It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Haley a serious candidate for Browns OC!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 pm 

Lynch wrote:
I gave him ONE, and that's all I'm digging. If you guys can't combine what was said in that article with what's been said elsewhere, and come to the same conclusion, maybe you will after a few games of Haley unchained in Cleveland.

If Kessler's noodle isn't completely scrambled, he'll have what he needs to have a decent first year.

If it's the same one I saw...no you didn't. But yes, the proof is in the pudding. If the Browns come out early in games throwing WR screens and running slow-developing sweeps on 4th down then we'll know. It'll be telling too if the Steelers continue to do such things.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm 

stillthere wrote:
meh facts.

The dismissal of Haley sorta smacks of how a lot of us pooh-poohed Harrison walking over to the Patriots.

FACT: Todd Haley in his time here improved our offense and improved our QB's play. Four consecutive top ten finishes for points, and 3 times in the top five for yards.

FACT: The offensive design and playcalling which contributed greatly to that improvement and to what playoff success we had just walked right over to a division rival. That division rival, as poor as they were, nearly beat us in both games this year, and has something like 12 draft picks next year with #1 overall and five picks in the first two rounds.

FACT: Randy Fichtner is not going to install a completely new offense in a single season.

Of course the rubber needs to actually meet the road, and Kizer has been erratic so far, but IMO the chance of them actually stealing a division game from us over the next couple of years has improved drastically. Unless Tomlin magically starts figuring out how to blow lesser o[pponents out of the water on a more consistent basis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:06 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
FACT: Randy Fichtner is not going to install a completely new offense in a single season.

I don't give a rats ass that Haley is with a division rival. If he has talent, he will have some success. If he doesn't, he won't.

We don't need a new offense (maybe some tweaks). We need to start games in attack mode, bury teams, then continue to attack and finish them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:21 pm 

Havoc wrote:
DrMalba wrote:

I don't give a rats ass that Haley is with a division rival. If he has talent, he will have some success. If he doesn't, he won't.

We don't need a new offense (maybe some tweaks). We need to start games in attack mode, bury teams, then continue to attack and finish them.

We need to run North South on 4th and a foot or perhaps try a QB sneak.

Using common fucking sense is an excellent tool when coordinating a top offense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Havoc wrote:
DrMalba wrote:

We need to run North South on 4th and a foot or perhaps try a QB sneak.

Using common fucking sense is an excellent tool when coordinating a top offense.

No way dude... That's what everyone expects. Statue of Liberty on 4th and a ft everytime.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:35 pm 

Okay. This thread needs a dose of reality.

1. This is the Browns we are talking about. The Browns.

2. Haley made all this magic everyone is referring to with the premier offensive talent in the league. Talent that has been assembled during his tenure. He didn’t just take the Bad News Bears and miraculously turn them into the Killer Bs. He made improvements, but his offenses fell wayyy below the talent level.

3. He has had the benefit of Mike Munchack whipping his Oline into shape.

4. Richard Mann is the man behind our WR corps. Not Todd Haley.

5. Is Todd Haley.>>>Hue Jackson? At the very least, I’m going with =.

Nothing to see here. Just a freeway wreck and some rubbernecking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:59 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:

2. Haley made all this magic everyone is referring to with the premier offensive talent in the league. Talent that has been assembled during his tenure. He didn’t just take the Bad News Bears and miraculously turn them into the Killer Bs. He made improvements, but his offenses fell wayyy below the talent level.

Thank you.

Adding to that - Ben, Brown, Pouncey, Foster, and Gilbert were all here before Haley showed up. And I'm not sure how much credit Haley can take for DeCastro, Villy, Bell, and JuJu (among others).
Plus, it seems like everyone is forgetting the red zone struggles that plagued his time here.

As for the Browns - I'll worry about them when they give me reason to.

Bonus trivia question: When was the last time the Browns selected a pro bowl player in rounds 1-3?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:06 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:

Yes...absolutely yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:23 pm 

Pabst wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:

Thank you.

Adding to that - Ben, Brown, Pouncey, Foster, and Gilbert were all here before Haley showed up. And I'm not sure how much credit Haley can take for DeCastro, Villy, Bell, and JuJu (among others).
Plus, it seems like everyone is forgetting the red zone struggles that plagued his time here.

As for the Browns - I'll worry about them when they give me reason to.

Bonus trivia question: When was the last time the Browns selected a pro bowl player in rounds 1-3?

2012- Josh Gordon rd 2 supplemental draft

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 pm 

R S wrote:

2012- Josh Gordon rd 2 supplemental draft

Damn your technicalities!!!! I was going for Joe Haden in 2010. Either way, it's been a while.

And for all the talk about the new Browns FO, Dorsey has been really boom-or-bust in the draft (in GB and KC). Although I suppose is better than anything the Browns have done since 1999.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next