It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'V B
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 am 

Havoc wrote:
2005 Steelers offense...

6th in the league in pts/dr

That was a very good offense.

Willie Parker 1202 yds rushing at 4.7/A

Parker 75 yd record breaking TD run in the SB.

Super Bowl champions.

Bell is a complimentary piece in the passing game, not the center.

Bell's the second best receiver on the team behind a guy that might go down as the best ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 am 

KC wrote:
Havoc wrote:
2005 Steelers offense...

Super Bowl champions.

Bell's the second best receiver on the team behind a guy that might go down as the best ever.

That STILL doesn’t make him worth $15 M. It simply doesn’t.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 am 

Jeemie wrote:
KC wrote:
Havoc wrote:
2005 Steelers offense...

Super Bowl champions.

Oh, I don't think anybody's worth 15 million.

But where we are, with a franchise QB nearing the end, you let Bell leave and I believe your window for a Super Bowl run SLAMS THE FUCK SHUT.

Cuntlin, the "Defensive Guru" won't fix shit with any amount of money you give him. We aren't going to replace Bell's numbers easily.

These imbeciles will try to go with Conner, Fitz and Ridley or some 5th round rookie.

Come next season, if they don't bring back Bell, you'll be wishing to fuck they did. Watch and learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 am 

Jeemie wrote:
KC wrote:
Havoc wrote:
2005 Steelers offense...

Super Bowl champions.

It's worth tagging him one more time. If he'll actually show up to walk throughs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 am 

KC wrote:
Havoc wrote:
2005 Steelers offense...

Super Bowl champions.

Our offense took off when Bryant emerged pre suspension.

Our offense took of this season when JuJu emerged. We got away from small ball and attacked more vertically.

The 2nd most important piece to our vertical passing game is JuJu.

The 3rd most important piece to our vertical passing game is McDonald.

Bell is a complimentary piece in the passing game. 7.7 Y/R

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am 

If they get rid of Bell, they better address his position with someone high quality. I'm talking minimum DeAngelo Williams of 5 years ago or high draft pick. I'm sorry, but Connor was a dumb dumb pick. They passed on star quality RBs for a good story from a local kid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:34 am 

R S wrote:
If they get rid of Bell, they better address his position with someone high quality. I'm talking minimum DeAngelo Williams of 5 years ago or high draft pick. I'm sorry, but Connor was a dumb dumb pick. They passed on star quality RBs for a good story from a local kid.

What exactly is wrong with Connor other than the fact he struggled in pass pro, which can be taught?

I wouldn’t mind using the New Englnd approach of having several backs as opposed to a bell cow.

Especially if you are using a run game to complement an intermediate/vertical passing game...which is what we should be doing with this offense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am 

Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:

What exactly is wrong with Connor other than the fact he struggled in pass pro, which can be taught?

I wouldn’t mind using the New Englnd approach of having several backs as opposed to a bell cow.

Especially if you are using a run game to complement an intermediate/vertical passing game...which is what we should be doing with this offense.

Oh don't worry, that's likely going to be the plan.

Conner takes over Bell's role. Probably using Fitz as your 3rd down back.

What could go wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:49 am 

Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:

Of course we should be. Does our run the wheels off looking for a 1 point win HC think that way? It does not appear to me that he does. That's 1 problem when you hire a young unknown for a HC. You don't know what you are getting. It appears to me that we know now though.

I wonder if we would be better off taking away Tomlin's bell cow. The problem not being with Bell, but being with the HC.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:54 am 

Havoc wrote:
I wonder if we would be better off taking away Tomlin's bell cow. The problem not being with Bell, but being with the HC.

I don't think taking players away from a HC who's team rarely plays to its potential is the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I don't think taking players away from a HC who's team rarely plays to its potential is the answer.

Yep but many won't understand this.

It's okay. Gonna be fun to watch them learn the hard way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I've seen coaches countless times get forced into playing a way they don't prefer due to not having the personnel they want. Seen it in basketball. Seen it in football. Seen it with our coaches not due to personnel but due to being behind and therefore forced to open up the offense. It's not a crazy thought.

I like the Belichick approach if it means we get a guy who is a better threat in space than Bell.

Last edited by Havoc on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:04 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

We can’t afford to keep everyone.

Tell me how we rebuild the defense while paying Bell what he wants and I’ll listen.

If you say “draft”, we’ve been throwing draft pick after draft pick at the defense. Hasn’t worked yet.

And I think we’ve shown there’s no amount of points we can score that this defense won’t fritter away.

Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:06 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Tell me how we rebuild the defense while paying Bell what he wants and I’ll listen.

If you say “draft”, we’ve been throwing draft pick voter draft pick at the defense. Hasn’t worked yet.

And I think we’ve shown there’s no amount of points we can score that this defense won’t fritter away.

If JuJu continues to develop and VMcD can stay healthy, we might be able to win a few with Naje Davenport back there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm 

KC wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Yep but many won't understand this.

It's okay. Gonna be fun to watch them learn the hard way.

Well then, your argument is a moot point! We had Bell this year and still lost, not even making it to the AFCCG. If the scenario is to keep Bell to help out the O with complete disregard of the D, we will never sniff the SB anyway. You think this team will win a SB with as bad as our D is? Your delusional! Watch and Learn son! You don't make it to the big dance with swiss cheese defense!!! So, why pay a guy 15+ mill to come in late for meetings, game days, and walk-thru if you have no chance of winning the SB? He's an arrogant pompous ass and yet you want to reward him with a huge payday - nice! Seems to me, DeAngelo Williams did rather well in our system 2 years ago when Bell was sitting at home. But Bell is this heavenly God talent we can't live without! Bullshit!!! Williams was leading the league in rushing when Bell returned. Since no one is even on the same planet skill wise as Bell, how the hell did that happen?????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:09 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

If you say “draft”, we’ve been throwing draft pick after draft pick at the defense. Hasn’t worked yet.

Exactly Jeemie. Two thirds of our defense is made up of 1st and 2nd round picks, yet we still have this dumpster fire. Draft won't fix everything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:11 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Well then, your argument is a moot point! We had Bell this year and still lost, not even making it to the AFCCG. If the scenario is to keep Bell to help out the O with complete disregard of the D, we will never sniff the SB anyway. You think this team will win a SB with as bad as our D is? Your delusional! Watch and Learn son! You don't make it to the big dance with swiss cheese defense!!! So, why pay a guy 15+ mill to come in late for meetings, game days, and walk-thru if you have no chance of winning the SB? He's an arrogant pompous ass and yet you want to reward him with a huge payday - nice! Seems to me, DeAngelo Williams did rather well in our system 2 years ago when Bell was sitting at home. But Bell is this heavenly God talent we can't live without! Bullshit!!! Williams was leading the league in rushing when Bell returned. Since no one is even on the same planet skill wise as Bell, how the hell did that happen?????

Yup. We lost bc our defense was a banana slide lubed with Vaseline on a 60 degree incline. Jax players were getting friction burn from sliding into the end zone too fast.

On the other hand, is Bell's 15 mill on a tag next year going to fix our D?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:14 pm 

alancac98 wrote:

Well, Cuntlin is a "defensive guru". Let him figure it out. With that mook on the case, I'm sure our defense will be good as gold next season.

I have a feeling people are going to get their wish. Bell likely won't be back or tagged.

When that happens, I look forward to seeing the moves the defensive "brain trust" make to fortify that piece of shit side of the ball.

Those moves better be real big.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

Yup. We lost bc our defense was a banana slide lubed with Vaseline on a 60 degree incline. Jax players were getting friction burn from sliding into the end zone too fast.

If Tomlin can’t fix the D, then the groundswell will get louder to ax him.

But this is basically a 2000s Colts situation...team kept throwing $$ at offense...defense kept letting them down, and good teams could shut down their offense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:42 pm 

"alancac98"]
Jeemie wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Exactly Jeemie. Two thirds of our defense is made up of 1st and 2nd round picks, yet we still have this dumpster fire. Draft won't fix everything.[/quote]

Sure spend the money on defensive help and watch Tomlin/Butler/Porter/Olsavsky/Lake misuse them AND lose a great RB like Bell..no thnaks.....Tomlin and his defense have taken 8 of the last 10 top draft picks in the last 5 seasons and what do we have to show for it? quick answer..is not nearly enough...drafting = FAIL...Developing = Fail...Implementation of players and gameplanning = FAIL...im ok if you want to let Bell walk BUT only if it means Tomlin as his garbage assts are shown the door as well..if Tomlin stays, give him all the weapons you can get, he needs them

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

I don't know, but you won't sniff the SB with our D as it stands right now. Your putting all of your eggs in one basket, hoping the O scores at will, no turnovers and no punts to win a game. Does that sound like a convincing argument?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm 

Bell is what he is - a mismatch on most LBers.

He is not the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th best receiving option on the team. He would be worse than mediocre as an actual full-time #2 receiver on most teams. Great hands, but slow for a receiver.

Like I said, I'm not cutting Bell to "save" money. If a difference maker on defense is available, then I'd rescind Bell's tag and do the deal. PIT doesn't roll that way, but if Bell is threatening to sit out then fuck him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:

To me, Connor looks like a change of pace back. I don't think i'd like him getting 20 carries a game on my team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm 

R S wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:

To me, Connor looks like a change of pace back. I don't think i'd like him getting 20 carries a game on my team.

You won't like it and if Bell leaves, Conner IS going to be the man.

....and it AIN'T gonna go well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am 

TFFPK says bell will go to highest bidder in FA and Raiders will make a play

:roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next