It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben miffed at Tomlin, not just his ex-OC? Cowherd says y
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:55 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
That's really cool, what number am I thinking of now?

I'm guessing #2....because that's what most of your posts defending Tomlin smell like

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:48 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Literally nothing to this.

I have more sources in the organization than Cowherd does.

You're saying the Ben-Tomlin relationship is good?

I don't know the details of their relationship. But I know Cowherd is full of shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:08 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Because of Tomlin Ben hasn’t won shit in 10 years.
I’d say he’s miffed.

Every time that guy speaks I want to throw up.
Tomlin is like the guy in high school who everyone was afraid of because he would tell everyone how tough he is(unleash hell)then when he is approached he shits himself.

How sick of Tomlin’s cliches must Ben be?
Poor guy has heard them day in and day out for 10 years!!

Imagine Ben on Sunday.Scoring TD after TD only to see his sweet talking defensive guru head coach stare blankly as Blake Bortles raped his defense.

Tomlin is a complete fraud but he managed to sell a bridge to the Rooney’s.
So because they fell for it and since they love to boast about having 3 coaches in 100 years Steelers Nation suffers.

Oh, we have another mind reader in the group who knows just what Ben is thinking. That's really cool, what number am I thinking of now?

Yeah, I'm sure Tomlin's bullshit cliches sound just as fresh today, as when the dumb cocksucker first spewed them.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 am 

Obviously wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Wonder what Ben thinks about the King of the Yinzers?

They're pretty tight.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 pm 

SOCALSTEEL wrote:
I’d say he’s miffed.

Tomlin is like the guy in high school who everyone was afraid of because he would tell everyone how tough he is(unleash hell)then when he is approached he shits himself.

Imagine Ben on Sunday.Scoring TD after TD only to see his sweet talking defensive guru head coach stare blankly as Blake Bortles raped his defense.

So because they fell for it and since they love to boast about having 3 coaches in 100 years Steelers Nation suffers.

This...in a nutshell.

We are products of our environments. And, believe me, I have many years of daily, first hand working knowledge of Tomlin's environment. Hell, I have worked closely with some of his relatives, have been in the homes of the type of men and women that raised him. I know the culture and community about as well as someone can without living there.

I'm not here to say that Tomlin is incapable of growth; he's obviously done much better than most from his community. But, if I had to pick one player that Tomlin is more like than you'd think, I'd say Lev Bell (taking into account their age difference). Bell, while wanting to come across has somewhat intelligent and as someone that handles his business, is still very easy to see through and read what he is. Not as smart as he want's you to believe and has more hood in him that he tries to cover up; which makes him still continue to make mistakes most folks learn from already. My comments are not meant to be racist, so please don't interpret them that way. They are reality based. I've spent much of my time helping this community.

Tomlin is great at connecting with players on a personal level and even motivating them, but he's somewhat weak at directing them in an intelligent football IQ way. It's obvious from the in game decisions he makes and the mistakes his players make over and over again. Some players - most of the offense - are smart enough to overcome some of this, but for some on the defense, it's a different story.

I'm fine with Tomlin being the head coach, but only if the FO realizes he's nothing more than a showpiece/motivator (TB was kinda right in his cheerleader comments). Make him agree to them hiring someone to make (have the last word) high football IQ, in game decisions. Don't let him interfere with many of the game plans and play calls. Let Captain Cliché do what he does best and that's it. Otherwise, this team is fighting an uphill battle, imo. I do think Ben is a little fed up with it too. I know, I know...it won't happen....but it should.

I've been trying to tell people who Tomlin really is for years, but mostly stopped because it usually fell on deaf ears.

My two cents again, anyway....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:56 pm 

Even Tomlin’s strongest defenders are finding it difficult to defend him anymore.

But come next season they’ll be back on the horse.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
That's really cool, what number am I thinking of now?

I'm guessing #2....because that's what most of your posts defending Tomlin smell like

Hah!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:03 pm 

KC wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
I’d say he’s miffed.

Oh, we have another mind reader in the group who knows just what Ben is thinking. That's really cool, what number am I thinking of now?

Yeah, I'm sure Tomlin's bullshit cliches sound just as fresh today, as when the dumb cocksucker first spewed them.

What I know is that POSTERS are tired of Tomlin's cliches. We don't know that BEN is tired of Tomlin's cliches.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm 

955876 wrote:
Even Tomlin’s strongest defenders are finding it difficult to defend him anymore.

But come next season they’ll be back on the horse.

yup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:00 pm 

Ben won the Superbowl on a team with a #4 defense and a #1 defense.

Lots of guys can do this. Terry Bradshaw did. Trent Dilfer did. Brad Johnson did. Aaron Rodgers did.
Case Keenum might.

He lost a SB with a #2 defense.

I'm a Tomlin guy and if you want to get rid of him, you have no argument from me. He's run his course. He builds a team of superstars, not a superstar team.

But if you numb nuts think the answer is putting it all on Ben's shoulders...he can't do it. He isn't like Brees, he'll never sniff another SB. And that's been Tomlin's problem. He never built that killer D.

And before you whine about all this disrespecting Ben, Dan Marino is head and shoulders the best fucking QB I've ever seen. I mean seen, not read about or saw clips of from times before I was born.
Dan couldn't win shit because he never had a great defense. He barely had a fucking running game. Doesn't mean he isn't great. Most guys, no matter how talented, can't win without that defense.

Ben's one of those guys. His shoulders alone won't propel this team any farther than Tomlin.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next