It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Speaking of Tequila Cowboy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

I challenge you to apply that same metric to everybody else. Famous and/ or not.

And can you please stop with the ad hominem? It's like you can't have a normal conversation or debate with someone without insulting them to make a point.

We simply disagree, but I'm not calling you dumb, or am alarmed at your stupid, illogical, sanctimonious position.

COR-TEN wrote:
And you're dumb, stupid, and naive enough to think you have the moral authority.

Try again.

And apply what metric to everyone else? I agree famous people should be allowed to go where they want, but I also think it's terribly bad judgement for them to assume they can go to certain and not expect to be treated differently. That's not how the world works. And when you're in a position where so many others rely on you, then it is your responsibility to use good judgement.
Unfortunately, I responded to you insulting me first. Mea Culpa. But it's telling that you are more interested in proving me wrong than winning the argument.

But the rest? You have failed to prove that anything he did adversely affected anything. So you're still on the losing end.

Considering I've been repeating the same things over and over, I'm not sure how you could interpret that as only wanting to "prove you wrong". If that were the case, I'd be changing my arguments, but I haven't.

You can't prove it didn't affect anything. Even if you could, I don't have to prove anything. It's more about potential. That's what creating unnecessary risk is about. Potential. Nothing else. Arguing only on the basis of results ignores the possibility of something worse happening, which undoubtedly exists, here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:49 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
I’ve been to this bar...and um, well, it sucked.

Can we just all agree there seems to be something very OFF with Toddrick Haley? Wiretapping, dead rats in salads, swinging ALLEGATIONS, that gif of him burping on the sidelines while that chick deep throats a polish...and breaking his pelvis on NYE after a “situation” at the Tequila Cowboy?

Perch has been saying it for a long time and I’ve agreed. The dude is just plain odd.
No doubt. But going to a bar across the street from where you work on NYE after a week of work is not odd and no where near irresponsible when it doesn't affect your job. According so some people, he should lock himself up in his house and never go out. Or at least clear it with the self imposed morality police if you decide to engage in normal life activities.

My office building literally shares a wall with the most college-y of college bars in town. They have $1 Coors Light bottles on Friday nights and I can guarantee you will see every letter of the Greek alphabet if you go there on a weekend night. If you're over the age of 25 and step foot in there, anyone in town will assume you are either a creeper going after college girls, or a sad man trying to relive your college days.

We judge people based on their actions all the time, and we should. It's not the fact that he went to a bar near his job; it's that he's a 50 year old man who's going to a bar clearly targeting people half his age when there are plenty of other options in the vicinity (Bar Louie, Southern Tier, Rivertowne, Bettis', etc.). That's odd, no matter how you want to slice it. Now, mix that with his past behavior, follow it up with his known issues with Ben, and it really looks like Todd is an immature douche who has no business coaching in the NFL.
I would venture to say there are a lot of immature douches in the nfl. And his ineptitude is based solely on his play calling and offensive performance. But his job wasn't affected as far as anybody can tell, and it can't be proven if it did. He's been the same fuck up whether he visits chief's bar on craig street or the Hotel Ritz in Paris.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:52 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I would venture to say there are a lot of immature douches in the nfl. And his ineptitude is based solely on his play calling and offensive performance. But his job wasn't affected as far as anybody can tell, and it can't be proven if it did. He's been the same fuck up whether he visits chief's bar on craig street or the Hotel Ritz in Paris.

Yes, but most of them are players in their 20s, not coaches in their 50s. There's a different standard, and I think that's what most people here are getting at. Plus, as you said, this is just the latest in a long line of douchery from Todd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Yes, but most of them are players in their 20s, not coaches in their 50s. There's a different standard, and I think that's what most people here are getting at. Plus, as you said, this is just the latest in a long line of douchery from Todd

Imo, there in lies reTodd's problem. He was never a player and is insecure about that, but is around them all day long. So, him being the immature person that he is, tries to act like them off the clock. One thing that is obvious, he has a real drinking problem.