It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben miffed at Tomlin, not just his ex-OC? Cowherd says y
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm 

955876 wrote:
Even Tomlin’s strongest defenders are finding it difficult to defend him anymore.

But come next season they’ll be back on the horse.

I’m not so sure this will be the case. I’ve been a staunch Tomlin guy since day one. As supportive as any. But, not oblivious to his shortcomings nor fully accepting due to the fact Ive always felt he needed to show he could replicate his early success.

What he has displayed in the last two years (playoffs) along with the fact he’s making ZERO changes on the defensive side of the ball have shown his critics to be spot on.

I have less than zero faith he and the team progresses. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if this team regresses big time next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:39 pm 

Let’s pray for the nfc to score 90 pts on asslin in the pro bowl

Steelers staff has to be there Monday

The seat should be ablaze for him to burn up into ash by time he comes back, firing him would be simple :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:47 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

The seat should be ablaze for him to burn up into ash by time he comes back, firing him would be simple :lol:

are you insinuating that how well the AFC does in the pro bowl could impact Mike Tomlins job? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:59 pm 

R S wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

are you insinuating that how well the AFC does in the pro bowl could impact Mike Tomlins job? :lol:

I don’t believe it would happen actually....would be funny

That plus NE losing might

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:47 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
But if you numb nuts think the answer is putting it all on Ben's shoulders...he can't do it. He isn't like Brees, he'll never sniff another SB.

LOL, Stormy Daniels is your ex-gf. It all makes sense.

If Brees is so great, why does he have 1 less ring and 2 less SB's than Ben?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 pm 

955876 wrote:
Even Tomlin’s strongest defenders are finding it difficult to defend him anymore.

Amazes me there are any left.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:51 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Ben won the Superbowl on a team with a #4 defense and a #1 defense.

Lots of guys can do this. Terry Bradshaw did. Trent Dilfer did. Brad Johnson did. Aaron Rodgers did.
Case Keenum might.

He lost a SB with a #2 defense.

I'm a Tomlin guy and if you want to get rid of him, you have no argument from me. He's run his course. He builds a team of superstars, not a superstar team.

But if you numb nuts think the answer is putting it all on Ben's shoulders...he can't do it. He isn't like Brees, he'll never sniff another SB.
And that's been Tomlin's problem. He never built that killer D.

And before you whine about all this disrespecting Ben, Dan Marino is head and shoulders the best fucking QB I've ever seen. I mean seen, not read about or saw clips of from times before I was born.
Dan couldn't win shit because he never had a great defense. He barely had a fucking running game. Doesn't mean he isn't great. Most guys, no matter how talented, can't win without that defense.

Ben's one of those guys. His shoulders alone won't propel this team any farther than Tomlin.

Still fucking upset about the Tahoe incident after all these years. You are one funny duck, Chicago.

Last edited by Obviously on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:52 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Ben won the Superbowl on a team with a #4 defense and a #1 defense.

Lots of guys can do this. Terry Bradshaw did. Trent Dilfer did. Brad Johnson did. Aaron Rodgers did.
Case Keenum might.

He lost a SB with a #2 defense.

I'm a Tomlin guy and if you want to get rid of him, you have no argument from me. He's run his course. He builds a team of superstars, not a superstar team.

But if you numb nuts think the answer is putting it all on Ben's shoulders...he can't do it. He isn't like Brees, he'll never sniff another SB. And that's been Tomlin's problem. He never built that killer D.

And before you whine about all this disrespecting Ben, Dan Marino is head and shoulders the best fucking QB I've ever seen. I mean seen, not read about or saw clips of from times before I was born.
Dan couldn't win shit because he never had a great defense. He barely had a fucking running game. Doesn't mean he isn't great. Most guys, no matter how talented, can't win without that defense.

Ben's one of those guys. His shoulders alone won't propel this team any farther than Tomlin.

Um...can you point out the FIRST time Drew Brees won a Super Bowl by himself?

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 am 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
955876 wrote:

I’m not so sure this will be the case. I’ve been a staunch Tomlin guy since day one. As supportive as any. But, not oblivious to his shortcomings nor fully accepting due to the fact Ive always felt he needed to show he could replicate his early success.

What he has displayed in the last two years (playoffs) along with the fact he’s making ZERO changes on the defensive side of the ball have shown his critics to be spot on.

I have less than zero faith he and the team progresses. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if this team regresses big time next year.

Why does anyone keep saying he made ZERO changes on the defensive side. They made a ton of changes from 20016 to the present. A TON. The results were mixed but can we please debate things that are actual problem with some lack of hyperbole, or is this asshattery and wronged schoolgirl panty twist going to go on and on? Please let ne know if that's the best we have here at the supposedly above average knowledge-level Steelers fan board, because it's making me sick.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:25 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:
955876 wrote:

Why does anyone keep saying he made ZERO changes on the defensive side. They made a ton of changes from 20016 to the present. A TON. The results were mixed but can we please debate things that are actual problem with some lack of hyperbole, or is this asshattery and wronged schoolgirl panty twist going to go on and on? Please let ne know if that's the best we have here at the supposedly above average knowledge-level Steelers fan board, because it's making me sick.

Pretty sure he means defensive side of the ball with respect to coaching changes, none were made following the most embarassing defensive performance i can ever remember, i mean not even a postional coaching change, just ho hum status quo like all is good, i guess it wont matter though because the man holding all the cards and controllers for the defense is Mike Tomlin himself. Its not hyperbole for me, i mean personally, it makes me sick that EMR and Tomlin have wasted away almost a decade of a HOF QBs career.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next