It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 45/29
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 pm 

45 divided by 29 equals 1.55 points per minute. That is what happened every time Jax touched the ball. Jax had a time of possession of 28:50.

Had we converted one 4th and one; said another way, had had we done one QB sneak we would have eaten up another 140 seconds or 2 minutes and 20 seconds.

2:20 seconds times 1.55 equals 3.62 points taken off the board!

Steelers victory!!!!!

Unbelievable!

Post subject: Re: 45/29
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:11 am 

I really don't think enough credit is being given to Jacksonville and Blake Bortles. Our offense did everything it could to seize momentum and the Jaguars answered every single time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
45 divided by 29 equals 1.55 points per minute. That is what happened every time Jax touched the ball. Jax had a time of possession of 28:50.

Had we converted one 4th and one; said another way, had had we done one QB sneak we would have eaten up another 140 seconds or 2 minutes and 20 seconds.

2:20 seconds times 1.55 equals 3.62 points taken off the board!

Steelers victory!!!!!

Unbelievable!

The 2nd 4th and 1 lead to a 14 point swing, had we been able to pick up the yard, drive and score, it would have been tied, instead a couple minutes later we're down 14 again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:04 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
I really don't think enough credit is being given to Jacksonville and Blake Bortles. Our offense did everything it could to seize momentum and the Jaguars answered every single time.

The Jags didn't make any spectacular plays, really. They just took advantage of the defensive meltdown. The backbreaker play, for example, was a 5 yard pass to Yeldon that he then ran for 35 more yards because the Defense let him run free. In contrast, Ben, Brown, Bell, and Bryant kept the Steelers in the game with a series of miracle plays. If anything, this game highlighted that the Steelers' D was a much bigger liability than anyone really thought going into the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am 

StillerInCT wrote:

Agree but I also don't think the Steelers D is getting criticized the way it should be - I am still in a bit of shock that Butler will be back.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see many changes at all on that defense accept replacing Shazier and it will probably be somebody like Timmons. I doubt we see a new starting FS - that will be Mike Mitchell's job to finish out his contract. They will draft depth at DL, LB, S, maybe another CB but what you see today is what you are going to get.

Hope I am wrong but doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:19 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

Agree but I also don't think the Steelers D is getting criticized the way it should be - I am still in a bit of shock that Butler will be back.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see many changes at all on that defense accept replacing Shazier and it will probably be somebody like Timmons. I doubt we see a new starting FS - that will be Mike Mitchell's job to finish out his contract. They will draft depth at DL, LB, S, maybe another CB but what you see today is what you are going to get.

I'm not sure its possible to do a worse job than Butler did in our last two playoff games. They could have put the offense out there to play D, and the result may have been the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

You’re not...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:29 pm 

Butler sucks.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:46 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

The Jags didn't make any spectacular plays, really. They just took advantage of the defensive meltdown. The backbreaker play, for example, was a 5 yard pass to Yeldon that he then ran for 35 more yards because the Defense let him run free. In contrast, Ben, Brown, Bell, and Bryant kept the Steelers in the game with a series of miracle plays. If anything, this game highlighted that the Steelers' D was a much bigger liability than anyone really thought going into the game.

I blame coaching all the way around. I know the team practiced hard both weeks leading up to the game. They just appeared to have practiced for the Buffalo Bills. I don't give either coach a pass in this - Tomlin is absolutely where the buck stops. Preparation, decisions in crucial moments.... Haley, yes, they put up 45 points, but situational football is his kryptonite. Butler - yes, the MLB's were glaring weaknesses. Was it possible to disguise the weakness?

The Jaguars are the bigger, faster more talented team. Steelers offensive skill positions are definitely greater, but beyond that, Jax has a roster of studs. This is one of a few teams that the Steelers cannot line up against and push around. In spite of all that, the steelers had enough talent, skill, and home field advantage to secure a victory, and they failed. Despite news from yesterday, I think either Porter or Lake may not return for 2018.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:17 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:

I don't think enough discredit is being given to our defense. ;)