It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Why do so many local reporters cover for Tomin's ass?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 pm 

redmanrumbles wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I don't just mean talent in terms of physical ability. That defense was smart, instinctual. Higher football iq if you will. I don't know if the current group as a whole could be taught like that. I may be mad as hell at Tomlin, but I sure as shit don't think he's not out there trying to coach guys up about certain things.

Thank you, sanity. I'm convinced the majority of Steelers fans think the coach just stands there, emotionless and dumbfounded on the sideline during games. You can argue it isn't working but to argue he doesn't do anything is silly. Or drunk. Or blinded by disappointment and anger.

Why does it have to be so fucking binary. I mean yeah.. if someone is arguing Tomlin LITERALLY does nothing that would be kind of silly. One can certainly posit Tomlin is doing things and in the big picture they just aren't working well... at all. But nah, that would be crazy. Who the fuck is gonna be able to stop Blake and the gang?

I read it EVERY DAY on this board for years. "Stands there like a deer in the headlights." Pictures that show him in thought or emotionless during games used to prove that he's disinterested or doesn't know what to do or does nothing. EVERY DAY. THIS BOARD.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:10 pm 

Why does it have to be so fucking binary. I mean yeah.. if someone is arguing Tomlin LITERALLY does nothing that would be kind of silly. One can certainly posit Tomlin is doing things and in the big picture they just aren't working well... at all. But nah, that would be crazy. Who the fuck is gonna be able to stop Blake and the gang?[/quote]
I read it EVERY DAY on this board for years. "Stands there like a deer in the headlights." Pictures that show him in thought or emotionless during games used to prove that he's disinterested or doesn't know what to do or does nothing. EVERY DAY. THIS BOARD.[/quote]

I haven't been around in ages. All I know is his fingerprints are all over this defense and it fucking sucks. And I forgot to respond to your claim that there aren't 32 edge players better than Bud. But ain't good and he ain't providing what they needed out of that investment in the 1st round. If you don't believe me go back and watch some tape.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:11 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I read it EVERY DAY on this board for years. "Stands there like a deer in the headlights." Pictures that show him in thought or emotionless during games used to prove that he's disinterested or doesn't know what to do or does nothing. EVERY DAY. THIS BOARD.

It's not mutually exclusive....one can work and prepare, and still routinely be a "deer in the headlights" because of things they don't prepare for or expect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:15 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I dunno, maybe they see him work every day and think he’s a pretty good football coach?

Best CEO's want results, not effort. Commission income is based on results, not effort. For this franchise with this offense, Ben at QB the results with weight are playoff wins and SB's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 pm 

redmanrumbles wrote:
Why does it have to be so fucking binary. I mean yeah.. if someone is arguing Tomlin LITERALLY does nothing that would be kind of silly. One can certainly posit Tomlin is doing things and in the big picture they just aren't working well... at all. But nah, that would be crazy. Who the fuck is gonna be able to stop Blake and the gang?

I read it EVERY DAY on this board for years. "Stands there like a deer in the headlights." Pictures that show him in thought or emotionless during games used to prove that he's disinterested or doesn't know what to do or does nothing. EVERY DAY. THIS BOARD.[/quote]

I haven't been around in ages. All I know is his fingerprints are all over this defense and it fucking sucks. And I forgot to respond to your claim that there aren't 32 edge players better than Bud. But ain't good and he ain't providing what they needed out of that investment in the 1st round. If you don't believe me go back and watch some tape.[/quote]
Bud had results. TFLs, pressures, sacks per rush-- all pretty good. We just are disinterested in using the OLBs the way we used to. In fact, we most often used Dupree in coverage or as a bird dog to get QBs to step up into Heyward and Tuitt. On Sunday, we used him in contain. I have no idea if he can get better, but it isn't out of the question.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:26 pm 

I thought this thread was about local reporters covering Tomlin's ass.

Not whether the defense worked or if Dupree can live up to expectations.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:

I haven't been around in ages. All I know is his fingerprints are all over this defense and it fucking sucks. And I forgot to respond to your claim that there aren't 32 edge players better than Bud. But ain't good and he ain't providing what they needed out of that investment in the 1st round. If you don't believe me go back and watch some tape.[/quote]
Bud had results. TFLs, pressures, sacks per rush-- all pretty good. We just are disinterested in using the OLBs the way we used to. In fact, we most often used Dupree in coverage or as a bird dog to get QBs to step up into Heyward and Tuitt. On Sunday, we used him in contain. I have no idea if he can get better, but it isn't out of the question.[/quote]

Neither Dupree nor Watt can set the edge in the fucking running game. We rank dead last in teams that go left and 18th vs teams that go to their right. The PIttsburgh Steelers... that's a fucking joke. And this wasn't simply a symptom of Sean Spence either. Watch the tape it will validate those #s. Those guys CAN NOT consistently set the edge.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:28 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I dunno, maybe they see him work every day and think he’s a pretty good football coach?

Best CEO's want results, not effort. Commission income is based on results, not effort. For this franchise with this offense, Ben at QB the results with weight are playoff wins and SB's

I'm not convinced Tomlin would win the "effort of the year" award, either