It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: ESPN Stats: Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Whatever he was doing, Jobu, he had time to notice Jax in disarray.

To be honest, Jax wasn’t really in disarray. They only had 10 on the field, but were lined up and had the middle of the line stacked. I believe the QB sneak could have earned the first down, but it wasn’t a slam dunk.
Two things I noticed on re-watch...the Jags DT opposite DeCastro jumped into the neutral zone...if DD reacts its a free 5 yards. On the third down play, the first sweep, it looks like Bell may have actually made the first down line. No replay...no challenge.
Dumb fucks all around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:36 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

To be honest, Jax wasn’t really in disarray. They only had 10 on the field, but were lined up and had the middle of the line stacked. I believe the QB sneak could have earned the first down, but it wasn’t a slam dunk.
Two things I noticed on re-watch...the Jags DT opposite DeCastro jumped into the neutral zone...if DD reacts its a free 5 yards. On the third down play, the first sweep, it looks like Bell may have actually made the first down line. No replay...no challenge.
Dumb fucks all around.

Situational football. We found in the Tennessee/Patriots game that the Pats are coached to jump if a defender jumps into the neutral zone.

I’m sure our guys don’t get coached to do that.

PS I thought the Steelers should have challenged the third down spot as well, but not sure it would have been conclusive.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:38 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Dumb fucks all around.

Saw the jump live. I THOUGHT they were looking to draw them offsides and failed to snap it anyway...confused the hell out of me. Then I convinced myself maybe he never entered the neutral zone....either way, you're right...if DD reacts to him, maybe they get the free 1st down. Didn't even think of that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7