It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of Tequila Cowboy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 pm 

R S wrote:
fortythree wrote:
It's right across the parking lot from Heinz Field.

There s also like 4 different bars there with different music including country and 80s music.

Probably the best reason of all he shouldn't be there after a game.

I agree. I just wanted to give reasons why some numbnuts would make that decision.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:46 pm 

R S wrote:
what kind of 50 year old guy takes his wife there on New Years Eve? I walked into that place Sunday morning to meet a friend. It was loud and playing some techno type of music with a huge amount of base that made it hard to think. I turned around and walked the fuck out. That place sucks.

Kind of funny that this gets presented like 50 is ancient.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 pm 

steel wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I'd love to see how all of you would react if your employer started telling you where you could go, or what you did with your free time.

it's not the same thing, at all

Not even remotely close.

No one is saying the Steelers should dictate where their employees go. We're saying the employees should use some damn common sense.

Big difference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:39 pm 

steel wrote:
and game planning

They just had a game that day, it was New Year's at midnight, and you're pissed he wasn't working??? Glad I don't work for you, Scrooge.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:42 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
what kind of 50 year old guy takes his wife there on New Years Eve? I walked into that place Sunday morning to meet a friend. It was loud and playing some techno type of music with a huge amount of base that made it hard to think. I turned around and walked the fuck out. That place sucks.

Kind of funny that this gets presented like 50 is ancient.

Seriously. Let me just turn up my hearing aid, put on my bifocals, get to my walker and shuffle to the door to tell these whippersnappers to get off my lawn!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 pm 

86n96 wrote:
R S wrote:

There kind that's looking for a young buck to smash his wife?

THats what I said

Hook up meet gone bad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:56 pm 

I'm 36. I walked into Tequila Cowboy and felt old and annoyed with the clientele. Made me wonder why a wealthy, married man in his 50's would want to hang out there. I also make it a point to not go drinking in the same town as my work so i'm not constantly running into people at bars that I interact with on a professional level.

just an observation of my first time being in the place. Haley is kinda like a much less cool Wooderson, so it probably makes sense he hangs out in places full of 20 year olds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:03 pm 

R S wrote:
I'm 36. I walked into Tequila Cowboy and felt old and annoyed with the clientele. Made me wonder why a wealthy, married man in his 50's would want to hang out there. I also make it a point to not go drinking in the same town as my work so i'm not constantly running into people at bars that I interact with on a professional level.

just an observation of my first time being in the place. Haley is kinda like a much less cool Wooderson, so it probably makes sense he hangs out in places full of 20 year olds.

Yeah, Haley's version of alright...is probably something like...yippee, yippee, yippee!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
steel wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I'd love to see how all of you would react if your employer started telling you where you could go, or what you did with your free time.

it's not the same thing, at all

Not even remotely close.

No one is saying the Steelers should dictate where their employees go. We're saying the employees should use some damn common sense.

Big difference.
If there weren't a confrontation, would you give a fuck? And none of us have a goddamn clue as to what caused the altercation.

They can go wherever the fuck they want on New Years Eve. YOU might not care for it, but to expect someone else, who you really know nothing about, to use your sense is pretty arrogant and misplaced. He did nothing out of the ordinary. Unless of course you want to be judgmental "holier than thou" on the internet.

if you like punk music as a 50 year old, and your employer told you it doesn't reflect nicely on the company that you go to a punk bar on your own time, I'm sure you'd be outraged.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:13 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
If there weren't a confrontation, would you give a fuck? And none of us have a goddamn clue as to what caused the altercation.

They can go wherever the fuck they want on New Years Eve. YOU might not care for it, but to expect someone else, who you really know nothing about, to use your sense is pretty arrogant and misplaced. He did nothing out of the ordinary. Unless of course you want to be judgmental "holier than thou" on the internet.

if you like punk music as a 50 year old, and your employer told you it doesn't reflect nicely on the company that you go to a punk bar on your own time, I'm sure you'd be outraged.

No, I would not care if nothing happened.

But it did. And that's a place and a time where an incident like that is somewhat predictable.

I don't give a shit what people do as long as it only affects themselves.

As the coach of a football team where 100+ players/coaches/staff and the hopes of a fanbase are relying on him, it's a dumbass move for which he is more than due some criticism.

It shows very poor leadership in a position where leadership is everything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next