It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'V B
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Well then, your argument is a moot point! We had Bell this year and still lost, not even making it to the AFCCG. If the scenario is to keep Bell to help out the O with complete disregard of the D, we will never sniff the SB anyway. You think this team will win a SB with as bad as our D is? Your delusional! Watch and Learn son! You don't make it to the big dance with swiss cheese defense!!! So, why pay a guy 15+ mill to come in late for meetings, game days, and walk-thru if you have no chance of winning the SB? He's an arrogant pompous ass and yet you want to reward him with a huge payday - nice! Seems to me, DeAngelo Williams did rather well in our system 2 years ago when Bell was sitting at home. But Bell is this heavenly God talent we can't live without! Bullshit!!! Williams was leading the league in rushing when Bell returned. Since no one is even on the same planet skill wise as Bell, how the hell did that happen?????

Yup. We lost bc our defense was a banana slide lubed with Vaseline on a 60 degree incline. Jax players were getting friction burn from sliding into the end zone too fast.

On the other hand, is Bell's 15 mill on a tag next year going to fix our D?

I don't know, but you won't sniff the SB with our D as it stands right now. Your putting all of your eggs in one basket, hoping the O scores at will, no turnovers and no punts to win a game. Does that sound like a convincing argument?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm 

Bell is what he is - a mismatch on most LBers.

He is not the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th best receiving option on the team. He would be worse than mediocre as an actual full-time #2 receiver on most teams. Great hands, but slow for a receiver.

Like I said, I'm not cutting Bell to "save" money. If a difference maker on defense is available, then I'd rescind Bell's tag and do the deal. PIT doesn't roll that way, but if Bell is threatening to sit out then fuck him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:
If they get rid of Bell, they better address his position with someone high quality. I'm talking minimum DeAngelo Williams of 5 years ago or high draft pick. I'm sorry, but Connor was a dumb dumb pick. They passed on star quality RBs for a good story from a local kid.

What exactly is wrong with Connor other than the fact he struggled in pass pro, which can be taught?

I wouldn’t mind using the New Englnd approach of having several backs as opposed to a bell cow.

Especially if you are using a run game to complement an intermediate/vertical passing game...which is what we should be doing with this offense.

To me, Connor looks like a change of pace back. I don't think i'd like him getting 20 carries a game on my team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm 

R S wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:
If they get rid of Bell, they better address his position with someone high quality. I'm talking minimum DeAngelo Williams of 5 years ago or high draft pick. I'm sorry, but Connor was a dumb dumb pick. They passed on star quality RBs for a good story from a local kid.

What exactly is wrong with Connor other than the fact he struggled in pass pro, which can be taught?

I wouldn’t mind using the New Englnd approach of having several backs as opposed to a bell cow.

Especially if you are using a run game to complement an intermediate/vertical passing game...which is what we should be doing with this offense.

To me, Connor looks like a change of pace back. I don't think i'd like him getting 20 carries a game on my team.

You won't like it and if Bell leaves, Conner IS going to be the man.

....and it AIN'T gonna go well.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am 

TFFPK says bell will go to highest bidder in FA and Raiders will make a play

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:32 am 

It'll be interesting to see what kind of offers he fields. Dude's only finished one season as far as I can remember.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 am 

KC wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Disagree.

Some coaches can win with less talent. I don't think this coaching staff can. Retain as much talent as possible.

As bad as that D was, this team was 1-2 bad coaching decisions away from pulling that win out of their ass. Non-dumfuck playcalling at momentum killing times could have been the difference. We don't know yet if Fichtner is that difference over Haley, but he might be.

Revise the schematic on D. Change the base D if necessary. Draft D. It's said players love playing for Tomlin? Use that gift of gab to woo a solid FA on D (ILB, S). He's coaching the probowl. Get in someone's ear. Make them as excited at the prospect of playing for you as Swiss gets when he watches the morning news.

As far as O, I would like them to add some kind of scatback. Maybe someone that can return kicks as well. Quick hitter change of pace to Bell.

Right on, Miter. This team needs to keep ALL of the talent it can.

Mike Tomlin is the NFL's version of Tom Crean.

He claps a lot and throws out some old cliches. That's what he's bringing to the table.

Unless somehow this defense adds players the equivalent of Bell, Brown and Roethlisberger, there is NO FUCKING WAY they're in the hunt to win anything.

Without Bell, we'll probably a 9-7, 10-6 team. MAYBE.

Just pay him, if you can get Ben to tell you exactly how many years he will go, even better! Time the cap hits to bury the team the year after Ben retires, I honestly don't care about the cap situation the year after Ben retires, because "next man up" is a laughable fantasy if you're trying to apply it to QB. We could have the rest of the roster, subtract Ben and 13-3 goes instantly to 6-10.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am 

Nick79 wrote:
KC wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Disagree.

Some coaches can win with less talent. I don't think this coaching staff can. Retain as much talent as possible.

As bad as that D was, this team was 1-2 bad coaching decisions away from pulling that win out of their ass. Non-dumfuck playcalling at momentum killing times could have been the difference. We don't know yet if Fichtner is that difference over Haley, but he might be.

Revise the schematic on D. Change the base D if necessary. Draft D. It's said players love playing for Tomlin? Use that gift of gab to woo a solid FA on D (ILB, S). He's coaching the probowl. Get in someone's ear. Make them as excited at the prospect of playing for you as Swiss gets when he watches the morning news.

As far as O, I would like them to add some kind of scatback. Maybe someone that can return kicks as well. Quick hitter change of pace to Bell.

Right on, Miter. This team needs to keep ALL of the talent it can.

Mike Tomlin is the NFL's version of Tom Crean.

He claps a lot and throws out some old cliches. That's what he's bringing to the table.

Unless somehow this defense adds players the equivalent of Bell, Brown and Roethlisberger, there is NO FUCKING WAY they're in the hunt to win anything.

Without Bell, we'll probably a 9-7, 10-6 team. MAYBE.

Just pay him, if you can get Ben to tell you exactly how many years he will go, even better! Time the cap hits to bury the team the year after Ben retires, I honestly don't care about the cap situation the year after Ben retires, because "next man up" is a laughable fantasy if you're trying to apply it to QB. We could have the rest of the roster, subtract Ben and 13-3 goes instantly to 6-10.

regardless if we keep him or not you are correct about how long ben stays... If I owned the team I would sit him down and say listen ben.. I am going to free agent the shit out of this team to get you one/two more rings... because unless we find another ben in the draft.. this team will be the Bengals for a few years after he retires.. even worse if Mikey stays the head job coach..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am 

It's not just the $15 million but his demeanor. For attitude alone, Bell should go & for that kind of money there must be a defensive playmaker available in free agency that could uplift our dismal defence. Meanwhile, draft an early round rb to fill the vacancy. Unlike most positions, a rookie rb can start out playing well. So he may not be as great a receiving back, it's not like there aren't enough good receiving options. What other real choice is there, anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am 

KC wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Okay...STFU....and keep Bell.

This is dumb. We don't want to part with a talent like that. And do what, give the ball to Steven Fuckin' Ridley???

I mean...this shit is fucking INCREDIBLY MORONIC.

Best fucking back in the league...BY A LOT and an incredible, clutch receiver who puts up ridiculous numbers in catches yearly too.

Yeah sure, let's get rid of that.

:lol:

People don't like Bell's attitude. I hope he pisses in Mike Cuntlin's face IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE LOCKER ROOM.

So you would give a 3 year contract at something like16 million per year with much of it upfront to a malcontent rb with no defence to stop the other team from scoring?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next