It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Randy Fichtner Interview... Great Listen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:44 pm 

Listened to the the interview.

He said something to the effect :

"You're in a catch up mode,

We were always behind.

If we had a lead, the game would have been different.

We didn't do it."

That says a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 pm 

IDK. I listened to it. It’s a feel good story. A story of friendship between Fichtner, Butler and Tomlin. He seems like a genuine, likeable guy.

But, the interview just makes me feel worse about this team/staff. All I can think of is are these the best qualified guys? I mean, other than history, what makes them the best choices to be the coaching triumvirate braintrust?

Tomlin trusts them? Um, okay. Just wreaks of nepotism.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:20 pm 

Begs the question if even Tomlin was the best man for the job back when he was hired.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:21 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
IDK. I listened to it. It’s a feel good story. A story of friendship between Fichtner, Butler and Tomlin. He seems like a genuine, likeable guy.

But, the interview just makes me feel worse about this team/staff. All I can think of is are these the best qualified guys? I mean, other than history, what makes them the best choices to be the coaching triumvirate braintrust?

Tomlin trusts them? Um, okay. Just wreaks of nepotism.

I agree..this isn't camp kumbaya..this is big business..whats he gonna bring to upgrade? who gives a shit they love each other?im annoyed the only change is haley.. id rather have tomlin all alone since hes untouchable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:23 pm 

955876 wrote:
Begs the question if even Tomlin was the best man for the job back when he was hired.

Way too much nepotism and quid-pro-quo for me.....I'd be ok with it all if Tomlin is replaced.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:27 pm 

955876 wrote:

Meh. Russ Grimm vs Mike Tomlin. Regardless of what Tomlin has evolved into, I don’t think the Steelers fucked up that choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:27 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
And Butler doesn’t get a complete pass because every team has key injuries...the best coaches overcome them.

It's not even just that. It wasn't just bad defense, it was NO defense. Two playoff games in a row.

Imagine a sales guy - two years in a row - presenting to your biggest potential new client. And doesn't just do a bad presentation, but drops his pants and takes a giant dump on the table. That guy still has a job? !? After doing it once, much less twice?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:30 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
Meh. Russ Grimm vs Mike Tomlin. Regardless of what Tomlin has evolved into, I don’t think the Steelers fucked up that choice.

Ehhhh, you're forgetting the 3rd name that was actually in the mix - Ron Rivera.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:32 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
And Butler doesn’t get a complete pass because every team has key injuries...the best coaches overcome them.

It's not even just that. It wasn't just bad defense, it was NO defense. Two playoff games in a row.

Imagine a sales guy - two years in a row - presenting to your biggest potential new client. And doesn't just do a bad presentation, but drops his pants and takes a giant dump on the table. That guy still has a job? !? After doing it once, much less twice?!?

And for all B2Bs optimism about the offense, wtf about the defense? Really. Who cares if Fichtner is an upgrade. This defense is horrid. Jeemie’s right. Talk of injuries is masking the real problem with the D. Shitty ass coaching. That won’t improve if the staff remains intact.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:

Ehhhh, you're forgetting the 3rd name that was actually in the mix - Ron Rivera.

Forgot about Ronnie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next