It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:04 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Oh, and BTW...Ben has oodles of room to escape to his left on the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR31ga10Xwo

Not sure where to get the video of the first 4th and 1.....before the Jags time out.
The Jags defensive line was not packed at the line.
The Jags had 10 men on defense.
There was time to snap the ball long before the time out.
The Jags were running around, not ready, gaps on the line, if I recall.....plenty of space to gain yards. Bet he would have gotten 2 yards.

Said it before.
This team is not smart.
From Tomlin on down.
Ben needs to see all this and take that snap.
A smart team gets up, does not wait for the defense to get ready, is not polite, does not allow them to re-group.
Dumb football.

They are not practiced and prepared for these moments.
They can say it all they want.
But if they prepared for these moments, continually discussed these moments to clarify what needs to happen, it would be second nature.

For Tomlin to come out and say they were crowding the A and B gaps......
Take a look at the video tape.

And for him to say and justify not running it or sneaking it.............that "they are very good at stopping it"
I'm sure that was just a blind comment.

I'm not positive on the stats on the Jags defense on 4th and 1 or less.
Some of you guys may know how/ where to get that info.

Looks like the Jags defense on 4th down gave up 11 of 20, 4th down attempts. 21st in the league.

Have to imagine some of those could be 4th and longer than 1 or 2 attempts.

What are there numbers on 4th and 1?

Regardless, Bens 4th down QB sneaks are 18 of 19.

"Poor execution" is always his answer when opposing coaches yell checkmate, after seeing the play unfold.

Agreed on Tomlin. But, why can’t Ben make these calls? I hold him just, if not more, accountable.

Ben’s at the line, he’s in control, how does he not recognize Jville’s confusion and take advantage? Tomlin deserves a shit ton of criticism for this and everything else. But, Ben seems to consistently display a weird lack of awareness at times for a 1st ballot HOFer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
At this point they should do FAKE histrionics (or would that be fake fake histrionics) and snap the ball right away while the defense is thinking they're just trying to draw them offsides.

Ben did exactly that several years ago, before they took the sneak out of the playbook. I thought he and Pouncey did that on their own - maybe he had the ok to do it if he saw the opportunity, but it was DEFINITELY Ben's call.

I really thought that's what they would do here. Looked exactly the same, except in this case the third time he went under center there was no snap and no sneak.

Wasn't there a time too when Ben walked away from center toward a WR as if to yell the call to him, and the center snapped the ball to the RB who ran ahead for the first?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:53 pm 

And then Brady QB sneaks for 3 on a non-4th to add salt to the biggest blunder by the PS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 pm 

Not sure if it was mentioned.............

To add insult to stupidity.

I thought I heard the Gilbert injury / concussion?
Was hurt on that 4th and 1 sweep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
At this point they should do FAKE histrionics (or would that be fake fake histrionics) and snap the ball right away while the defense is thinking they're just trying to draw them offsides.

Ben did exactly that several years ago, before they took the sneak out of the playbook. I thought he and Pouncey did that on their own - maybe he had the ok to do it if he saw the opportunity, but it was DEFINITELY Ben's call.

I really thought that's what they would do here. Looked exactly the same, except in this case the third time he went under center there was no snap and no sneak.

Wasn't there a time too when Ben walked away from center toward a WR as if to yell the call to him, and the center snapped the ball to the RB who ran ahead for the first?

Hell...I would have liked that play better than the sweep.

As the weeks go by, I do place a lot of blame on the first failure on Ben. Jax was in disarray...only had ten men on the field. They eventually called timeout because of it. Ben had to have seen that, and he should have immediately snapped the ball and plowed forward. He probably wouldn’t have even been touched.

Instead he goes into his fake snap count shit.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Hell...I would have liked that play better than the sweep.

As the weeks go by, I do place a lot of blame on the first failure on Ben. Jax was in disarray...only had ten men on the field. They eventually called timeout because of it. Ben had to have seen that, and he should have immediately snapped the ball and plowed forward. He probably wouldn’t have even been touched.

Instead he goes into his fake snap count shit.

No...he was actually calling a play at the line. Because, you know, he can’t, won’t, or isn’t allowed to run a QB sneak.
The fake snap shit is Pop Warner garbage, and drives me fucking bonkers when he tries it. But, in this case, that isn’t what he was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 pm 

I made the point that Ben wasn’t really wasn’t a “smart” QB after the loss. People pushed back.

I recanted some and said what I was referring to was that he wasn’t a “heady” QB.

People still pushed back.

Your post (Jeemie) illustrates what I was referring to.

A QB with his head in the game sees that shit and gets the EASY first.

Not our guy.

And not our coaches.

Last edited by 955876 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 pm 

Whatever he was doing, Jobu, he had time to notice Jax in disarray.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 pm 

955876 wrote:
I made the point that Ben wasn’t really wasn’t a “smart” QB after the loss. People pushed back.

I recanted some and said what I was referring to was that he wasn’t a “heady” QB.

People still pushed back.

Your post illustrates what I was referring to.

A QB with his head in the game sees that shit and gets the EASY first.

Not our guy.

And not our coaches.

For lol the talk of practicing situational football, the evidence is the Steelers do nothing of the sort.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 pm 

That’s been evident for a looooooong time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next