent he does exactly what with it?

How do you have a Top 5 QB, RB and perhaps one of the best WRs of all time....and you struggle?

We endured most of the games this year......there were very few games you could relax and enjoy this super talented team manhandle their opponent.

Mike Tomlin, you are a complete fraud of a HC. Your press conferences and interviews where you attempt to impress us all with your wit and commentary.....that all stems from your own insecurities. Even you know you underperform.

So next time you see good ol’ Kevin Colbert, give him a big hug and a “thank you.” He has done a great job of keeping your job for you. A job you should no longer have.

This is spot on.

The guy is a complete fraud and has been for a long time. The national media is starting to finally realize it as well. I just wish they had the sense/balls to send him packing. Give me a young intelligent coordinator any day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 am 

CD is correct...young, intelligent coordinators. Young and intelligent! As in new, fresh ideas. I’m sure that if the Steelers part ways with Haley, they will promote Fitcher. I think this will be a mistake. Would he be a better play caller? Maybe...probably, and that will help, but it will still be the same, tired “Stillers Way” of playing football. Just look at Butler...it’s still the Lebeau system. Sure, Butler prefers certain ideas within that system over what DL preferred, but it’s still, stop the run first, tackle the catch, old school defense.
The Steelers organization has always been the slowest and last to adapt to the changing trends in the game. That needs to be addressed...shake up the good ole boy Steelers network. A2 needs to stop worrying about alienating the delusional, rock’em sock’em, living in the past fans. Bettis isn’t here anymore. Ward isn’t here any more. Hampton isn’t here anymore. Lloyd isn’t here anymore. And Cowher isn’t here anymore. Like it or not, it’s a different game. On AND off the field...it’s a different game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 am 

Well Said #29Stein... This is a team laden with talent year after year. Colbert delivers year after year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:01 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
This has been my thinking. Tomlin won the coaching lottery. Taking over a team with a HOF QB, and a great D is winning the coaching lottery.

Yep. "3rd and 6". "Easing in".

Guy should have been gone a long time ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
CD is correct...young, intelligent coordinators. Young and intelligent! As in new, fresh ideas. I’m sure that if the Steelers part ways with Haley, they will promote Fitcher. I think this will be a mistake. Would he be a better play caller? Maybe...probably, and that will help, but it will still be the same, tired “Stillers Way” of playing football. Just look at Butler...it’s still the Lebeau system. Sure, Butler prefers certain ideas within that system over what DL preferred, but it’s still, stop the run first, tackle the catch, old school defense.
The Steelers organization has always been the slowest and last to adapt to the changing trends in the game. That needs to be addressed...shake up the good ole boy Steelers network. A2 needs to stop worrying about alienating the delusional, rock’em sock’em, living in the past fans. Bettis isn’t here anymore. Ward isn’t here any more. Hampton isn’t here anymore. Lloyd isn’t here anymore. And Cowher isn’t here anymore. Like it or not, it’s a different game. On AND off the field...it’s a different game.

I remember when Tomlin was young and enthusiastic. Busted out his old notebooks from college practice days.

Now he's mailing it in because, well he CAN and he won't be held accountable

Quote:
So many times it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

Guy has made well over $50M.

IMO, obsessive types like Belicheat (and perhaps Lebeau) still enjoying LONG, LONG weeks after decades in the league are exceptionally rare. The Mike Tomlin types, after a decade in the league, get outcoached because they get outworked. '

And why would he care? Fire me tomorrow, I don't need the money. 80+ hour weeks for damn near half the year? Why? I already got my money AND a ring. I'm fat and happy, will put in an honest 50 hours a week and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Guy has made well over $50M.

IMO, obsessive types like Belicheat (and perhaps Lebeau) still enjoying LONG, LONG weeks after decades in the league are exceptionally rare. The Mike Tomlin types, after a decade in the league, get outcoached because they get outworked. '

And why would he care? Fire me tomorrow, I don't need the money. 80+ hour weeks for damn near half the year? Why? I already got my money AND a ring. I'm fat and happy, will put in an honest 50 hours a week and hope for the best.

Yep, I've been saying it for years and finally got tied of most not listening. I know Tomlin's life well, I know the men/environment he is molded from. He's the coaching version of Mike Vick. His charm, mouth, bravado and line of BS are equivalent to Vick's legs and arm. After that, Vick had no real skill to be a very good QB and Tomlin is of the same ilk. Again, he is the Mike Vick of coaches.