It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: "Other" Steelers owners want to fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
The loss to Green Bay should be pushed down that list because if I had to guess, I’d guess Green Bay’s DVOA was depressed because Aaron Rodgers missed a few games.

Also we lost the anchor of our OL to injury right before the Super Bowl.
And the Tebow loss was a result of losing hampton and kiesel in the second qtr. Safety's abandoned their over the top coverage to help in defending the run option.

They only had one guy out this year, and had a number of weeks to address the problem. Last year they were relatively healthy on defense, and also got humiliated.

NE was way better than PIT last year, even with Lev Bell. Face facts.

DEN was so much worse than PIT that even losing some DL shouldn't have been enough to screw the pooch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:44 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
I can stand on the sidelines like a deer in the headlights too.

Can you do what Tomlin does Mon.-Saturday? Has your agent been contacting NFL teams? Let us know when you land an NFL head coaching job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
The loss to Green Bay should be pushed down that list because if I had to guess, I’d guess Green Bay’s DVOA was depressed because Aaron Rodgers missed a few games.

And the Tebow loss was a result of losing hampton and kiesel in the second qtr. Safety's abandoned their over the top coverage to help in defending the run option.

They only had one guy out this year, and had a number of weeks to address the problem. Last year they were relatively healthy on defense, and also got humiliated.

Also no Ryan Clark because of sickle cell.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I can stand on the sidelines like a deer in the headlights too.

Can you do what Tomlin does Mon.-Saturday? Has your agent been contacting NFL teams? Let us know when you land an NFL head coaching job.

Yes. I have a great set of tools to disassemble ping pong tables and I can spew bullshit with the best of them.

Don’t have an agent. But know someone.

Will do. You all can say “I knew him when.....”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:00 pm 

This nonsense that you can’t change without some multi year transition period is exactly that ... nonsense. What happened. when Tomlin took over

Is about the talent and the ideas and the hard work

We have one of those things right now

This team so desperately needs new ideas and a focus on maximizing the chances to win by paying attention to the little things. They fail way too often due to a refusal work on anything but what they do

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
It only lowers you chance if you believe Tomlin has the goods to win a SB. If you believe he does, then you don't make a change. Personally I probably make Munchak HC, Fitchner OC, and go find a DC.

If we do this, we should hire Scunge for DC. Then he can implement his new 4-3 ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:08 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
It only lowers you chance if you believe Tomlin has the goods to win a SB. If you believe he does, then you don't make a change. Personally I probably make Munchak HC, Fitchner OC, and go find a DC.

If we do this, we should hire Scunge for DC. Then he can implement his new 4-3 ideas.

I am sending Scunge my agent contact info. Hopefully they can strike a deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

I am sending Scunge my agent contact info. Hopefully they can strike a deal.

I want B2B as OC. If he turns it down then Nick79.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Munchak took himself out of consideration for the Cards' job. Schefter just reported it.

I just saw that too. Good. That makes me think that something is brewing behind the scenes in Pittsburgh.

Crap. They're going to screw this up - Munchak to OC, Tomlin stays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Also no Ryan Clark because of sickle cell.

There were also some key offensive injuries before/during the Tebow game as well. Pouncey was out. Mendenhall was out. Max Starks was injured during the game and replaced by Jonathan Scott. Roethlisberger was playing with a high ankle sprain. As was mentioned, both Keisel and Casey Hampton were injured early in the game and missed most of it. That Steelers team was old and riddled with key injuries. Losing to a polarizing figure like Tebow was embarrassing, but the sheer number of significant injuries to key players makes it more understandable.

This Jags loss was far worse than the Tebow loss. This year's team was healthy other than Shazier (and the team had several weeks to adapt to his injury- it's not like it happened during the game, as opposed to the Hampton and Keisel injuries during the Tebow game).

Like I said in the other thread, I think that this was the worst overall Steelers playoff loss since the 1994 AFCC loss to the Chargers. The two games even have a similar feel- arrogant Steelers team overlooking an opponent ends up losing at home. Inexcusable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5