It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What should Steelers do with Bell?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:02 pm 

Stillcajun wrote:
steelheels wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Cannot trade him unless he signs either a long-term contract or the franchise tag.

In theory, Colbert could be talking to GMs before/after Bell is FT'd in hopes of finding someone to trade him to.
Now, I get the 1st round picks would be a huge deal and I'm not saying it would happen.
However, it's obvious Bell is just looking for the most money he can get. If a team is willing to give up
the 1sts, they dang sure intend to pay him a ton. If Colbert knows this and Bell knows this, I don't see
why Bell wouldn't run to sign the FT knowing another team is going to pay him a boatload via trade.

Possible B2B?

Hershel Walker part deux. He's a 2nd rounder who has excelled for us. Trade him for good draft picks and solid players @ ILB, FS after he signs the FT. I would talk w/ the 49ers and see what we could do.

Speaking of the 49ers, I would offer Bell a fair contract, if he balks, let him walk, take your '19 3rd comp pick and sign Carlos Hyde to a much cheaper contract. Dude would look good in our offense. Don't think there would be that much drop off from Bell really.