It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: With the 28th Pick in the NFL Draft...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 am 

..the Steelers pick (According to Mel Kiper)

Quote:
28. Pittsburgh Steelers
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama

The big looming question for the Steelers is Ryan Shazier's future, and no one knows if he'll play again. Even if he returns, though, the Steelers need depth at linebacker. Evans is versatile enough to play inside or outside, and he had 15 career sacks at Alabama, where he often played on the edge and blitzed. He is a perfect fit in the middle of a modern-day defense -- he can play every down.

Post subject: Re: With the 28th Pick in the NFL Draft...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 am 

I'll take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 am 

I want Mike Mitchell gone and we have just as big of a need at safety.

I don't want us to just force the issue at ILB and go blindly into the draft and just be hellbent on selecting the best remaining ILB in a hurry to replace Shazier. Last draft you had Hassan Reddick, Jarrad Davis and Reuben Foster all go off the board by pick 31. Who is to say that there is not a similar run on ILB types and that by the time our 28th pick comes up we are looking at taking maybe the 4th or 5th best prospect. The difference between William Jackson the 3rd and Artie Burns is turning out to be huge. Jackson looks to have a really bright future and Burns is already facing a crossroads in his career, is he a bust in the making, or another disappointment like a Ziggy Hood or Jarvis Jones? Burns was the 5th CB taken that draft.

If there is a run on players at other positions, maybe we can get the 2nd or 3rd rated safety, that to me would be a safer bet. Go with a safety in round 1 and then in round 2 go for an ILB.

My wish list?

1st round, S, Justin Reid, Stanford, an all around safety who can do well against the run and in coverage. Has hands for INTs, had 5 INTs in 2017, his older brother is Eric Reid of the 49ers. I love the fact that it seems like he has the same thing going for him that TJ Watt enjoyed, being that he had an older brother in the NFL who has helped him polish his game. I feel like he (Justin) could come in and start as a rookie and give us a tremendous improvement over Mitchell.

2nd round ILB/OLB Darius Leonard, South Carolina State. Javon Hargrave was the MEAC defensive player of the year for two straight years, and then we drafted him. Leonard took up Hargrave's mantle and won the MEAC defensive player of the year award the past two years. Yeah, the level of competition might scare some people but not me, I feel like he will be there at the end of round 2, maybe they look to trade up some to insure that they get him, ala, Chad Brown, Kendrell Bell. He has enough size and speed and athleticism to do well inside, I feel like he too could be a rookie starter and do really well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:19 am 

I don't know who the Steelers will take, but they need to strike gold with this draft.

The 2015 draft is already looking like a disaster, with Dupree having one foot out the door and no one else from the first four rounds still on the time. 2016 pick Burns is looking iffy. Watt showed promise- let's hope he can keep it up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:43 am 

Scunge wrote:

I don't want us to just force the issue at ILB and go blindly into the draft and just be hellbent on selecting the best remaining ILB in a hurry to replace Shazier. Last draft you had Hassan Reddick, Jarrad Davis and Reuben Foster all go off the board by pick 31. Who is to say that there is not a similar run on ILB types and that by the time our 28th pick comes up we are looking at taking maybe the 4th or 5th best prospect. The difference between William Jackson the 3rd and Artie Burns is turning out to be huge. Jackson looks to have a really bright future and Burns is already facing a crossroads in his career, is he a bust in the making, or another disappointment like a Ziggy Hood or Jarvis Jones? Burns was the 5th CB taken that draft.

If there is a run on players at other positions, maybe we can get the 2nd or 3rd rated safety, that to me would be a safer bet. Go with a safety in round 1 and then in round 2 go for an ILB.

My wish list?

1st round, S, Justin Reid, Stanford, an all around safety who can do well against the run and in coverage. Has hands for INTs, had 5 INTs in 2017, his older brother is Eric Reid of the 49ers. I love the fact that it seems like he has the same thing going for him that TJ Watt enjoyed, being that he had an older brother in the NFL who has helped him polish his game. I feel like he (Justin) could come in and start as a rookie and give us a tremendous improvement over Mitchell.

2nd round ILB/OLB Darius Leonard, South Carolina State. Javon Hargrave was the MEAC defensive player of the year for two straight years, and then we drafted him. Leonard took up Hargrave's mantle and won the MEAC defensive player of the year award the past two years. Yeah, the level of competition might scare some people but not me, I feel like he will be there at the end of round 2, maybe they look to trade up some to insure that they get him, ala, Chad Brown, Kendrell Bell. He has enough size and speed and athleticism to do well inside, I feel like he too could be a rookie starter and do really well.

Reid looks like a good safety but i doubt the Steelers will be interested given his brother is a social injustice kneeler. Anyway I like the idea of a 1sr round safety or pass rusher if a good one falls and then perhaps in round maybe someone like ILB Leighton Vander Esche. Realistically though,I suspect Vander Esche will go in the 1st rnd tho and id be more than ok going with him, by all accounts and by looking at some film of him, the kid has unreal instincts, is all over the ball and is a tackling machine. If by some miracle Shazier came back, you'd go from the worst ILB duo to the very best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 am 

Colbert has never drafted a player from Alabama.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 am 

Scunge wrote:

My wish list?

Hargrave sucked dick this year.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am 

KC wrote:
Scunge wrote:

My wish list?

Hargrave sucked dick this year.

Well ya it takes about a year for Coach Mitchell to work any playmaking ability OUT of his DLmen, only titty fighting allowed here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
..the Steelers pick (According to Mel Kiper)

Quote:
28. Pittsburgh Steelers
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama

The big looming question for the Steelers is Ryan Shazier's future, and no one knows if he'll play again. Even if he returns, though, the Steelers need depth at linebacker. Evans is versatile enough to play inside or outside, and he had 15 career sacks at Alabama, where he often played on the edge and blitzed. He is a perfect fit in the middle of a modern-day defense -- he can play every down.

Oh goody...another one of those overrated, maxed out Alabama defenders... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 pm 

Quote:
Javon Hargrave

I will be shocked if he is on the roster come Sept.

Lazy
Soft
pathetic

3 best words to describe Hargraves 2017 season

Justin Reid is blah...He can't carry his brothers shit stained jock strap. Slow, struggles to track the ball, poor tackler. I would pass as a UDFA...Not the type of player I would want on my roster

Darius Leonard will be a decent special teams player maybe...He really sucks in space. Huge Fish in a very small pond. 6-2 230 he will run around a 4.7 40. .Best fit is CFL. I think he is an inferior prospect to Tyler M...I watched him play live in person 10-12 times

Anyone who is thrilled with anything TJ Watt showed this year was watching a different player than me...Hopefully he can play inside I don't like what I saw outside