It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Crapoport reporting Fichtner to replace Haley as OC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:16 pm 

Some people like to compare Tomlin and Cowher.

Cowher was 12-9 in the playoffs, and won a game in 8 of the 10 seasons he went to the playoffs. 10 playoff appearances in 15 years.

Tomlin has been to the playoffs in 8 of 11 years, but has already failed to win a game 4 times. He's got some work to do to match Cowher's playoff resume....which with Ben you whole career vs. no Ben most of your career would otherwise not be a contest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm 

Munchak turned down interview #2 with cards because Art II gave him a wink and a nod that he is the Steelers head coach in waiting. Tomlin gets one last shot to circle the wagons. Wish I had some jacked up logic for how Keith Butler and Joey Porter still have jobs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Munchak turned down interview #2 with cards because Art II gave him a wink and a nod that he is the Steelers head coach in waiting. Tomlin gets one last shot to circle the wagons. Wish I had some jacked up logic for how Keith Butler and Joey Porter still have jobs

I hope that's the case (although if it were me this season was Tomlin's last crack). I DO suspect that Munchak is happy to stay in PIT, and this all may have been little more than getting a pay raise.

The simple fact is, as this team has become more and more Tomlin's, the team has become more and more disappointing....stupid and undisciplined.

Also, history says if Tomlin is going to be replaced, it's going to be someone outside the organization and someone largely unknown to the rest of us. That's why the "WHO you going to replace Tomlin with, WHO!??!?" is the most irritatingly stupid question on here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:12 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

I hope that's the case (although if it were me this season was Tomlin's last crack). I DO suspect that Munchak is happy to stay in PIT, and this all may have been little more than getting a pay raise.

The simple fact is, as this team has become more and more Tomlin's, the team has become more and more disappointing....stupid and undisciplined.

Also, history says if Tomlin is going to be replaced, it's going to be someone outside the organization and someone largely unknown to the rest of us. That's why the "WHO you going to replace Tomlin with, WHO!??!?" is the most irritatingly stupid question on here.

I agree with the last part. I had never heard of Tomlin before he was interviewed. I'm trying to remember if I had heard of Cowher. There are reasons for retaining Tomlin, but fear that there's no one out there to replace him shouldn't be one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:14 pm 

Anyway, I'm good with the Fich promotion. This makes Ben happy, so I'm in favor of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:

I think Lake, Porter, and Olsavsky all have some major explaining to do. Maybe you can include Mitchell in there, too, especially if those DL aren't hurt or something.

Butler made some mysterious calls but the lack of position development to me is more glaring.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 pm 

The whole defensive staff should not be returning as a whole