It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:16 pm 

I think the orders to protect Ben on QB sneaks came from above Tomlin. It's too weird not to have.

I also think MT's in-game decisions are almost always at or near according to the book. I wish he would be a lot more bold with this team but what do I know.

I think his biggest fault is that he's a company man, he swallowed that Haley hiring, tried to make it work, and gave his coordinators way too much slack.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm 

I'll be curious to see if suddenly next year we start running QB sneaks. If so, then I guess Haley was the culprit. If not, then it's Ben or Tomlin or someone higher.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think the orders to protect Ben on QB sneaks came from above Tomlin. It's too weird not to have.

I also think MT's in-game decisions are almost always at or near according to the book. I wish he would be a lot more bold with this team but what do I know.

I think his biggest fault is that he's a company man, he swallowed that Haley hiring, tried to make it work, and gave his coordinators way too much slack.

This is logical.

FWIW I've been complaining about the lack of sneaks for years. I'm guessing we win 5-6 more games over the past few years, including last sunday, if we would have snuck the big fella. It's really, really f'ing bizarre - like telling LeBron not to dunk

Anyone ever remember a QB getting hurt on a sneak?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

This is logical.

FWIW I've been complaining about the lack of sneaks for years. I'm guessing we win 5-6 more games over the past few years, including last sunday, if we would have snuck the big fella. It's really, really f'ing bizarre - like telling LeBron not to dunk

Anyone ever remember a QB getting hurt on a sneak?

Ben, and that's the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm 

Bingo Lifelong. Thinking that before I even read your post.

I implore someone to find me a case of a QB getting seriously injured during a QB sneak to pick up a yard.

Pretty damn silly thing for tomlin to live in fear about.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm 

Ben got hurt scoring a TD on a QB sneak. That's where this all comes from, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ben got hurt scoring a TD on a QB sneak. That's where this all comes from, I think.

You mean a “drive my head up the ass of the center” sneak, or a “3rd and fucking 6” run as Swiss describes it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm 

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:40 pm 

I’m not saying that’s bullshit, and it in fact may be true, but if that’s Rooney or Tomlin or anyone else’s justification as to why we don’t sneak from a yard anymore, well then fuck everything. Cause that is stupidity the likes of which I’ve never seen or heard of.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:41 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.

Interesting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next