PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 pm 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/stee ... f-debacle/

Post subject: Re: "Other" Steelers owners want to fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm 

I'll believe it when I see it

If it happens I'll be the first in line for the parade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm 

If people here are so intent on getting Mikey fired, why doesn't someone take out a full page ad in the Gazette calling for his ouster? How much is a full page add? How about a billboard just outside Heinz Field?

Post subject: Woah: Some Steelers limited partners want Tomlin fired
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm 

I don't know that this needs its own thread, so mods feel free to fold this in with whatever.

According to Florio of the universally beloved PFT, a group of limited partners plan to petition Art II to fire Tomlin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-change/

Tomlin is going nowhere in my opinion, but I wonder his seat will not now begin to heat up if some among those with a small stake in ownership are fed up.

Of course, who the hell knows if the little weasel's "source" is credible, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm 

My bad Nick, you beat me to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
If people here are so intent on getting Mikey fired, why doesn't someone take out a full page ad in the Gazette calling for his ouster? How much is a full page add? How about a billboard just outside Heinz Field?

Florio cites a source. Who knows how credible any of this is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

I would contribute.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 pm 

I honestly don't know. I've been saying Tomlin should go for years, and he should have.

But at this point, the window may be too small to make major, wholesale changes. On the other hand, if you believe Tomlin will not win another SB in PIT, then there's really not even a choice to be made.

Haley is apparently gone, and Ben is suddenly committed to playing 3 more years. I'm guessing Ben is cool with Tomlin staying, and I'd guess that means Tomlin is 100% staying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:06 pm 

You can never say never? Not in this case...
Never!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:06 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

I would contribute toward a billboard in a heartbeat. I pay a shit ton for season tickets with the PSLs and other surcharges . It sucks to know that he has not learned from his mistakes and will never EVER beat the Patriots.

If some one starts the fund, I count me in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:09 pm 

Do you guys really believe that newspaper ads or a billboard is going to force A2 to fire Tomlin?
Seriously??? :lol:

I have to find my post from last night

Forget which thread I posted it in

But this is what I said

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports a group of the Steelers' limited partners want coach Mike Tomlin fired.
Tomlin has never had a losing season in 11 years with the Steelers while winning at least 10 games eight times, but that record has not prevented his name from popping up in rumors the last couple years. To be fair to the rabble-rousers, the Steelers have not been to the Super Bowl since 2010 and have made the Championship Game just once over that run, arguably an underachievement given the talent on the roster. Still, it remains unlikely Tomlin is shown the door, but perhaps the discontent will lead to changes to his staff. For what it is worth, Tomlin did not throw his support behind OC Todd Haley when given the chance during his season-ending press conference.

Donnie Brasco wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it

If it happens I'll be the first in line for the parade

I don't believe it will happen, but CBS is reporting it. But I doubt he's even on the hot seat, for whatever reason the Rooneys are obsessed with the idea of never firing a coach.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:10 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Do you guys really believe that newspaper ads or a billboard is going to force A2 to fire Tomlin?

I sure as shit do not.

But it is possible that grumbling partners could raise Tomlin's seat a few degrees and possibly motivate more secondary and tertiary coaching changes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:13 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

No I don’t. However, If the fans bitch about something, Art 2 is VERY sensitive about it. Look at the National Anthem fallout.

But, I am fed up. This seems like a perfect outlet for people like me to make our feelings known. I have pissed my money away on lesser and dumber things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:15 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

I sure as shit do not.

But it is possible that grumbling partners could raise Tomlin's seat a few degrees and possibly motivate more secondary and tertiary coaching changes.

It’s also possible that those “grumbling partners” may not be partners much longer. :lol:

Jobus Rum wrote:

It might be worth it just for the youtube video of a drunken Mike Mitchell ranting and crying at it :lol:

Still Lit wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

I sure as shit do not.

I'd be happy if they changed the Coordinators. It would be hard to sack a guy who never had a losing season and won 10 games 8 times in 11 years, with a Super Bowl win, especially the Rooneys.

But thinking back, when Cowher was having a bad stretch of seasons, they forced some coordinator changes on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:21 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
No. But it would suddenly make Tomlin open for criticism and turn up the heat. The court of public opinion has more power than you give it credit for. Just look at the current state of politics or culture. Do you think Art and Tomlin want a dark cloud constantly hanging over their heads for the entire season 2018?

Post subject: Re: Woah: Some Steelers limited partners want Tomlin fired
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:22 pm 

LOL it a nice thought in Theory but Rooney never let it happen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm 

Do me a favor guys - collect your money, count it, let me know how much you have. I’ll bet you the total that Pass Down Where Art2 Thou won’t even fire Butler.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I honestly don't know. I've been saying Tomlin should go for years, and he should have.

But at this point, the window may be too small to make major, wholesale changes. On the other hand, if you believe Tomlin will not win another SB in PIT, then there's really not even a choice to be made.

Haley is apparently gone, and Ben is suddenly committed to playing 3 more years. I'm guessing Ben is cool with Tomlin staying, and I'd guess that means Tomlin is 100% staying.

There are examples of very good teams needing a change atthe top to make that final push / difference.

2001 Bucs lost in playoffs for third straight year. They were on the cusp. A SB caliber team, fired Tony Dungy. Hired a new coach ( Gruden ) and won the SB the next year.

The 2014 Denver Broncos went to the playoffs four straight years. A SB caliber team, who also lost the SB in 2013.
Hired a new coach ( Kubiak ) and won the SB the next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:28 pm 

Steel Ubaldo wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

No I don’t. However, If the fans bitch about something, Art 2 is VERY sensitive about it. Look at the National Anthem fallout.

But, I am fed up. This seems like a perfect outlet for people like me to make our feelings known. I have pissed my money away on lesser and dumber things.

And the whole Miledgeville fiasco. What'd Swiss call them: the Shadyside Bistro group?? :lol:

Art2 is almost like Goodell in that perception is very important to him

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:33 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Steel Ubaldo wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

And the whole Miledgeville fiasco. What'd Swiss call them: the Shadyside Bistro group?? :lol:

Art2 is almost like Goodell in that perception is very important to him

Exactly. I don’t doubt that A2 wants to win, I just think that he feels that the Steelers must win in a certain way, with certain principles, to appease the masses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 pm 

Steel Ubaldo wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

I would contribute toward a billboard in a heartbeat. I pay a shit ton for season tickets with the PSLs and other surcharges . It sucks to know that he has not learned from his mistakes and will never EVER beat the Patriots.

If some one starts the fund, I count me in.
https://ssl.post-gazette.com/woe/category.aspx?tab=1

I'm tempted to call just to find out how much a full page add would cost.