It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10856
Jeemie wrote:
Here’s my deal...even if you don’t want to sneak, how dumb do you have to be to choose a toss sweep play against a fast defense instead?

And also...FUCKING GET RID OF THE “try and draw them offside” bullshit. It NEVER works, and you look stupid when you do it.

oh u right....I remember it worked once this year or last. forget the game..but I'm like it worked!!! one time for the ages. my biggest pet peave is the attempt to draw off side and end up punting..
.better bet is a hurry up and lineup and snap quick like u do on spike play and have ben fall down on pounce ass and bell shove him forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10856
Jeemie wrote:
Lynch wrote:
I can recall them failing running behind the fullback, and handing off to the fullback. Maybe I'm just remembering the bad here. Certainly not defending the toss play, but Christ you'd think Bell could get one foot there.


Dude...did you see how many Jags were in the backfield before Bell had even turned upfield?

Against a fast D, a slow-developing toss sweep is STUPID.

When a D is fast, you run RIGHT AT THEM, not laterally!

I think every defense is fast enough to stop that lame call..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4726
Jeemie wrote:
Here’s my deal...even if you don’t want to sneak, how dumb do you have to be to choose a toss sweep play against a fast defense instead?

And also...FUCKING GET RID OF THE “try and draw them offside” bullshit. It NEVER works, and you look stupid when you do it.

As dumb as a goal line package with an empty backfield


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2447
955876 wrote:

:lol:

Ya dude. Art II is going to fire Ben or even punish him for running a QB sneak.

We are talking about a football play here. Not some high degree of insubordination.

Shit, we all saw what this team does with a malcontent. Maybe Ben should have run the sneak. With any luck he could have still made the Super Bowl after Duece sent him to Philly or Minn for a day 2 pick.


They don't practice it. They don't have a call for it. If just he an Pouncey knows and it doesn't work or one of them gets hurt I'm sure he'd feel like a fucking moron.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4323
I wonder how much time is really spent in NE with Brady diving into piles practicing the QB sneak.

And your original comment was about obeying your boss. Not the amount of time (or lack there of) spent working on the play.

It’s an elementary play. One every team runs.

Not ours though. Chicken little, the Lil Engine that Could, and the Cowardly Lion are all too busy shivering in fear that Ben might spontaneously combust if he runs said play.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
While I agree that the QB sneak was the no-brainer I just wish our defense would not have gotten their asses handed to them all game long.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10856
should be 1st option with guy bens size. when less then yard needed and the resulting pile of humanity theres noway to accurately tell where ball is. they always seem to give the offense the benefit of doubt unless a real shove back by the defense is noticed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1660
tunch wrote:
Here are your options:

1. Give it to Bell up the middle
2. QB sneak
3. Fullback trap (this used to be a Steelers staple)
....
....
4. Play-action
....
....
....
....
....
5. Anything else

Only this cuckold fuck could overthink things with two All-Pro interior linemen, a HOF talent RB, and a 275 lb. QB that can move his feet.

They could also try snapping the ball with >10 left on the play clock.


Don’t forget 0....run to the line just 7 & 53 and snap it within 3 seconds. Instead of waiting for the defense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 pm
Posts: 2351
955876 wrote:
I wonder how much time is really spent in NE with Brady diving into piles practicing the QB sneak.

And your original comment was about obeying your boss. Not the amount of time (or lack there of) spent working on the play.

It’s an elementary play. One every team runs.

Not ours though. Chicken little, the Lil Engine that Could, and the Cowardly Lion are all too busy shivering in fear that Ben might spontaneously combust if he runs said play.


I think everything 955 posted is wrong. The Steelers don’t live in their own fears. They play to win, baby. At least I remember somebody saying that once. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3653
The QB sneak is not the issue. QB sneaks don't always work. We should be able to get a first down without a QB sneak. We have a great RB.

If I'm going to place blame for that loss. I'm blaming the Defense and the Shazier injury. We scored 42 points. If you can't win scoring 42, it's the Defense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23719
Suwanee88 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Here’s my deal...even if you don’t want to sneak, how dumb do you have to be to choose a toss sweep play against a fast defense instead?

And also...FUCKING GET RID OF THE “try and draw them offside” bullshit. It NEVER works, and you look stupid when you do it.

As dumb as a goal line package with an empty backfield


New England does that a lot.

Of course, it helps to have Gronk and design plays to use him.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:10 am
Posts: 705
Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Here’s my deal...even if you don’t want to sneak, how dumb do you have to be to choose a toss sweep play against a fast defense instead?

And also...FUCKING GET RID OF THE “try and draw them offside” bullshit. It NEVER works, and you look stupid when you do it.

As dumb as a goal line package with an empty backfield


New England does that a lot.

Of course, it helps to have Gronk and design plays to use him.



There's a good reason NE does this a lot.

They don't have the Steelers' talent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1660
Stallworth16 wrote:
The QB sneak is not the issue. QB sneaks don't always work. We should be able to get a first down without a QB sneak. We have a great RB.

If I'm going to place blame for that loss. I'm blaming the Defense and the Shazier injury. We scored 42 points. If you can't win scoring 42, it's the Defense.


18 for 19 on QB sneaks on 4th and 1. Ben’s leads the NFL since 2004. Technically you are correct, but you are close to being wrong.

Also, sustained offensive drives are part of a strong defensive philosophy! QB sneaks would have probably trimmed TOP by 8 minutes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7477
I'd like to know how many sneaks Ben's run from 2009 on. I still think this bullshit has its roots in his being injured sneaking for a TD against Washington in '08.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1758
86n96 wrote:
Jesus, Ben. The only one that makes more than you is the owner. Just fucking sneak it.

Agreed. I love me some Ben, but his woe-is-me victim shtick gets old. Just throw your sac over your shoulder man and fucking sneak it. Give the line a code name for the play, bark it out, and get a fucking foot when you need it.

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
swissvale72 wrote:
I'd like to know how many sneaks Ben's run from 2009 on. I still think this bullshit has its roots in his being injured sneaking for a TD against Washington in '08.


It's the concussions. The CTE thing kind of hit it's peak @ 2014 (the last time they ran one). The movie came out in Dec '15.

Ben has made more than a few comments about CTE. And when Haley says "I don't think it's a good idea to get your QB earholed" that's pretty much confirming Ben doesn't want to be subjected to the helmet-to-helmet hits from sneaking.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4706
Stallworth16 wrote:
The QB sneak is not the issue. QB sneaks don't always work. We should be able to get a first down without a QB sneak. We have a great RB.

If I'm going to place blame for that loss. I'm blaming the Defense and the Shazier injury. We scored 42 points. If you can't win scoring 42, it's the Defense.


Much of it was playing catch up when you pretty much have to go to the air 100%. Yes, I am now for Butler being shown the door, too, but those fourth down plays were disgusting at best. They made the difference, and the dumbasses Tomlin and Haley dialed them up.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2207
I think Ben is after the removal of Haley and possibly others.
He is after some level of control for three more years


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23719
Obviously wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
The QB sneak is not the issue. QB sneaks don't always work. We should be able to get a first down without a QB sneak. We have a great RB.

If I'm going to place blame for that loss. I'm blaming the Defense and the Shazier injury. We scored 42 points. If you can't win scoring 42, it's the Defense.


Much of it was playing catch up when you pretty much have to go to the air 100%. Yes, I am now for Butler being shown the door, too, but those fourth down plays were disgusting at best. They made the difference, and the dumbasses Tomlin and Haley dialed them up.


The damning part for me was that tweet that showed Haley doing the exact same toss sweep nonsense on a fourth and short in the playoffs as HC of Kansas City.

Shows he is dumb dumb dumb.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5618
Stallworth16 wrote:
The QB sneak is not the issue. QB sneaks don't always work. We should be able to get a first down without a QB sneak. We have a great RB.

If I'm going to place blame for that loss. I'm blaming the Defense and the Shazier injury. We scored 42 points. If you can't win scoring 42, it's the Defense.


Good christ. The stats say they work 99% of the time at less than a foot to go. That kind of thinking is probably why Tomlin and Haley don't want to run them.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5618
Kodiak wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I'd like to know how many sneaks Ben's run from 2009 on. I still think this bullshit has its roots in his being injured sneaking for a TD against Washington in '08.


It's the concussions. The CTE thing kind of hit it's peak @ 2014 (the last time they ran one). The movie came out in Dec '15.

Ben has made more than a few comments about CTE. And when Haley says "I don't think it's a good idea to get your QB earholed" that's pretty much confirming Ben doesn't want to be subjected to the helmet-to-helmet hits from sneaking.


Ben's a major pussy then. His guys (olineman) he always talks and raves about get hit in the head way worse on EVERY play, than he would on a QB sneak.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23719
I'm going to be controversial and say one thing will have to change with Ben or all the coaching changes in the world will not matter.

He needs to stop being passive aggressive.

If there's something that he thinks could be effective that's not being done, saying "the coaches won't let me" is NOT an acceptable answer.

That's throwing coaches under the bus as opposed to working to solve the problem.

He's not paid $100 M just to be an "I was only following orders" robot on the field.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16881
Jeemie wrote:
I'm going to be controversial and say one thing will have to change with Ben or all the coaching changes in the world will not matter.

He needs to stop being passive aggressive.

If there's something that he thinks could be effective that's not being done, saying "the coaches won't let me" is NOT an acceptable answer.

That's throwing coaches under the bus as opposed to working to solve the problem.

He's not paid $100 M just to be an "I was only following orders" robot on the field.

Have you met the Steelers organization?

They are all serfs in the Rooney kingdom. Ben is ESPECIALLY after 2010.

They have final say on coaching hires, even assistants. They input and approve draft picks. They give edicts and more regarding what style of play is acceptable, run game improvement, etc. They installed their made man at OC. They cuckholded Ben to the detriment of the team's success. It's up to the Rooneys to make changes or let the right people do their jobs and change results.

To me, the hierarchy of trust is:

Ben
Munchak
Colbert
Mann
Tomlin
Fitchner
AR2

I train my ear towards those near the top and do whatever they tell me needs to be done.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23719
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
I'm going to be controversial and say one thing will have to change with Ben or all the coaching changes in the world will not matter.

He needs to stop being passive aggressive.

If there's something that he thinks could be effective that's not being done, saying "the coaches won't let me" is NOT an acceptable answer.

That's throwing coaches under the bus as opposed to working to solve the problem.

He's not paid $100 M just to be an "I was only following orders" robot on the field.

Have you met the Steelers organization?

They are all serfs in the Rooney kingdom. Ben is ESPECIALLY after 2010.

They have final say on coaching hires, even assistants. They input and approve draft picks. They give edicts and more regarding what style of play is acceptable, run game improvement, etc. They installed their made man at OC. They cuckholded Ben to the detriment of the team's success. It's up to the Rooneys to make changes or let the right people do their jobs and change results.

To me, the hierarchy of trust is:

Ben
Munchak
Colbert
Mann
Tomlin
Fitchner
AR2

I train my ear towards those near the top and do whatever they tell me needs to be done.


So then Ben either a) needs to be a better advocate for change behind closed doors or b) he needs to take matters into his own hands.

Suppose they don’t want him running QB sneaks but it’s the AFCCG and they need a conversion on 4th and inches and a sneak is absolutely the right way to get it. Ben says fuck it and runs it...succeeds. Or even fails.

What are they going to do? Bench him?

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4506
You cant Really MAKE THIS SHIT UP


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryFoster, Havoc, Ice, Laying the Wood, PittWest, Steel Drummer, SteelPro, VASteelerGuy and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group