It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why do so many local reporters cover for Tomin's ass?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:41 pm 

I listen to Cook and Poni a lot on 93.7 The Fan and Ron Cook will wrestle people to the ground defending Tomlin. The only talking points he ever raises are (1) who are you going to replace him with and (2) he has the second most wins behind Belichick. He probably said the same thing when Cowher was the coach. It seems like yinzer thinking to me. I tend to focus more on the number of rings Tomlin has cost us because he is a fucking dummy. There isn’t a job, a business, anything, that can’t be improved.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 pm 

remember guys when steelers won bowl vs cards. when the Harrison run back for td was discussed the players all rallied around tomlin about how he had them blocking extra after practice picks? saying it was important and u never know! and they blocked like demons as instructed by tomlin on the amazing play..
wheres that tomlin? I thought we had a guy whos intense in detail and preparation..
don't think ive heard anything but the opposite about him since..and the teams on field hardly show discipline or attention to detail..

maybe tomlin has lost his edge and hunger and generally doesn't care as much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm 

bam morris wrote:
remember guys when steelers won bowl vs cards. when the Harrison run back for td was discussed the players all rallied around tomlin about how he had them blocking extra after practice picks? saying it was important and u never know! and they blocked like demons as instructed by tomlin on the amazing play..
wheres that tomlin? I thought we had a guy whos intense in detail and preparation..
don't think ive heard anything but the opposite about him since..and the teams on field hardly show discipline or attention to detail..

That defense was on another planet in terms of talent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:07 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
I listen to Cook and Poni a lot on 93.7 The Fan and Ron Cook will wrestle people to the ground defending Tomlin. The only talking points he ever raises are (1) who are you going to replace him with and (2) he has the second most wins behind Belichick. He probably said the same thing when Cowher was the coach. It seems like yinzer thinking to me. I tend to focus more on the number of rings Tomlin has cost us because he is a fucking dummy. There isn’t a job, a business, anything, that can’t be improved.

Fucking Ron Cook. Takes dumbfuckery and intellectual laziness to an entirely new level.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I dunno, maybe they see him work every day and think he’s a pretty good football coach?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:10 pm 

redmanrumbles wrote:
KCSteeler wrote:

Fucking Ron Cook. Takes dumbfuckery and intellectual laziness to an entirely new level.

Cook and Poni do take the anti Tomlin approach a lot.

But from the douchette article reveal.....

IF this doesn’t make every fan here and beyond angry and pissed that we have a lazy players coach who doesn’t value discipline in the ranks from all subordinates......we ain’t winning shit!!! PERIOD

A. Fire Tomlin
B. EMR makes Tomlin or decrees a series of demands if he wants a paycheck
C. Fire Tomlin
D. FIRE TOMLIN

Coughlin is the #1 reason for Jax impressive team and attention to detail. Marrone is a good match for that team and Buffalo is just stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
bam morris wrote:

I'm not talking talent and play..im talking a teaching moment tomlin got credit for..10 years ago...and none since ive heard. I'm making a point; not ranking defenses by talent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
bam morris wrote:

I'm not talking talent and play..im talking a teaching moment tomlin got credit for..10 years ago...and none since ive heard. I'm making a point; not ranking defenses by talent.

I don't just mean talent in terms of physical ability. That defense was smart, instinctual. Higher football iq if you will. I don't know if the current group as a whole could be taught like that. I may be mad as hell at Tomlin, but I sure as shit don't think he's not out there trying to coach guys up about certain things.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:00 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I don't just mean talent in terms of physical ability. That defense was smart, instinctual. Higher football iq if you will. I don't know if the current group as a whole could be taught like that. I may be mad as hell at Tomlin, but I sure as shit don't think he's not out there trying to coach guys up about certain things.

Thank you, sanity. I'm convinced the majority of Steelers fans think the coach just stands there, emotionless and dumbfounded on the sideline during games. You can argue it isn't working but to argue he doesn't do anything is silly. Or drunk. Or blinded by disappointment and anger.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Thank you, sanity. I'm convinced the majority of Steelers fans think the coach just stands there, emotionless and dumbfounded on the sideline during games. You can argue it isn't working but to argue he doesn't do anything is silly. Or drunk. Or blinded by disappointment and anger.

Why does it have to be so fucking binary. I mean yeah.. if someone is arguing Tomlin LITERALLY does nothing that would be kind of silly. One can certainly posit Tomlin is doing things and in the big picture they just aren't working well... at all. But nah, that would be crazy. Who the fuck is gonna be able to stop Blake and the gang?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next