It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Per Ben. He is not allowed to check to QB sneak. WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:32 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
How many times has a QB been concussed during a QB sneak?? Going out on a limb here in saying i'll bet thats extremely rare.

Doesn't matter how many times a QB has been concussed on a sneak, it's a fact Ben has had several and has openly talked about concussion concerns several times. Perhaps he's even had one of those "extremely rare" concussions on a QB sneak.

I get it. It's just easier and more palatable to think the HC suddenly developed some irrational idiocy about his QB getting injured on the sneak....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:33 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
DP39"]
GreekSteel[quote="GreekSteel wrote:
I get it now, Ben is concerned about injury with respect to QB sneaks, but hes all good with standing in the pocket 50 times again, or scambling for 1st downs in games and throwing backward laterals like the one to Bell in games,...no risk of injury there, yup i got it, thanks for helping me see whats so plainly obvious. :roll:

Different type of injury control, if you will. In the pocket, he can almost always see what's about to hit him and where and almost always from the chest to the thighs. He can make small moves to control the blow somewhat. On a sneak/dive he has zero control or vision of what is about to hit him...and take a unseen blow where?...the head and upper chest/neck area...ding-ding-ding!

Riiiight[/quote]

Question...what do you deem as Ben's biggest/most threatening past on-field injury?[/quote]

if theres any part of Bens body that hes a little antsy about, its his knees. How many times has a QB been concussed during a QB sneak?? Going out on a limb here in saying i'll bet thats extremely rare.[/quote]
Nope, when Ben broke his first rib in 2012, it was the worst injury he's had on the field. I would bet more players have been paralyzed then have this rare and very dangerous injury. Ben can within cm's (maybe mm's) of dying that day. While the bone has healed, a blow to that exact area again could be disastrous. The best way to take a blow to that area or his head is having 6-10, 250-350 lb guys diving/slamming/jumping into your head or neck area. Sounds weird, but true.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:33 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Pure speculation, derived conceptually in part from Boston talk radio douchebag Michael Felger. One of the calls recently re: Brady and the swirl of stuff surrounding him suggested that Brady was taking marching orders from his wife, Giselle Buchin, to which Felger responded, "Blame the wife, tried and true method." Felger went on to blame Brady's "second wife," the guru Alex Guerrero.

Anyway, how's this sound. The only way Ben is allowed, by his wife Ashley, continue to play quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is if he promises her that he will not, under any circumstance, run a sneak. Sound right?

Further, here's the thing about these fuckers never learning. In the first Cinci game this year, I think Steelers failed....three times....to convert yard to go downs. I think we talked then about the QB sneak situation.

Even if i believed this Swiss, which i don't, QB sneak has to be the least of my worries re: serious injuries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:34 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Pure speculation, derived conceptually in part from Boston talk radio douchebag Michael Felger. One of the calls recently re: Brady and the swirl of stuff surrounding him suggested that Brady was taking marching orders from his wife, Giselle Buchin, to which Felger responded, "Blame the wife, tried and true method." Felger went on to blame Brady's "second wife," the guru Alex Guerrero.

Anyway, how's this sound. The only way Ben is allowed, by his wife Ashley, continue to play quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is if he promises her that he will not, under any circumstance, run a sneak. Sound right?
So. . . He's pussy whipped? Is he allowed to have a drink past 10:00 pm or caffeine after 5? Can he piss or spit in the park?

How many times has a QB got concussed on a QB sneak? Leg injuries? Aorta injuries?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm 

DP39 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
DP39"]
GreekSteel[quote="GreekSteel wrote:
I get it now, Ben is concerned about injury with respect to QB sneaks, but hes all good with standing in the pocket 50 times again, or scambling for 1st downs in games and throwing backward laterals like the one to Bell in games,...no risk of injury there, yup i got it, thanks for helping me see whats so plainly obvious. :roll:

Different type of injury control, if you will. In the pocket, he can almost always see what's about to hit him and where and almost always from the chest to the thighs. He can make small moves to control the blow somewhat. On a sneak/dive he has zero control or vision of what is about to hit him...and take a unseen blow where?...the head and upper chest/neck area...ding-ding-ding!

Riiiight

Question...what do you deem as Ben's biggest/most threatening past on-field injury?[/quote]

if theres any part of Bens body that hes a little antsy about, its his knees. How many times has a QB been concussed during a QB sneak?? Going out on a limb here in saying i'll bet thats extremely rare.[/quote]
Nope, when Ben broke his first rib in 2012, it was the worst injury he's had on the field. I would bet more players have been paralyzed then have this rare and very dangerous injury. Ben can within cm's (maybe mm's) of dying that day. While the bone has healed, a blow to that exact area again could be disastrous. The best way to take a blow to that area or his head is having 6-10, 250-350 lb guys diving/slamming/jumping into your head or neck area. Sounds weird, but true.[/quote]

That injury didnt occur during a QB sneak, if memory serves me, it was while being hit/sacked during a KC or Balt game. Even if my memory is wrong and yours is correct that it was during a QB sneak, if i accept its from this rare injury re occuring during said QB sneak, then how does that make him a pussy?? Can't have it both ways except you think you can.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:41 pm 

Yup my memory was correct on both fronts...KC game, dislocated rib during a sack. Missed the following Balt game.

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger's sprained right shoulder is just the start of his problems.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback said Wednesday he also dislocated a rib while getting sacked in the third quarter of Monday night's win against the Kansas City Chiefs. Roethlisberger sprained the sternoclavicular joint in his right shoulder on the play, but says the rib issue is a bigger concern.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:49 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

So. . . He's pussy whipped? Is he allowed to have a drink past 10:00 pm or caffeine after 5? Can he piss or spit in the park?

How many times has a QB got concussed on a QB sneak? Leg injuries? Aorta injuries?

Hahaha...just asking!!

And I'll say it again...he WAS injured on a sneak v. Washington in '08....think he missed the next game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Hahaha...just asking!!

And I'll say it again...he WAS injured on a sneak v. Washington in '08....think he missed the next game.

wasnt that rib/aorta injury thats being discussed though. That i was certain of and i looked it up, i was right.

Quote:
Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play

Last edited by GreekSteel on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm 

Apparently, there's a Steelers.com article, from nov. 12, where Haley said no sneaks for ben due to injury potential and tomlin agreed.. haley called it a "general staff decision." can't find the piece right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Apparently, there's a Steelers.com article, from nov. 12, where Haley said no sneaks for ben due to injury potential and tomlin agreed.. haley called it a "general staff decision." can't find the piece right now.

Right and they also cite injury concern for Pouncey as well with opposing linemen diving at his knees

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next