It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Joey Porter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:11 am 

like joey the player..but seeing him in a coaching job seems odd. I find it hard to imagine him a great teacher.. and results seem hidden if they exist..
wish we had kevin greene at the spot. better yet id offer greene defensive coordinater spot..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:22 am 

Peezy maybe a shitty coach, not sure kinda think he is. However there is not a coach in the world that could make Dupree a good football player. That guys is soft, weak, and frankly a coward. That is on Colbert, who frankly has failed overall in rebuilding the defense. I like Peezy as a player, set a good edge, excellent pass rusher, and was sort of the enforcer when shit got nasty. In fact he even had a huge impact in a huge game as coach, see the Bengals playoff implosion. Right in the middle of it was Peezy, with his "what the fuck did I do" face on laughing at Burfict and Jones :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 pm 

It’s Jerry Porter fellas....get it right! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:46 pm 

Well something had to be done and there has to be responsibility somewhere
The defense is terrible
And in the last two playoff games they have been embarrassingly bad

Coach K on tv now talking about coaches and BB ... said everyone wants to win but not everyone is willing to do the hard work ... give more than lip service

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm 

Gonzo wrote:
The defense is terrible

Coach K on tv now talking about coaches and BB ... said everyone wants to win but not everyone is willing to do the hard work ... give more than lip service

...just saw a clip on Brady's finger, asking Belichick about it at his presser. He simply says, "Getting ready for Jacksonville."

Can you imagine if the Jackass Mike Tomlin was asked that question? He would still be spewing bullshit. I knew we all hate Belichick, but I admire him. Wish the fuck he was our coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:02 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
The defense is terrible

...just saw a clip on Brady's finger, asking Belichick about it at his presser. He simply says, "Getting ready for Jacksonville."

Can you imagine if the Jackass Mike Tomlin was asked that question? He would still be spewing bullshit. I knew we all hate Belichick, but I admire him. Wish the fuck he was our coach.

Absolutely ... 60 seconds of men being men as such and what not.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:03 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
The defense is terrible

Cowher has his detractors here i know but Tomlin cant hold a candle to him or wash his jock strap. To your point yes i wish BB was our coach, no BS just all about winning.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 pm 

Flanker wrote:
Porter may be an idiot off the field and even on the field considering he punched William Green in warmups.

He was a very successful pass rusher in the NFL... Do you honestly think he is unable to relay to our current players how he did it or maybe we just draft shitty prospects that aren't athletically capable as he was? Jones was a bust and Dupree is headed down the same road. Watt certainly slowed down as the season progressed which is normal for a rookie but he is widely regarded as a top 3 candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I'm not sure how much position coaches matter if the player cant execute what they are being coached.

I think coaching at all levels is incredibly relevant. Can’t specifically speak to Porter and his LBers, but I do know that playing ability has absolutely zero correlation with coaching ability