It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of Tequila Cowboy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:24 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
As the coach of a football team where 100+ players/coaches/staff and the hopes of a fanbase are relying on him, it's a dumbass move for which he is more than due some criticism.

It shows very poor leadership in a position where leadership is everything.
First of all, you don't know if it affected his job or not. You're assuming it did. Everything seemed to move as normal (even though we hated it). He performed his duties as OC with no change.

And as far as leadership, you don't really know what caused the altercation. Maybe he was the victim. I'm just playing devils advocate. He may be a fucked up dude, but in this instance, there is nothing to criticize him about. He'd already lost respect in the locker room based on his shitty play calling, not his evening, personal time adventures.

You may as well go ahead and tell Bell he can't hang out with Snoop dog and record his rap. Or a train conductor can't listen to house music because it will affect his reflexes.

C'mon man!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:32 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
As the coach of a football team where 100+ players/coaches/staff and the hopes of a fanbase are relying on him, it's a dumbass move for which he is more than due some criticism.

It shows very poor leadership in a position where leadership is everything.
First of all, you don't know if it affected his job or not. You're assuming it did. Everything seemed to move as normal (even though we hated it). He performed his duties as OC with no change.

And as far as leadership, you don't really know what caused the altercation. Maybe he was the victim. I'm just playing devils advocate. He may be a fucked up dude, but in this instance, there is nothing to criticize him about. He'd already lost respect in the locker room based on his shitty play calling, not his evening, personal time adventures.

You may as well go ahead and tell Bell he can't hang out with Snoop dog and record his rap. Or a train conductor can't listen to house music because it will affect his reflexes.

C'mon man!!!

It doesn't matter what caused the altercation. He was there. Like I said, there's a hundred other places in Pittsburgh that are less volatile he could have gone to. Instead, he went to one of the biggest Bro bars in the city, knowing he's one of the most hated public figures in the entire city. Does that sound like the recipe for a peaceful evening to you?

No, it's inviting an incident to happen. In a perfect world, yes, he should be able to go where he wants, when he wants without incident. But this is reality, where that's not the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:34 pm 

You're just imposing your morality/ philosophy on others. The same as victim shaming/ blaming.

Last edited by COR-TEN on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Your just imposing your morality/ philosophy on others. The same as victim shaming/ blaming.

that's bullshit

coach in the playoffs - he should be at home in bed or at work -- i don't care if its NYE -- go to fucking work - god knows, he needed the extra time to get a plan put together

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm 

steel wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
You're just imposing your morality/ philosophy on others. The same as victim shaming/ blaming.

that's bullshit

coach in the playoffs - he should be at home in bed or at work -- i don't care if its NYE -- go to fucking work - god knows, he needed the extra time to get a plan put together
Sorry. He could have had an additional 6 weeks and it wouldn't have mattered.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:40 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
steel wrote:
and game planning

They just had a game that day, it was New Year's at midnight, and you're pissed he wasn't working??? Glad I don't work for you, Scrooge.

well, his ass just got fired -- maybe he should've been working or sleeping

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:56 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Putting yourself in a dumb situation is victim shaming?

Then we've ALL been guilty of it towards Tomlin and these coaches

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Putting yourself in a dumb situation is victim shaming?

Then we've ALL been guilty of it towards Tomlin and these coaches
Dumb situation is up for debate. Maybe he could have gone the the Fox Chapel Golf Club and had an altercation as well. In which case nobody would have made a big deal of it?

People here are basically making moral judgements on where he spends his off time. Tell me you wouldn't be pissed if people judged you where you went. Within reason. A bar is a bar is a bar. It wasn't a whore house, a meth bar, or under surveillance by the police. It was across the fucking street from where he works, ffs. BR went to a bar as a 20 something year old, and was told he shouldn't have been there either. Because you know, you need to castrate yourself if you're a QB for the steelers and act like a fucking altar boy and be celibate until you're 35.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

I knew you'd be dumb enough to play the victim shaming card.

I wish I could have bet on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:00 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

I knew you'd be dumb enough to play the victim shaming card.

I wish I could have bet on it.
And you're dumb, stupid, and naive enough to think you have the moral authority.

Cheers. Have a nice day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next