It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: This is Tomlin's defense. What else do you need to know?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm 

This team, and defense, largely feasted on bad teams led by back-up or shit QB's. They were a paper tiger all year, carried purely by Bell, AB and Ben for the most part.

Butler said in an article back in Aug(?) that Tomlin has a lot of input on both sides of the ball and is very involved.

EMR won't fire Butler because Butler passed up jobs waiting for Lebeau to leave, and EMR won't pull the rug out after just a few years.

Looking forward to 9-10 wins next year and, if we're lucky, maybe another playoff game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
This team, and defense, largely feasted on bad teams led by back-up or shit QB's. They were a paper tiger all year, carried purely by Bell, AB and Ben for the most part.

Butler said in an article back in Aug(?) that Tomlin has a lot of input on both sides of the ball and is very involved.

EMR won't fire Butler because Butler passed up jobs waiting for Lebeau to leave, and EMR won't pull the rug out after just a few years.

Looking forward to 9-10 wins next year and, if we're lucky, maybe another playoff game.

Until Ben retires I don't think the Steelers will ever have an easier path to a SB victory. I'm not saying it was easy- but it doesn't get easier than this. It could have been even easier if they actually put the foot on the gas and seized control of the Patriots game when they had one of the best offenses in football vs a banged up and horrible defense instead of turtling. But predictably, Tomlin and Haley turtled.

I know it's impossible to know who will be good or bad next year. But I think our schedule and path is going to be a lot harder. Even with the alleged trouble in New England I think we will have our work cut out to get a bye.

And if we don't get a ring next year I expect to hear more excuses about Tomlin, how good his record is, and how we just need a tweak here or there.

THIS WAS THE YEAR and they completely fucked it up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:24 pm 

Quote:
Until Ben retires I don't think the Steelers will ever have an easier path to a SB victory. I'm not saying it was easy- but it doesn't get easier than this. It could have been even easier if they actually put the foot on the gas and seized control of the Patriots game when they had one of the best offenses in football vs a banged up and horrible defense instead of turtling. But predictably, Tomlin and Haley turtled.

Not too mention we would have played Tenn which I dont think even Tomlin could have fucked up.

Meanwhile, a physical Jax team would have went to Foxboro. Now they likely lose but it would have been a hard hitting game so maybe NE limps into Heinz somewhat.

But Tomlin doesn’t live in his fears. Nor does he ever see the big picture and do what is needed to seize the moment.

He pissed away the #1 seed with his idiocy and then got smacked in the mouth by a more physical but far less talented team he yet again wasn’t prepared for.

He’s a dunce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

Not too mention we would have played Tenn which I dont think even Tomlin could have fucked up.

Meanwhile, a physical Jax team would have went to Foxboro. Now they likely lose but it would have been a hard hitting game so maybe NE limps into Heinz somewhat.

But Tomlin doesn’t live in his fears. Nor does he ever see the big picture and do what is needed to seize the moment.

He pissed away the #1 seed with his idiocy and then got smacked in the mouth by a more physical but far less talented team he yet again wasn’t prepared for.

He’s a dunce.

He keeps the jello in the box.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

He’s a dunce.

Dead on

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 pm 

Same goes with the offense. There's been many pieces written about it, interviews done where the interviewed had insinuated it, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 pm 

955876 wrote:

He’s a dunce.

Unprepared for JAX...TWICE.....Unprepared for that "meaningless" CHI game - win that and NE doesn't matter.

NE does slip up occasionally, but it's rare. They've always understood what a 1 or 2 seed means in advancing to the SB. Belicheat and his players and staff don't "ease into" the season or take weeks off. Tomlin doesn't get that.

Tomlin is perhaps capable of better, but too fat and happy to try.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:32 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

He’s a dunce.

The amazing thing to me is how this guy is fellated by the local media on a regular basis. Tomlin has done so many stupid things over the years. Stupid as far as demonstrating an understanding of basic math or game theory. The FG kick vs Oakland in 09 that Swiss has referenced. The 2 point conversion from the 13 his first year vs Jax. The fucking onsides kick with 2 timeouts and letting the clock tick down to 1 second instead of kicking a FG where you need 2 scores.

Most of these things are not issues upon which reasonable minds will differ... oh you know such as political philosophy. It's pretty clear that he is either not very intelligent or simply reckless in his decision making. And it's fucking ridiculous that this most likely will continue for the rest of Ben's career because Ben is good enough to prop that record up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:57 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 pm 

The #1 issue with the defense in that game is that Sean Spence fucking sucks and they couldn't or wouldn't take him off the field for anybody else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next