It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
I think the orders to protect Ben on QB sneaks came from above Tomlin. It's too weird not to have.

I also think MT's in-game decisions are almost always at or near according to the book. I wish he would be a lot more bold with this team but what do I know.

I think his biggest fault is that he's a company man, he swallowed that Haley hiring, tried to make it work, and gave his coordinators way too much slack.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8165
I'll be curious to see if suddenly next year we start running QB sneaks. If so, then I guess Haley was the culprit. If not, then it's Ben or Tomlin or someone higher.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am
Posts: 3048
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think the orders to protect Ben on QB sneaks came from above Tomlin. It's too weird not to have.

I also think MT's in-game decisions are almost always at or near according to the book. I wish he would be a lot more bold with this team but what do I know.

I think his biggest fault is that he's a company man, he swallowed that Haley hiring, tried to make it work, and gave his coordinators way too much slack.


This is logical.

FWIW I've been complaining about the lack of sneaks for years. I'm guessing we win 5-6 more games over the past few years, including last sunday, if we would have snuck the big fella. It's really, really f'ing bizarre - like telling LeBron not to dunk

Anyone ever remember a QB getting hurt on a sneak?

_________________
#IDrinkandIKnowThings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
Lifelongsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think the orders to protect Ben on QB sneaks came from above Tomlin. It's too weird not to have.

I also think MT's in-game decisions are almost always at or near according to the book. I wish he would be a lot more bold with this team but what do I know.

I think his biggest fault is that he's a company man, he swallowed that Haley hiring, tried to make it work, and gave his coordinators way too much slack.


This is logical.

FWIW I've been complaining about the lack of sneaks for years. I'm guessing we win 5-6 more games over the past few years, including last sunday, if we would have snuck the big fella. It's really, really f'ing bizarre - like telling LeBron not to dunk

Anyone ever remember a QB getting hurt on a sneak?

Ben, and that's the problem.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
Bingo Lifelong. Thinking that before I even read your post.

I implore someone to find me a case of a QB getting seriously injured during a QB sneak to pick up a yard.

Pretty damn silly thing for tomlin to live in fear about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
Ben got hurt scoring a TD on a QB sneak. That's where this all comes from, I think.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ben got hurt scoring a TD on a QB sneak. That's where this all comes from, I think.


You mean a “drive my head up the ass of the center” sneak, or a “3rd and fucking 6” run as Swiss describes it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
I’m not saying that’s bullshit, and it in fact may be true, but if that’s Rooney or Tomlin or anyone else’s justification as to why we don’t sneak from a yard anymore, well then fuck everything. Cause that is stupidity the likes of which I’ve never seen or heard of.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8165
bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.

Interesting.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7447
bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.


I've cited this game/circumstance....REPEATEDLY, in repeated OPs.

And there's this.....

http://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-o ... 23bc72a5b4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
swissvale72 wrote:
I've cited this game/circumstance....REPEATEDLY, in repeated OPs.

And there's this.....

http://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-o ... 23bc72a5b4



Tomlin is never going to say "Ben doesn't want to run the sneak". Whether it's Ben or EMR, Tomlin is going to give you a bullshit justification...that no other coach believes and one Tomlin himself apparently didn't believe prior to 2014.

Ben talked about this on the radio the other day. He was very convincing and went into detail - curiously great detail - about why he can't just go lone wolf and run it. Problem is, he said after BAL last year that if AB was short he was going to run up and sneak it. I also believe years ago he goosed Pouncey and decided to sneak it on one of those "draw them offsides" plays.

So Ben has made some contradictory statements on the subject, and I don't think anyone really believes he doesn't run a QB sneak if he really wants to.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9260
B2B i guess someone hijacked your computer earlier because the Tomlin apologist is back again. :D

I guess we re back to the potted plant theory. Tomlin has no control, over anything and all he does is say yes sir, right away sir. Seriously, im with Swiss now, we wont win jack shit with Tomlin unless our stars totally ball out, and they take Tomlin along for the ride, this guy is all talk and zero action, beyond a joke that he has a defensive background and his defense sucks balls, he makes changes and adjustments to his teams at a glacier like pace,..its a shame too, listening to him, im all on board, but when you see the shit he pulls on gamedays, its just beyond mind boggling and stupid.

That last interview that Swiss posted with Tomlin and about sneaks is so telling and downright stupid, it is 100% on MT that we dont run the QB sneak, what a buffoon and joke of a HC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
So there is nobody in the organization that sees the value, and very low risk, of running a sneak? I mean, shall I get back on my crazy pills?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
GreekSteel wrote:
That last interview that Swiss posted with Tomlin and about sneaks is so telling and downright stupid, it is 100% on MT that we dont run the QB sneak, what a buffoon and joke of a HC.


I suppose if my coaching success relied so heavily on #7, then I'd keep him in bubble wrap, too.

I think, at best, that was a group decision. I don't think even Tomlin is that stubborn and stupid to reach that conclusion unilaterally. And you've got Haley saying basically the same thing. TWO historically dumb coaches - on the same team - coming to a conclusion no one else in football ever has? I might buy that if they didn't start believing this only just a few years ago....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:12 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9260
Kodiak wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
That last interview that Swiss posted with Tomlin and about sneaks is so telling and downright stupid, it is 100% on MT that we dont run the QB sneak, what a buffoon and joke of a HC.


I suppose if my coaching success relied so heavily on #7, then I'd keep him in bubble wrap, too.

I think, at best, that was a group decision. I don't think even Tomlin is that stubborn and stupid to reach that conclusion unilaterally. And you've got Haley saying basically the same thing. TWO historically dumb coaches - on the same team - coming to a conclusion no one else in football ever has? I might buy that if they didn't start believing this only just a few years ago....




The Deuce Tomlin and Haley, and they probably convinced Ben its in his best interest not to run the QB sneak either, hopefully Fitchner can somehow get in the ear of Tomlin and get that stupid edict erased and changed. I doubt it tho, sounds like Tomlin is a full blown believer of that nonsense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
Let just ask: How much of what Tomlin says at a PC do you believe is 100% unfettered truth?

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
GreekSteel wrote:
The Deuce Tomlin and Haley, and they probably convinced Ben its in his best interest not to run the QB sneak either, hopefully Fitchner can somehow get in the ear of Tomlin and get that stupid edict erased and changed. I doubt it tho, sounds like Tomlin is a full blown believer of that nonsense.


I think it's the other way around. It's nearly impossible to rationalize an NFL coach reaching that conclusion, much less 2.

And like I said, there are at least two instances where Ben could have, or did, run the sneak unilaterally. Which makes his overly detailed explanation of why he can't all the more suspicious.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4697
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let just ask: How much of what Tomlin says at a PC do you believe is 100% unfettered truth?


as little as possible


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let just ask: How much of what Tomlin says at a PC do you believe is 100% unfettered truth?


Going to be hilarious when Ben runs a sneak next year and people try to explain how dumbass Haley convinced Tomlin and Ben to take it out of the playbook.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
And when I say "overly detailed", I mean Tomlin and Ben are making it sound like one of the most basic and fundamental plays in football is more complicated than a reverse option flea flicker with a triple lindsey into the endzone...

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4629
swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.


I've cited this game/circumstance....REPEATEDLY, in repeated OPs.

And there's this.....

http://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-o ... 23bc72a5b4


Old man Brady runs it all the time. Maybe it's the tofu or whatever the fuck he eats why he doesn't get hurt?

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
Obviously wrote:
Old man Brady runs it all the time. Maybe it's the tofu or whatever the fuck he eats why he doesn't get hurt?


I think that might be Giselle's sex robot-Brady that goes into run the sneak

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 1040
bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.


Living in our fears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4120
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let just ask: How much of what Tomlin says at a PC do you believe is 100% unfettered truth?


There are lies, damn lies, and then things said at a press conference.

I've never understood why so many fans hang onto his words in front of the mic. It is complete and utter filler. His only intention is to use it send subtle messages to his team, that's it. The rest is bullshit. But some folks take it as gospel just so they can later dissect it for criticism.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alancac98, Google [Bot], GreekSteel and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group