It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Best Case For Heat On Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:27 pm 

And when I say "overly detailed", I mean Tomlin and Ben are making it sound like one of the most basic and fundamental plays in football is more complicated than a reverse option flea flicker with a triple lindsey into the endzone...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.

I've cited this game/circumstance....REPEATEDLY, in repeated OPs.

And there's this.....

http://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-o ... 23bc72a5b4

Old man Brady runs it all the time. Maybe it's the tofu or whatever the fuck he eats why he doesn't get hurt?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Old man Brady runs it all the time. Maybe it's the tofu or whatever the fuck he eats why he doesn't get hurt?

I think that might be Giselle's sex robot-Brady that goes into run the sneak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-went-down-Byron-stepped-up/0097621a-e507-42c2-8e08-64022c5218ff

Quote:
Just before the half Ben Roethlisbergergot the Steelers offense clicking completing a nine-yard pass to Santonio Holmes had a 14-yarder to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger punched it into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown on a one-yard quarterback sneak, but it came at a price. Roethlisberger injured his right shoulder on the play, and was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich.

Living in our fears.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let just ask: How much of what Tomlin says at a PC do you believe is 100% unfettered truth?

There are lies, damn lies, and then things said at a press conference.

I've never understood why so many fans hang onto his words in front of the mic. It is complete and utter filler. His only intention is to use it send subtle messages to his team, that's it. The rest is bullshit. But some folks take it as gospel just so they can later dissect it for criticism.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 pm 

I don’t care what tomlin says anymore. My opinion of him has been solidified.

What I’m concerend about is that in a MUST win playoff game, trailing and needing a score, that we have coaches, assistants, coordinators, and whatever the hell else roams the sidelines these days and none of them understand that a sneak on either of those plays drastically improves our chances of winning.

I’ve seen stupidity, and I’ve seen this. This is beyond stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
I don’t care what tomlin says anymore. My opinion of him has been solidified.

I thought - hoped - this was the year I'd have to eat my words and admit I was wrong. With Cowher, he kept finding different ways to lose but when he finally got Ben, I KNEW.

With Tomlin, he's always had Ben....and seems like he keeps losing the same way.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 pm 

I love his press conferences.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let just ask: How much of what Tomlin says at a PC do you believe is 100% unfettered truth?

There are lies, damn lies, and then things said at a press conference.

I've never understood why so many fans hang onto his words in front of the mic. It is complete and utter filler. His only intention is to use it send subtle messages to his team, that's it. The rest is bullshit. But some folks take it as gospel just so they can later dissect it for criticism.

Listening to Mike Tomlin speak is what initially made me a fan. He comes across as an intelligent individual with a detailed oriented plan of attack for his team.

Watching his actions over 11 seasons has changed my mind. He’s all talk. His talk doesn’t sync with his actions. He makes the same stupid mistakes over and over and shows often that he doesn’t have a very good feel for how a game unfolds.

He is all sizzle and little substance. He’s been given all he needs and more to get this team over the hump but has not done anything with it other than underperform.

Guy has been coach for 11 seasons now and just look at the defense. How many picks in those 11 seasons have become studs?

Not only can’t he target the right players in he draft but many have gotten worse under his tutelage.

Guy is without a SB ring had he inherited a shitty team he was expected to rebuild.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm 

Not buying any of it
The same issues have existed for many years and through many big games.
While the exact instances of failure vary the reason for the failures are generally the same

But we shall see what happens. If the d staff stays the same and we just get the gang back together , well ....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 pm 

And I believe hale was not renewed due to embarrassment and Ben
Not because Tomlin was displeased
And the last two playoff disasters were mostly a function of defensive collapse, hollow vanilla plans and silly mistakes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 pm 

When Tomlin first came on board, I was all in. I thought, man we really have something here. But as he progressed further into his tenure, bit by bit he exposed himself as a fraud. Tomlin is one of those guys that uses big words and fancy expressions in an attempt to fool people to thinking that he’s smarter than he actually is. Well, actions speak louder than words...
And while I’m extremely pleased that Haley is gone, I don’t expect a lot of changes with the good ole boy promotion from within of Fitchner. The play calling may improve somewhat, but the “do what we do” attrition football attitude, that comes from A2 and MT, will remain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 pm 

Gonzo wrote:
But we shall see what happens. If the d staff stays the same and we just get the gang back together , well ....

Seriously. Your defense has LITERALLY made 0 stops in two straight playoff games.....81 points - EIGHT ONE - and could have been more....and not one coaching change on defense?!?