It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'V Bell
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 am 

I 1000% agree --

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/st ... bdoj7jkovi

Post subject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'V B
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:05 am 

Disagree.

Some coaches can win with less talent. I don't think this coaching staff can. Retain as much talent as possible.

As bad as that D was, this team was 1-2 bad coaching decisions away from pulling that win out of their ass. Non-dumfuck playcalling at momentum killing times could have been the difference. We don't know yet if Fichtner is that difference over Haley, but he might be.

Revise the schematic on D. Change the base D if necessary. Draft D. It's said players love playing for Tomlin? Use that gift of gab to woo a solid FA on D (ILB, S). He's coaching the probowl. Get in someone's ear. Make them as excited at the prospect of playing for you as Swiss gets when he watches the morning news.

As far as O, I would like them to add some kind of scatback. Maybe someone that can return kicks as well. Quick hitter change of pace to Bell.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Disagree.

Some coaches can win with less talent. I don't think this coaching staff can. Retain as much talent as possible.

As bad as that D was, this team was 1-2 bad coaching decisions away from pulling that win out of their ass. Non-dumfuck playcalling at momentum killing times could have been the difference. We don't know yet if Fichtner is that difference over Haley, but he might be.

Revise the schematic on D. Change the base D if necessary. Draft D. It's said players love playing for Tomlin? Use that gift of gab to woo a solid FA on D (ILB, S). He's coaching the probowl. Get in someone's ear. Make them as excited at the prospect of playing for you as Swiss gets when he watches the morning news.

As far as O, I would like them to add some kind of scatback. Maybe someone that can return kicks as well. Quick hitter change of pace to Bell.

Right on, Miter. This team needs to keep ALL of the talent it can.

Mike Tomlin is the NFL's version of Tom Crean.

He claps a lot and throws out some old cliches. That's what he's bringing to the table.

Unless somehow this defense adds players the equivalent of Bell, Brown and Roethlisberger, there is NO FUCKING WAY they're in the hunt to win anything.

Without Bell, we'll probably a 9-7, 10-6 team. MAYBE.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:09 am 

I think...THINK...we could get by without Bell.

The offense doesn't run through him like it did in 2016 and earlier.

I'd be worried about what it looked like though until I could be trusting that Fichtner will use scheme to help lesser talent.

That nutso TD where Ben found Bell for a TD with a backward lateral last Sunday? I'm not sure that happens without both Ben AND Bell on either side of the play.

And until Fichtner shows me something, right now our offense thrives on spectacular individual effort as opposed to scheme.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am 

I definitely believe the offense would be fine without Bell. I think he may be turning into a bit of a cancer. Not the aggressive, kill you in a month kind, but the slow, insidious kind. He talks about his salary, A LOT. His discipline is questionable (I'm not talking about work ethic here); and if the article about him blowing off the final walk through before the Jags game is correct, he should be shown the door. That kind of attitude can quickly permeate a locker room, or any other surrounding atmosphere.

I like Bell. I just don't like the baggage that seems to keep piling on. Steelers are gonna need a butler just to carry that shit into the house.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:28 am 

Jeemie wrote:

I'd be worried about what it looked like though until I could be trusting that Fichtner will use scheme to help lesser talent.

That nutso TD where Ben found Bell for a TD with a backward lateral last Sunday? I'm not sure that happens without both Ben AND Bell on either side of the play.

And until Fichtner shows me something, right now our offense thrives on spectacular individual effort as opposed to scheme.

You don't want to see this Steelers team without Bell.

Believe me.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:42 am 

Jeemie wrote:

Heard a stat yesterday on Cowherd....1st 9 games Bell averaged 25 carries per game and PS averaged 22 pts per game....last 8 games he averaged 16 carries per game and PS averaged 31 pts per.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Heard a stat yesterday on Cowherd....1st 9 games Bell averaged 25 carries per game and PS averaged 22 pts per game....last 8 games he averaged 16 carries per game and PS averaged 31 pts per.

How many balls did Bell catch the second half of the season? I mean, he only ended up with 85 catches. Was superb picking up blitzes and carried the ball for 1,291 yards.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 am 

Okay...STFU....and keep Bell.

This is dumb. We don't want to part with a talent like that. And do what, give the ball to Steven Fuckin' Ridley???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:27 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Okay...STFU....and keep Bell.

This is dumb. We don't want to part with a talent like that. And do what, give the ball to Steven Fuckin' Ridley???

I mean...this shit is fucking INCREDIBLY MORONIC.

Best fucking back in the league...BY A LOT and an incredible, clutch receiver who puts up ridiculous numbers in catches yearly too.

Yeah sure, let's get rid of that.

:lol:

People don't like Bell's attitude. I hope he pisses in Mike Cuntlin's face IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE LOCKER ROOM.

I'll bet you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next