It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tomlin sealed his fate.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:11 pm 

Somehow he talked his way into keeping the defensive staff together to Rooney. I think if this defense isn't light years better next year, he's gone. How can anyone think letting Haley go and keeping Butler around is a good idea. You guys had him pegged before I did. He can bullshit like no other.

Hopefully Rooney gave him the option of firing the staff or its your ass if there is no improvement. Obviously the narcissistic moron chose the latter.

Post subject: Re: Tomlin sealed his fate.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:44 pm 

I haven’t heard Rooney make his end of season remarks yet (he either gives a public one or sits down with Labriola).

When we hear those, we’ll know where his mindset is.

But two consecutive years the media was full of “the Steelers flames out because they have no discipline” stories, and Rooney obviously leaked the story to Bouchette about Bell missing the walk-through and showed up late for the game.

So I can’t imagine he’s happy right now.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:57 pm 

You assets should know better. First, Jeems, HOW do we know that Rooney leaked that info. to Bouchette. It could have come from anywhere, like any one of the 52 other guys that WERE at practice. While we're speculating, maybe it came from David DeCastro.

Secondly....it's VERY possible that next year, Steelers incur more injuries, battle through some adversity, pull some more games out their ass IN SPITE OF the Head Coach, go 9-7, go to Kansas City, get beat by the Fat Fuck Andy Reid this time....and we'll hear it again.
*He didn't lose the locker room
*He's never had a losing season
*He's won more games in 12 years than any other coach but Don Shula

And he'll be back for 2019. Rooney will NEVER fire this asshole...I have ZERO confidence that next year is any different. In fact, we're not going 13-3, not getting a first round bye, very likely not making it to the Divisional Round....and this fuckface Tomlin will be back again the following season.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm 

Quote:
Nevertheless, there is another elephant in the room that Rooney, Tomlin and Colbert must address. Are the Steelers’ disciplined enough?

Tomlin never lost the locker room, he had it under control and his players respect him. However, there were many instances in which he could have taken better control, including the fiasco for the national anthem in Chicago.

As another example, Tomlin wants players and coaches to report to the locker room two hours before kickoff for games. That was continually ignored by both players and a coach or two.

Not only did Bell arrive much later than that for the playoff game against Jacksonville (as well as one coach), he missed practically the entire Saturday walk-through the day before, showing up about five minutes before practice ended. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1801180124
This kinda shit right here is what infuriates me about Tomlin. Players coach whatever his title is he's not the disciplinarian this team needs to get over the last hump to the promised land. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy that will cede some of the comradery as the players coach to..., you know, actually lead these men. So just as with children if you're too close to them as friends they have less respect for your leadership and tend to abuse the "friend relationship' as time goes forward. Now at Tomlin's age most of the players are children.

Quote:
He [Tomlin] called many of the defensive plays from the sideline this season. He also took charge of many of the secondary meetings and those with the entire defense.
So why keep Lake around? Why not fire Lake's ass and bring someone reliable in to lead/teach the secondary so they can evolve benefitting from some real tutelage?Same can be said about the LB'ers coaching. Fire Porter.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 pm 

I don't know, I know it felt like we didn't deal with many injuries this year, but in thinking about it we lost our RT for like 8 games, best defensive player, best CB for significant time, AB missed 2.5 games (a lot for him), JuJu missed time, MB was suspended, Foster missed time, Tuitt missed time.

Normal stuff for an NFL season. I am not a Tomlin supporter, but I think barring major injuries this team is right back in the thick of things next year. We do have a much tougher schedule, but should be in the mix in January.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm 

JJT wrote:
I don't know, I know it felt like we didn't deal with many injuries this year, but in thinking about it we lost our RT for like 8 games, best defensive player, best CB for significant time, AB missed 2.5 games (a lot for him), JuJu missed time, MB was suspended, Foster missed time, Tuitt missed time.

Normal stuff for an NFL season. I am not a Tomlin supporter, but I think barring major injuries this team is right back in the thick of things next year. We do have a much tougher schedule, but should be in the mix in January.

Quite possibly....but then the same pathetic ending. We should know how this story ends by now. Tomlin can't close the deal, is adorned with an embarrassment of offensive riches...but fucks it up. Can't count on much in life....THIS we can count on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:17 pm 

Yep, can't disagree there. Just hoping if we are in the mix someone else fucks up worse than Tomlin (I know unlikely). Or our talent is just enough to put us over the top......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:18 pm 

Those of you wanting to get rid of Butler.

This is his what, second season as DC?

Haley hung around for SIX years.

You can't give Butler another year? One? Given what he had to work with. . .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:21 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Those of you wanting to get rid of Butler.

This is his what, second season as DC?

Haley hung around for SIX years.

You can't give Butler another year? One? Given what he had to work with. . .

He’s been DC for three seasons now, and the failings of this defense were 100x worse than any failings Todd Haley had.

It wasn’t even a speed bump at the end...it was like there was nobody even on the field for the Steelers when Jacksonville had the ball.

But I’d be happy with a wholesale assistant swap-out...player development on defense has been abysmal.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm 

JJT wrote:

Last Sunday, everyone was healthy on defense save for Shazier and Hargrave (back).

No excuses.

On offense, Gilbert went down again, and Rogers had his ACL tear towards the end of the game, but the offense cranked out 42 points.

No excuses.

Last edited by Jeemie on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.