It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tomlin sealed his fate.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm 

3rd. Butler's 3rd season. And if he hasn't proven his competency by now then I believe he is no coordinator. Send him back to LB'ers coach. LB'ers played better when he coached them. Fire Porter. What does it tell you to see Tomlin took over the defensive play calling during the season? What does it say to you that Tomlin took over the position coaching meetings in the secondary? Says a lot IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:29 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
JJT wrote:
I don't know, I know it felt like we didn't deal with many injuries this year, but in thinking about it we lost our RT for like 8 games, best defensive player, best CB for significant time, AB missed 2.5 games (a lot for him), JuJu missed time, MB was suspended, Foster missed time, Tuitt missed time.

Normal stuff for an NFL season. I am not a Tomlin supporter, but I think barring major injuries this team is right back in the thick of things next year. We do have a much tougher schedule, but should be in the mix in January.

Last Sunday, everyone was healthy on defense save for Shazier and Hargrave (back).

No excuses.

On offense, Gilbert went down again, and Rogers had his ACL tear towards the end of the game, but the offense cranked out 42 points.

No excuses.
Remove Gilbert and Rogers at the beginning of the game and they still score 42 pts.

I don't think three seasons is enough to determine the quality of the defense or it's coordinator. Hell, it takes some players 2-3 years just to get to the NFL level. Polumalu sucked for two, right? Or at least wasn't nearly the playmaker at the height of his career. You need top ten first round picks for players to become playmakers right away. With others it's more of a development process, outliers notwithstanding. Watt looked great at the beginning of the season and disappeared late. Haley had so much more to work with it's not even comparable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
3rd. Butler's 3rd season. And if he hasn't proven his competency by now then I believe he is no coordinator. Send him back to LB'ers coach. LB'ers played better when he coached them. Fire Porter. What does it tell you to see Tomlin took over the defensive play calling during the season? What does it say to you that Tomlin took over the position coaching meetings in the secondary? Says a lot IMO.
You don't think Butler was in Porters face over output? Telling him what needs to change or get better in the details? I'm guessing yes.

I'm not as harsh on the defense as you guys. Sure, it was a meltdown, and it's happened two years in a row in a playoff game. I feel your anger, but whole sale liquidation of the coaching staff won't necessarily make the defense better. Everybody is complaining that removing a known quantity in Bell for a no name drafted rookie RB is a mistake. Isn't dissolving the defensive coaching staff akin to the same thing?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:39 pm 

If Tomlin is already running the defense why have a DC? If he's running the secondary why have a secondary coach? My point... Hire better positional coaches. Demote Butler to LB'ers coach where he came from. Not firing him. Putting him where his talents benefit this team the most. Fire Porter. Since Tomlin is running the secondary meetings plus making defensive play calls what good are Lake and Butler in their current roles? Fire Lake hire someone with a history of positive results. Demote Butler back to LB'ers coach and remain the HC/DC if Tomlin wishes to do it that way. Butler can Still fill a role consulting as well as coaching LB'ers. Just an Idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 pm 

I know that all of you were glad the Steelers parted ways with Dick LeBeau. And, total transparency, I know Dick LeBeau a little bit through my high school coach, have a pic with me, LeBeau and my brother hanging in my office.

BUT...at the time, Steelers ditched LeBeau to make sure that Keith Fuckin' Butler didn't walk. Holy fuck!! Keith Butler was, is, and forever will be, just a JAG.

Was a dumbfuck move then and remains so.

Get someone that will do something with this unit. That group didn't make one fuckin' play last week....and I'm thinking now, having seen the clip on Fournette's first TD from behind the Steelers D, that Sean Spence simply pussied out, didn't want that collision, as he was in perfect fuckin' position to stop Fournette.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 pm 

LMAO - didn't Tomlin bristle at being called a "player's coach"? I don't think any coach likes it, basically says all you bring to the table is an ability to baby sit adults.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:40 pm 

I’m sitting here thinking to myself I am hoping we don’t look back at 2017 as Ben’s last best shot that was utterly squandered.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:48 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
If Tomlin is already running the defense

Well, at least no one needs to ask what he does anymore. Not that that is really to his credit at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
You assets should know better. First, Jeems, HOW do we know that Rooney leaked that info. to Bouchette. It could have come from anywhere, like any one of the 52 other guys that WERE at practice. While we're speculating, maybe it came from David DeCastro.

Secondly....it's VERY possible that next year, Steelers incur more injuries, battle through some adversity, pull some more games out their ass IN SPITE OF the Head Coach, go 9-7, go to Kansas City, get beat by the Fat Fuck Andy Reid this time....and we'll hear it again.
*He didn't lose the locker room
*He's never had a losing season
*He's won more games in 12 years than any other coach but Don Shula

And he'll be back for 2019. Rooney will NEVER fire this asshole...I have ZERO confidence that next year is any different. In fact, we're not going 13-3, not getting a first round bye, very likely not making it to the Divisional Round....and this fuckface Tomlin will be back again the following season.

CORRECT^^^

Also, there are 3 little words ensuring that Mike Tomfuck will never be fired

"THE ROONEY RULE"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:13 pm 

steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
You assets should know better. First, Jeems, HOW do we know that Rooney leaked that info. to Bouchette. It could have come from anywhere, like any one of the 52 other guys that WERE at practice. While we're speculating, maybe it came from David DeCastro.

Secondly....it's VERY possible that next year, Steelers incur more injuries, battle through some adversity, pull some more games out their ass IN SPITE OF the Head Coach, go 9-7, go to Kansas City, get beat by the Fat Fuck Andy Reid this time....and we'll hear it again.
*He didn't lose the locker room
*He's never had a losing season
*He's won more games in 12 years than any other coach but Don Shula

And he'll be back for 2019. Rooney will NEVER fire this asshole...I have ZERO confidence that next year is any different. In fact, we're not going 13-3, not getting a first round bye, very likely not making it to the Divisional Round....and this fuckface Tomlin will be back again the following season.

CORRECT^^^

Also, there are 3 little words ensuring that Mike Tomfuck will never be fired

"THE ROONEY RULE"

If they could nudge Chuck Noll out the door, they can fire Mike Tomlin. And this is bordering on offensive.