It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11317
GreekSteel wrote:
How many times has a QB been concussed during a QB sneak?? Going out on a limb here in saying i'll bet thats extremely rare.


Doesn't matter how many times a QB has been concussed on a sneak, it's a fact Ben has had several and has openly talked about concussion concerns several times. Perhaps he's even had one of those "extremely rare" concussions on a QB sneak.

I get it. It's just easier and more palatable to think the HC suddenly developed some irrational idiocy about his QB getting injured on the sneak....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1451
GreekSteel wrote:
DP39"]
GreekSteel[quote="GreekSteel wrote:
I get it now, Ben is concerned about injury with respect to QB sneaks, but hes all good with standing in the pocket 50 times again, or scambling for 1st downs in games and throwing backward laterals like the one to Bell in games,...no risk of injury there, yup i got it, thanks for helping me see whats so plainly obvious. :roll:

Different type of injury control, if you will. In the pocket, he can almost always see what's about to hit him and where and almost always from the chest to the thighs. He can make small moves to control the blow somewhat. On a sneak/dive he has zero control or vision of what is about to hit him...and take a unseen blow where?...the head and upper chest/neck area...ding-ding-ding!





Riiiight[/quote]



Question...what do you deem as Ben's biggest/most threatening past on-field injury?[/quote]



if theres any part of Bens body that hes a little antsy about, its his knees. How many times has a QB been concussed during a QB sneak?? Going out on a limb here in saying i'll bet thats extremely rare.[/quote]
Nope, when Ben broke his first rib in 2012, it was the worst injury he's had on the field. I would bet more players have been paralyzed then have this rare and very dangerous injury. Ben can within cm's (maybe mm's) of dying that day. While the bone has healed, a blow to that exact area again could be disastrous. The best way to take a blow to that area or his head is having 6-10, 250-350 lb guys diving/slamming/jumping into your head or neck area. Sounds weird, but true.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9092
swissvale72 wrote:
Pure speculation, derived conceptually in part from Boston talk radio douchebag Michael Felger. One of the calls recently re: Brady and the swirl of stuff surrounding him suggested that Brady was taking marching orders from his wife, Giselle Buchin, to which Felger responded, "Blame the wife, tried and true method." Felger went on to blame Brady's "second wife," the guru Alex Guerrero.

Anyway, how's this sound. The only way Ben is allowed, by his wife Ashley, continue to play quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is if he promises her that he will not, under any circumstance, run a sneak. Sound right?

Further, here's the thing about these fuckers never learning. In the first Cinci game this year, I think Steelers failed....three times....to convert yard to go downs. I think we talked then about the QB sneak situation.




Even if i believed this Swiss, which i don't, QB sneak has to be the least of my worries re: serious injuries


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6318
swissvale72 wrote:
Pure speculation, derived conceptually in part from Boston talk radio douchebag Michael Felger. One of the calls recently re: Brady and the swirl of stuff surrounding him suggested that Brady was taking marching orders from his wife, Giselle Buchin, to which Felger responded, "Blame the wife, tried and true method." Felger went on to blame Brady's "second wife," the guru Alex Guerrero.

Anyway, how's this sound. The only way Ben is allowed, by his wife Ashley, continue to play quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is if he promises her that he will not, under any circumstance, run a sneak. Sound right?
So. . . He's pussy whipped? Is he allowed to have a drink past 10:00 pm or caffeine after 5? Can he piss or spit in the park?

How many times has a QB got concussed on a QB sneak? Leg injuries? Aorta injuries?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9092
DP39 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
DP39"]
GreekSteel[quote="GreekSteel wrote:
I get it now, Ben is concerned about injury with respect to QB sneaks, but hes all good with standing in the pocket 50 times again, or scambling for 1st downs in games and throwing backward laterals like the one to Bell in games,...no risk of injury there, yup i got it, thanks for helping me see whats so plainly obvious. :roll:

Different type of injury control, if you will. In the pocket, he can almost always see what's about to hit him and where and almost always from the chest to the thighs. He can make small moves to control the blow somewhat. On a sneak/dive he has zero control or vision of what is about to hit him...and take a unseen blow where?...the head and upper chest/neck area...ding-ding-ding!





Riiiight




Question...what do you deem as Ben's biggest/most threatening past on-field injury?[/quote]



if theres any part of Bens body that hes a little antsy about, its his knees. How many times has a QB been concussed during a QB sneak?? Going out on a limb here in saying i'll bet thats extremely rare.[/quote]
Nope, when Ben broke his first rib in 2012, it was the worst injury he's had on the field. I would bet more players have been paralyzed then have this rare and very dangerous injury. Ben can within cm's (maybe mm's) of dying that day. While the bone has healed, a blow to that exact area again could be disastrous. The best way to take a blow to that area or his head is having 6-10, 250-350 lb guys diving/slamming/jumping into your head or neck area. Sounds weird, but true.[/quote]



That injury didnt occur during a QB sneak, if memory serves me, it was while being hit/sacked during a KC or Balt game. Even if my memory is wrong and yours is correct that it was during a QB sneak, if i accept its from this rare injury re occuring during said QB sneak, then how does that make him a pussy?? Can't have it both ways except you think you can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9092
Yup my memory was correct on both fronts...KC game, dislocated rib during a sack. Missed the following Balt game.


Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger's sprained right shoulder is just the start of his problems.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback said Wednesday he also dislocated a rib while getting sacked in the third quarter of Monday night's win against the Kansas City Chiefs. Roethlisberger sprained the sternoclavicular joint in his right shoulder on the play, but says the rib issue is a bigger concern.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Pure speculation, derived conceptually in part from Boston talk radio douchebag Michael Felger. One of the calls recently re: Brady and the swirl of stuff surrounding him suggested that Brady was taking marching orders from his wife, Giselle Buchin, to which Felger responded, "Blame the wife, tried and true method." Felger went on to blame Brady's "second wife," the guru Alex Guerrero.

Anyway, how's this sound. The only way Ben is allowed, by his wife Ashley, continue to play quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is if he promises her that he will not, under any circumstance, run a sneak. Sound right?
So. . . He's pussy whipped? Is he allowed to have a drink past 10:00 pm or caffeine after 5? Can he piss or spit in the park?

How many times has a QB got concussed on a QB sneak? Leg injuries? Aorta injuries?


Hahaha...just asking!!

And I'll say it again...he WAS injured on a sneak v. Washington in '08....think he missed the next game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9092
swissvale72 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Pure speculation, derived conceptually in part from Boston talk radio douchebag Michael Felger. One of the calls recently re: Brady and the swirl of stuff surrounding him suggested that Brady was taking marching orders from his wife, Giselle Buchin, to which Felger responded, "Blame the wife, tried and true method." Felger went on to blame Brady's "second wife," the guru Alex Guerrero.

Anyway, how's this sound. The only way Ben is allowed, by his wife Ashley, continue to play quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is if he promises her that he will not, under any circumstance, run a sneak. Sound right?
So. . . He's pussy whipped? Is he allowed to have a drink past 10:00 pm or caffeine after 5? Can he piss or spit in the park?

How many times has a QB got concussed on a QB sneak? Leg injuries? Aorta injuries?


Hahaha...just asking!!

And I'll say it again...he WAS injured on a sneak v. Washington in '08....think he missed the next game.





wasnt that rib/aorta injury thats being discussed though. That i was certain of and i looked it up, i was right.


Quote:
Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play


Last edited by GreekSteel on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Apparently, there's a Steelers.com article, from nov. 12, where Haley said no sneaks for ben due to injury potential and tomlin agreed.. haley called it a "general staff decision." can't find the piece right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9092
swissvale72 wrote:
Apparently, there's a Steelers.com article, from nov. 12, where Haley said no sneaks for ben due to injury potential and tomlin agreed.. haley called it a "general staff decision." can't find the piece right now.




Right and they also cite injury concern for Pouncey as well with opposing linemen diving at his knees


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11315
Yep, it's a triumvirate of imbeciles in Pittsburgh.

Cuntlin

Haley

Roethlisberger

Taking the QB sneak out of the playbook for fear of injury.

The best part is no contingency plan. They'll throw for it. They'll pitch it wide.

No wildcat or direct snaps or having a role for a running QB like Josh Dobbs.

Nothing.

Fuck all of these assholes.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Been checked to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
swissvale72 wrote:
Apparently, there's a Steelers.com article, from nov. 12, where Haley said no sneaks for ben due to injury potential and tomlin agreed.. haley called it a "general staff decision." can't find the piece right now.


I could see a “no sneaks” rule as it applies to the second quarter of a week 3 game you are trailing in.

But a playoff game you’ve been getting your ass handed to you doesn’t change their mind?

It was set in that much stone?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
955876 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Apparently, there's a Steelers.com article, from nov. 12, where Haley said no sneaks for ben due to injury potential and tomlin agreed.. haley called it a "general staff decision." can't find the piece right now.


I could see a “no sneaks” rule as it applies to the second quarter of a week 3 game you are trailing in.

But a playoff game you’ve been getting your ass handed to you doesn’t change their mind?

It was set in that much stone?


I know!! Fucked up!!

Let's spell out the scenarios again.....
*1Q, down 14-0 already....around the opponents 20.
*Late 3Q-early 4Q, down by 28-21...opponents 39.

Mother-fuckin' elimination game!!

Can't be any such thing as plays we won't run. :evil: :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11317
So Tomlin will send AB out there on punt returns.....but he won't call a sneak 2-3 times a year because Ben and/or Pouncey might get hurt?!?

C'mon guys, 11+ pages now. It's obvious.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5494
KC wrote:
Yep, it's a triumvirate of imbeciles in Pittsburgh.

Cuntlin

Haley

Roethlisberger

Taking the QB sneak out of the playbook for fear of injury.

The best part is no contingency plan. They'll throw for it. They'll pitch it wide.

No wildcat or direct snaps or having a role for a running QB like Josh Dobbs.

Nothing.

Fuck all of these assholes.


This is it. the Triumvirate of idiots making a staff decision. I've been starting threads bitching about not running the QB sneak for 4 years. It's finally come to a head.

My guess is they will either double down on dumb and continue to not run it next year, out of spite for the backlash and stubbornness, or they will blast a QB sneak on 3rd and 1 on the first series of the opener.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryFoster, Google [Bot], Ice and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group