It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ben miffed at Tomlin, not just his ex-OC? Cowherd says yes.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:23 pm 

Didn't see this being discussed. If it has been, ignore or mods delete.

Obviously Cowherd wants to attract listeners, so who knows, but:

Quote:
I have this sourced. Big Ben is massively frustrated with Mike Tomlin. That was the seventh time he has called out the coaching staff-- that was the most direct.

Quote:
And Ben-- I've got it sourced-- isn't happy and he saw this as a rare opportunity. He's so frustrated with the lack of discipline-- to pile on.

Having this "sourced" is awfully vague.

Link to transcript:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxspo ... 3famp=true

Link to video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AaDPBeT4eQE

Post subject: Re: Ben miffed at Tomlin, not just his ex-OC? Cowherd says y
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 pm 

Tomlin's an utter DUMBFUCK.

Ben isn't winning anymore championships with this hatchet wound coaching him.

It would be hilarious if Ben retired then we'd get to see the real Mike Cuntlin, defensive guru.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:36 pm 

Watched that yesterday...but every example is public incidents...Nothing unique or behind the scenes, so who knows what he means by "sourced".

I also question his theory that Ben waited for the media storm before piling on. Ben said it on his scheduled radio show.

Suppose it's a possibility, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ben was frustrated with Tomlin....but as a story it would have more meat to it if his source gave us something new I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm 

Media loves to pile on. My guess is, if Ben is frustrated with Tomlin, that was mostly with respect to Haley....so that's over.

You don't say you're playing for 3 more years if you're looking for Tomlin to get canned. On the other hand, he DID walk that back.

Regardless of what Ben thinks of Tomlin, I can't imagine he's OK with the entire defensive staff coming back (and Danny Smith, WTF?!?).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Media loves to pile on. My guess is, if Ben is frustrated with Tomlin, that was mostly with respect to Haley....so that's over.

You don't say you're playing for 3 more years if you're looking for Tomlin to get canned. On the other hand, he DID walk that back.

Regardless of what Ben thinks of Tomlin, I can't imagine he's OK with the entire defensive staff coming back (and Danny Smith, WTF?!?).

Another part of Cowherd's theory was, whereas last year Ben said he was retiring in an attempt to get rid of the coaches, this year he is saying he is staying...thinking that if he says he'll stay long term then ownership might be more willing to make a move.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 pm 

The thing with Danny Smith and why they are bringing him back is because the special teams units did improve the second half of the season. There are a number of big splash plays that I remember this season, the blocked punt recovered for a TD, the Robert Golden fake punt/throw for a first down, the Robert Golden blocked punt in this playoff game, the JuJu kickoff return TD, Eli Rogers doing a better job of returning punts as the season came to a close. Say what you want, and I have been very critical of him and wanted him gone, but the units did improve this year, are trending upwards.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 pm 

Literally nothing to this.

I have more sources in the organization than Cowherd does.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
Watched that yesterday...but every example is public incidents...Nothing unique or behind the scenes, so who knows what he means by "sourced".

I also question his theory that Ben waited for the media storm before piling on. Ben said it on his scheduled radio show.

Suppose it's a possibility, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ben was frustrated with Tomlin....but as a story it would have more meat to it if his source gave us something new I think.

What Cowherd means by "sourced" is "I'm making this up."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 pm 

Tomlin bent Haley's offense over and gave it a horse fucking, unfortunately for Haley, he was the fall guy for the results. Ficht is in for a tough gig if Rooney can't keep Tomlin distracted with press conferences, interviews, and other steelers PR work. Ben's frustration is justified.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:48 pm 

I'm waiting for Haley to blow a gasket and start talking shit about Tomlin. Maybe he can start enough drama to get Tomlin canned. Dreaming is free.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”