It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AB’s Shoulder Pads
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 pm 

Anyone else noticed the trend with the good DBs holding on the shoulder pad’s epaulets? The flap on top. See picture below. I have seen this with the taller DBs against AB. Ramsey did/does it and I noticed it a several other times. Generally it is the plus 6’ DBs that can do it. It does not get called.

AB really needs to look into a new shoulder pad design in the off season. He gets held all the time in this area.

Something to think about in the offseason if you have a 3D printer, are into prototyping, have access to new age materials and AB etc.

Post subject: Re: AB’s Shoulder Pads
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 pm 

For what it is worth. Watch the video and the replay. At riley2323 seconds in watch the hands of the CB. They go right for the top of the shoulder pad.

Vasoline those things.

https://youtu.be/AzHUiqicwtI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 pm 

Watched the Ben 5 TD video that came up on that youtube page. Kinda makes you wonder why the Steelers ever run the ball or throw it horizontally. They are doing stuff in the vertical passing game that approaches the best passing teams in history. They absolutely annihilated two of the best passing defenses this year in Baltimore & Jacksonville and put up a pretty good show vs excellent Minnesota.

It really does make you wonder how good this team could be on offense if they only used the run as a change of pace.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
For what it is worth. Watch the video and the replay. At riley2323 seconds in watch the hands of the CB. They go right for the top of the shoulder pad.

Vasoline those things.

Most of the contact is after 5 yards and could be called holding but then AB pushes off... The refs seem to be allowing more hand fighting if it is at a resonable level and even if it impedes progress somewhat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 am 

Flanker wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Vasoline those things.

Most of the contact is after 5 yards and could be called holding but then AB pushes off... The refs seem to be allowing more hand fighting if it is at a resonable level and even if it impedes progress somewhat.

Check out the second TD Brown caught. Bouye has a handful of jersey right at the back of Brown's shoulder pads the entire way down the field. Brown would have been two or three yards ahead of him had he not grabbed. Jacksonville d-backs were doing that the whole game and nothing got called. Which make what Ben, Brown and the others do that much more impressive. Shame it was wasted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 am 

SteelerZen wrote:
Flanker wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Vasoline those things.

Check out the second TD Brown caught. Bouye has a handful of jersey right at the back of Brown's shoulder pads the entire way down the field. Brown would have been two or three yards ahead of him had he not grabbed. Jacksonville d-backs were doing that the whole game and nothing got called. Which make what Ben, Brown and the others do that much more impressive. Shame it was wasted.
I'm not interested in starting an officiating thread, but can anybody tell me if the game was called evenly? BR sat in the pocket numerous times looking for someone to get open and then ended up taking a sack or dumping it off. AB was mugged all day, and so was JuJu. I wonder if the Steelers DB's were playing soft letting Jax receivers get open.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 am 

This post is weird man. if they don't hold the epaulets they will hold something else. It's part of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am 

R S wrote:
This post is weird man. if they don't hold the epaulets they will hold something else. It's part of the game.

It is strange! But the receivers work on busting the forearms when holding in the front. The refs need to call the holding in the back.

The top of the shoulder pad is new in my opinion, and I think there is a handle some of the top DBs have discovered, created by poor shoulder pad design. It is not horse collaring, but I would change the design so that the horse collar is the only option.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:59 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Watched the Ben 5 TD video that came up on that youtube page. Kinda makes you wonder why the Steelers ever run the ball or throw it horizontally. They are doing stuff in the vertical passing game that approaches the best passing teams in history. They absolutely annihilated two of the best passing defenses this year in Baltimore & Jacksonville and put up a pretty good show vs excellent Minnesota.

It really does make you wonder how good this team could be on offense if they only used the run as a change of pace.

FIRE HALEY and then maybe we can find out

AR2 hired Haley thinking that Ben needed to be "protected" from pursuing the vertical passing game - which is his best asset. What a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm 

steel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

FIRE HALEY and then maybe we can find out

AR2 hired Haley thinking that Ben needed to be "protected" from pursuing the vertical passing game - which is his best asset. What a fucking idiot.

That 4th down throw to Bryant was far from a Hail Mary-- it was about the ballsiest throw you'll ever see, on a deep post from the slot, throw beyond the safety, dropped on a dime... I don't think I've ever seen a throw and catch as good, considering the moment and the opponent.

... and I'm not sure we've thrown to a route like that in at least 3 1/2 years. WTF not???