It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Todd Haley gone
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:36 am 

I love how the blowhards on First Take this morning were screaming on how could they get rid of him. Talking about passing being in the top 5 since he's been there, Ben throwing for 4000+ yds 3x and how he helped make Brown and Bell the dynamic players that they are. They were saying he was getting a raw deal and Ben forced him out.

Apparently they missed last Sunday's game. The questionable play calls that have happened for the last 6 years in crucial situations, a dynamic O that was middle of the pack in scoring and a dynamic O that over the last 3 yrs was bottom of the league in RZ scoring.

Yeah he helped Ben not take as many sacks but he play calls has been suspect at best and borderline incompetent at worst. He should've been shown the door a minimum of 3 yrs ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm 

Stillcajun wrote:
I love how the blowhards on First Take this morning were screaming on how could they get rid of him. Talking about passing being in the top 5 since he's been there, Ben throwing for 4000+ yds 3x and how he helped make Brown and Bell the dynamic players that they are. They were saying he was getting a raw deal and Ben forced him out.

Apparently they missed last Sunday's game. The questionable play calls that have happened for the last 6 years in crucial situations, a dynamic O that was middle of the pack in scoring and a dynamic O that over the last 3 yrs was bottom of the league in RZ scoring.

Yeah he helped Ben not take as many sacks but he play calls has been suspect at best and borderline incompetent at worst. He should've been shown the door a minimum of 3 yrs ago.

Still more upset with Butler.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:48 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Stillcajun wrote:

Still more upset with Tomlin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:50 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Stillcajun wrote:

Munchak and his coaching up of the OL from a major weakness into one of the NFLs best deserves 95% of the credit for pass protection if not all of it, not Haley.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:53 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Munchak and his coaching up of the OL from a major weakness into one of the NFLs best deserves 95% of the credit for pass protection if not all of it, not Haley.

Normally I like to think I can listen to reason.

When the offense scores 42 points and you lose, I cannot help but blame defense more.

At this point I'm just repeating myself: I am ok with the Haley hate in general. But in the Jags game in particular, no one can convince me that Haley is more blameworthy than Butler. But since Wexel is tweeting that the D is as much Tomlin as Butler, I blame both Butler AND Tomlin more for this loss.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Normally I like to think I can listen to reason.

When the offense scores 42 points and you lose, I cannot help but blame defense more.

At this point I'm just repeating myself: I am ok with the Haley hate in general. But in the Jags game in particular, no one can convince me that Haley is more blameworthy than Butler. But since Wexel is tweeting that the D is as much Tomlin as Butler, I blame both Butler AND Tomlin more for this loss.

Haley apperently was rubbing not only Ben but Tomlin the wrong way so he had to go but in that game, yup i blame Tomlin and Butler more than Haley altho i doubt haleys play calls were for Ben AB Bell and Bryant to bail his ass out on 4th down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:58 pm 

So Tomlin has two years in a row now royally cocked up a defensive game plan in the post season.

I have steam coming out of my ears.

Either I'm mad or full of hot air.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:19 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
So Tomlin has two years in a row now royally cocked up a defensive game plan in the post season.

I have steam coming out of my ears.

Either I'm mad or full of hot air.
Watch some highlights and film break down. Focus on gap integrity and lack of speed on defense. Especially the inside. Namely Spence and Gay. Then watch Burns make more boneheaded mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm 

That’s the dickbags legacy for one of his dream jobs that he totally blew.

A 4th and 1 toss sweep that starts 6 yards behind the LOS, for a loss of 6. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 am 

The golfer's first 2+ years here are among the worst coaching I have ever seen in sports.

He did get a lot better and at one point it looked like he might end up being a good OC for us, but he too often reverted.

I'm glad the golfer is gone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next