It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22141
Oh, and BTW...Ben has oodles of room to escape to his left on the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR31ga10Xwo

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 4868
Jeemie wrote:
Oh, and BTW...Ben has oodles of room to escape to his left on the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR31ga10Xwo


Not sure where to get the video of the first 4th and 1.....before the Jags time out.
The Jags defensive line was not packed at the line.
The Jags had 10 men on defense.
There was time to snap the ball long before the time out.
The Jags were running around, not ready, gaps on the line, if I recall.....plenty of space to gain yards. Bet he would have gotten 2 yards.

Said it before.
This team is not smart.
From Tomlin on down.
Ben needs to see all this and take that snap.
A smart team gets up, does not wait for the defense to get ready, is not polite, does not allow them to re-group.
Dumb football.

They are not practiced and prepared for these moments.
They can say it all they want.
But if they prepared for these moments, continually discussed these moments to clarify what needs to happen, it would be second nature.

For Tomlin to come out and say they were crowding the A and B gaps......
Take a look at the video tape.

And for him to say and justify not running it or sneaking it.............that "they are very good at stopping it"
I'm sure that was just a blind comment.

I'm not positive on the stats on the Jags defense on 4th and 1 or less.
Some of you guys may know how/ where to get that info.

Looks like the Jags defense on 4th down gave up 11 of 20, 4th down attempts. 21st in the league.

Have to imagine some of those could be 4th and longer than 1 or 2 attempts.

What are there numbers on 4th and 1?

Regardless, Bens 4th down QB sneaks are 18 of 19.

"Poor execution" is always his answer when opposing coaches yell checkmate, after seeing the play unfold.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:32 am 
Online

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1107
Stosh-67 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Oh, and BTW...Ben has oodles of room to escape to his left on the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR31ga10Xwo


Not sure where to get the video of the first 4th and 1.....before the Jags time out.
The Jags defensive line was not packed at the line.
The Jags had 10 men on defense.
There was time to snap the ball long before the time out.
The Jags were running around, not ready, gaps on the line, if I recall.....plenty of space to gain yards. Bet he would have gotten 2 yards.

Said it before.
This team is not smart.
From Tomlin on down.
Ben needs to see all this and take that snap.
A smart team gets up, does not wait for the defense to get ready, is not polite, does not allow them to re-group.
Dumb football.

They are not practiced and prepared for these moments.
They can say it all they want.
But if they prepared for these moments, continually discussed these moments to clarify what needs to happen, it would be second nature.

For Tomlin to come out and say they were crowding the A and B gaps......
Take a look at the video tape.

And for him to say and justify not running it or sneaking it.............that "they are very good at stopping it"
I'm sure that was just a blind comment.

I'm not positive on the stats on the Jags defense on 4th and 1 or less.
Some of you guys may know how/ where to get that info.

Looks like the Jags defense on 4th down gave up 11 of 20, 4th down attempts. 21st in the league.

Have to imagine some of those could be 4th and longer than 1 or 2 attempts.

What are there numbers on 4th and 1?

Regardless, Bens 4th down QB sneaks are 18 of 19.

"Poor execution" is always his answer when opposing coaches yell checkmate, after seeing the play unfold.

Good breakdown, Stosh. This is a PERFECT example of Tomlin's well defined line of BS. It's really too bad the beat reporters don't have the balls to get into a pissing match with him over this. Someone asks a question about this kind of stuff and he shuts them down immediately with some form of BS. If pushed further he gets defensive and goes kind of tough guy at that point. It's sad really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22141
Stosh...Ben was too busy doing that “Let’s do all these histrionics to try and draw them offside, even though it never works” bullshit to notice that maybe if he immediately snapped it, he would have gotten the yards.

You’re right- they do not practice these. And yes...they are dumb situationally. As Schefter said, shit flows downhill.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 4868
Quote:
Stosh...Ben was too busy doing that “Let’s do all these histrionics to try and draw them offside, even though it never works” bullshit to notice that maybe if he immediately snapped it, he would have gotten the yards.


Jeems, thats exactly what I thought they were doing.
I yelled aloud, are you kidding me. Snap the fucking ball and go.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6620
At this point they should do FAKE histrionics (or would that be fake fake histrionics) and snap the ball right away while the defense is thinking they're just trying to draw them offsides.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 9690
Jeemie wrote:
Oh, and BTW...Ben has oodles of room to escape to his left on the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR31ga10Xwo

true..just needed to move..which he doesn't do much these days..there was a window on here when he shoulda known pocket was disappearing and simply scooted to his left and then find a guy..oh well..
and the drawing off sides farce needs to end. so old and lame and like it said her u miss great chances to catch defense unprepared and beat them for the 1st and maybe more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9995
Poltargyst wrote:
At this point they should do FAKE histrionics (or would that be fake fake histrionics) and snap the ball right away while the defense is thinking they're just trying to draw them offsides.


Ben did exactly that several years ago, before they took the sneak out of the playbook. I thought he and Pouncey did that on their own - maybe he had the ok to do it if he saw the opportunity, but it was DEFINITELY Ben's call.

I really thought that's what they would do here. Looked exactly the same, except in this case the third time he went under center there was no snap and no sneak.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22141
Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
At this point they should do FAKE histrionics (or would that be fake fake histrionics) and snap the ball right away while the defense is thinking they're just trying to draw them offsides.


Ben did exactly that several years ago, before they took the sneak out of the playbook. I thought he and Pouncey did that on their own - maybe he had the ok to do it if he saw the opportunity, but it was DEFINITELY Ben's call.

I really thought that's what they would do here. Looked exactly the same, except in this case the third time he went under center there was no snap and no sneak.


And you would have thought with Jax only having ten men on the field (which is why they called the timeout)...

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 743
Can't remember which 4th and short it was. May have been this one before the timeout.

I thought one of their guys DID jump. Pretty sure it would've been a neutral zone infraction if they snapped. I was pissed at the time. It could end up being it wasn't offside and I was antsy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DP39, Ice, Quixotic and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group