It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jags-Pats thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm 

fortythree wrote:
There are very specific rules about how teams can punish players per the CBA.

They can only suspend Harrison for 4 weeks. If they sat him as a healthy scratch for any game for conduct reasons that counts against the 4 weeks.

To officially suspend him you have to notify the NFLPA and then there are appeals and all that shit.

Sometimes just telling a guy to get the fuck out makes the most sense.

But then again if you think the NFL is scripted then they had to cut Harrison because that's what they were told to do.

Then suspend him for 4 weeks or continue to not give him a shirt as you have been doing all year

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:01 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ben was the most consistent QB in the NFL this year, FWIW. Bortles the most inconsistent. Stat from last week.

What was that same stat from last year, and the year before?

Ben was definitely more consistent this year, especially after he started playing great again.

To be clear, and I think we're on the same page, I'm moping about Ben's out of this world performance not being given more due bc his defense wasn't even a speed bump.

Still Lit, I agree with you 100% about this. Ben and the PIT offense deserves a ton of credit for how it trashed the supposed #1 D in all the land. But the simply horrendous play by the PIT D simply overshadowed it. Even with 2 turnovers and one a scoop and score, if the D had just prevented ONE of the JAX TDs, PIT stil would have won because Ben was amazing--and dont forget the catches for TDs that AB had and the one that Martavis had. Those were 3 absolutely amazing TD catches being covered well on a big stage. Bell also had a great catch while being covered almost perfectly by Telvin Smith. Ben threw it absolutely perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:02 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
But a fresh pass rusher is always going to have the advantage over a tackle that

That's exactly why he needed to be used to spell
Watt and Bud
I'll repeat this again. I'm not suggesting the steelers shouldn't have used him during the year. Just that his performance needs to be judged accordingly.

Reminds me of Cowher yelling at Greg Lloyd. "Rush the passer!! You can do that, right!!? RUSH THE PASSER!!" If that's all you have to worry about at the end of the game, simple. No?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:03 pm 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
Still Lit, I agree with you 100% about this. Ben and the PIT offense deserves a ton of credit for how it trashed the supposed #1 D in all the land. But the simply horrendous play by the PIT D simply overshadowed it. Even with 2 turnovers and one a scoop and score, if the D had just prevented ONE of the JAX TDs, PIT stil would have won because Ben was amazing--and dont forget the catches for TDs that AB had and the one that Martavis had. Those were 3 absolutely amazing TD catches being covered well on a big stage. Bell also had a great catch while being covered almost perfectly by Telvin Smith. Ben threw it absolutely perfectly.

Our "amazing offense" also gave the Jax 14 points on turnovers. It wasn't all fucking peaches and cream on offense last week. We fucking sucked dick at times and basically gave away the game on offense

Last edited by steel on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:03 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I’m with you lit. If our defense somehow makes a stop, that’s one of the greatest playoff games by a QB in league history. Legendary.
Except they weren't given the opportunity with the onside kick call.

Not debating the call, just sayin'

It's one of the greatest playoff games by a qb anyway. And I enjoyed it more than a lot of games.

My fandom was forged in the lovable loser crucible of the 50's and 60's. I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, not some 'cult of winning'.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Stillcajun wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:
Steelers/Jags & Pats/Jags. Clear as day. Coaching is the difference.

Amen brother.

no doubt in my mind..question...same team rosters ; coaching staffs swapped completely in off season.... bellefuck steelers kick the shit out of Tomlins pats. brady or not..

Like Bear Bryant....he can his'ns and beat your'ns.....or take your'ns and beat his'ns.....

Something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I gave it up for him long ago, TB. I root like hell against him, but you need to put a stake in that mother-fucker's heart to beat him. Best example today, IMO, was 3rd & fuckin 18. Eighteen fuckin yards to go in 4Q. Get off the field there and Jags chances to win are very good. But he picks it up.
I'm looking at the fourth and one from the 42. That changed the game. And a few other offensive gaffs, like not running bortles. I think he had over 80 yards against the steelers. And how many of them on third down?

Yeah....thought it was the right call...but way Jax was running, had to like their chances of picking up the first down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm 

steel wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

Our "amazing offense" also gave the Jax 14 points on turnovers. It wasn't all fucking peaches and cream on offense last week. We fucking sucked dick at times and basically gave away the game on offense

You know how many turnovers and points Terry Bradshaw gave the other team in Super Bowls? Answer: a shitpile. Does anyone ever talk about that? No, because he kept being aggressive and made a shitpile MORE great plays than bad ones— and his D understood that they had to pick him and fumbling Franco up once in awhile with a stop.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 pm 

Steel Ubaldo wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Montana was every bit as good as Brady. SF moved on from him to get to Steve Young. Montana almost took KC deep in the playoffs.

If the ONLY way to judge a QB is by rings, well then Brady would win that but look at it this way. Everyone is talking about would Tom be as successful in another system. The way I look at it is like this: Take Brady OUT of NE and put Ben with Belichick or put Dan Marino or put Montana in there and let them run that system and have the benefit of Belicheat pushing the envelope of what is legal and what isnt plus his amazing game prep on both sides of the ball. Would any of those QBs have won 5 and be on the verge of a 6th ring? I think the answer is there are a few QBs who could supplant Brady in the NE system over the years and they still would have won the same number of rings. Hell, I think Aaron Rodgers is as good as Brady right now but no, he doesnt have the benefit of playing in Belicheat's system.

I don’t think that number is As big as you think it is. The QB in that system has to be subservient to the system. Most QBs want the system built around them, not the other way around. No way do I see Ben or Aaron Rodgers in that system for that long a period of time. It’s not who they are.

well I hear you. You make a salient point. But I would counter in this way. Belicheat would have tailored the "system" to the QB that he has. I think Montana, Rodgers, maybe Marino, Peyton Manning could have thrived in a system that Belicheat tailored to them. But its all the other little things that he does that separates him from other coaches. He is like Nick Saban. Give him 2 or 3 weeks to game plan for a team and you just dont beat him. There is more to it than just Brady.
Montana, Marino, Manning, Rodgers are ALL smart as hell and could read, check down whatever was asked of them or IS asked of Brady in the NE system. I think all of them could have done what Brady has done as long as Belicheat is there. I dont know that Big Ben would do it. Ben holds the ball too long. Those other guys get rid of it quickly dinking and dunking down the field where the pass play is in lieu of running. Those 4 I listed could do it every bit as well as Brady.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:20 pm 

steel wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:22 pm 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
well I hear you. You make a salient point. But I would counter in this way. Belicheat would have tailored the "system" to the QB that he has. I think Montana, Rodgers, maybe Marino, Peyton Manning could have thrived in a system that Belicheat tailored to them. But its all the other little things that he does that separates him from other coaches. He is like Nick Saban. Give him 2 or 3 weeks to game plan for a team and you just dont beat him. There is more to it than just Brady.
Montana, Marino, Manning, Rodgers are ALL smart as hell and could read, check down whatever was asked of them or IS asked of Brady in the NE system. I think all of them could have done what Brady has done as long as Belicheat is there. I dont know that Big Ben would do it. Ben holds the ball too long. Those other guys get rid of it quickly dinking and dunking down the field where the pass play is in lieu of running. Those 4 I listed could do it every bit as well as Brady.
Which is exactly why I don't consider him Goat. Lebron James. Michael Jordon. Roger Federer/ Nadal. Mr October. He's just not on that list. No matter how many championships he gets. He just doesn't have dominating performances without scheme. BR has taken over games and out of sheer will won them on his own. And then AB is mindfuckingly dominant, even when mugged and double teamed. Give Brady pressure and he folds.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:24 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I gave it up for him long ago, TB. I root like hell against him, but you need to put a stake in that mother-fucker's heart to beat him. Best example today, IMO, was 3rd & fuckin 18. Eighteen fuckin yards to go in 4Q. Get off the field there and Jags chances to win are very good. But he picks it up.
I'm looking at the fourth and one from the 42. That changed the game. And a few other offensive gaffs, like not running bortles. I think he had over 80 yards against the steelers. And how many of them on third down?

Cor.
Was calling for Bortles to bootleg a few times.
Bizzaar they did not plan a few

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:26 pm 

steel wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

Look, there was some dick sucking going on but I attribute all that to Haley. He started the game with an empty backfield against a team that was ranked like 24th against the run. Then when that didnt work, he comes back in the 2nd series and runs the ball 3 times--something EVERYBODY expected. Another dick that was sucked was not running QB sneaks with a 6-6 250 lb QB. Now 2 turnovers is sucking some more dick, but I think Ben more than made up for that with his shredding of the vaunted JAX D for 470 yrds and 5 TD. I will even discount the last TD since JAX was totally in a prevent D and they knew there was not enough time for PIT to score again.
But even with the sucking of multiple dicks out there, 35 legit pts against the supposed 2nd coming of the 2000 Ravens Defense should have been more than enough to win a playoff game at home UNLESS your defense shits the bed like it did and it most certainly did. Ben had an amazing playoff game even with his miscues.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
steel wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

Look, there was some dick sucking going on but I attribute all that to Haley. He started the game with an empty backfield against a team that was ranked like 24th against the run. Then when that didnt work, he comes back in the 2nd series and runs the ball 3 times--something EVERYBODY expected. Another dick that was sucked was not running QB sneaks with a 6-6 250 lb QB. Now 2 turnovers is sucking some more dick, but I think Ben more than made up for that with his shredding of the vaunted JAX D for 470 yrds and 5 TD. I will even discount the last TD since JAX was totally in a prevent D and they knew there was not enough time for PIT to score again.
But even with the sucking of multiple dicks out there, 35 legit pts against the supposed 2nd coming of the 2000 Ravens Defense should have been more than enough to win a playoff game at home UNLESS your defense shits the bed like it did and it most certainly did. Ben had an amazing playoff game even with his miscues.
This is a prime example when you need a bag of dicks. Not enough to go around without it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm 

T.W. wrote:
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Harrison single-handed won that game...LOL

Tomlin is a egotistical bum.

I don't disagree on Tomlin I just think the bed wetting about Harrison is funny...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
Which is exactly why I don't consider him Goat. Lebron James. Michael Jordon. Roger Federer/ Nadal. Mr October. He's just not on that list. No matter how many championships he gets. He just doesn't have dominating performances without scheme. BR has taken over games and out of sheer will won them on his own. And then AB is mindfuckingly dominant, even when mugged and double teamed. Give Brady pressure and he folds.

Hadnt thought of it like that. If Brady had to face the pressure that Ben faces OR brings upon himself, he would fold and go to whining and bitching on the sidelines. Tom hates to get hit so he gets rid of it fast and early.
You are so right. Ben has simply willed his team to win over the years because he didnt have the absolute mastermind on the sidelines taking care of ALL the ancillary shit. And what I saw AB do last week was nothing short of spectacular coming off a calf injury. He made catches that I dont think anyone else would make but Ben put the ball exactly where it needed to be . AB is truly a mindfuck when you watch what he can do.
I think Rodgers can will his team to win. Montana was the ultimate in cool under pressure. He could do anything Brady can do and he might have had more rings if SF hadnt pushed him out to get to Steve Young before he left. (see Tom Terrific engineering Jimmy Garropolo's exit so it didnt happen to him).

I agree with you. Brady is no doubt an excellent QB who has had the good fortune of playing for the greatest NFL coach in history most likely. But he is not the GOAT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:38 pm 

For the love of God, I hope whoever the NFC puts in the SB, they somehow are a team of destiny and win. I just cannot take the media's total man-love for Brady and Belicheat. We are going to have to endure 2 weeks of the amazing duo of Brady/Belicheat and how great they have been and Tom being picked so late in the draft and all the crap that is part of this sickening NE dynasty talk. Its just nauseating.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm 

Jackie Chiles wrote:
T.W. wrote:
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Harrison single-handed won that game...LOL

Tomlin is a egotistical bum.

I don't disagree on Tomlin I just think the bed wetting about Harrison is funny...

Jackie let me explain it to you. You clearly have no idea the impact of a HOFer all time great has on his team mates. Someone who leads by example. You want to watch a play and say"hmmm he got blocked on that play he is no good"??? You dont understand leading by example, experience, that [b] knack for making a big play at a big moment just like James did today on the last drive of the game. You just don't get "it". I am serious you dont understand the nuances of the game, its OK.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:59 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:

Jackie let me explain it to you. You clearly have no idea the impact of a HOFer all time great has on his team mates. Someone who leads by example. You want to watch a play and say"hmmm he got blocked on that play he is no good"??? You dont understand leading by example, experience, that [b] knack for making a big play at a big moment just like James did today on the last drive of the game. You just don't get "it". I am serious you dont understand the nuances of the game, its OK.

I understand the nuances of the game I just don't give a rats ass about Harrison and his one sack late in the game performance... Playing time or not he should have stepped up to be a leader but he chose to be a bitch about it.

He was never going to be that guy anymore and it was time to move on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 pm 

I watched the game. It sucked.

Jags have a 10 pt lead with possession at their own 33 with 13+ left in the 4th...

They go 3 and out.

Pats march down the field (starting from their own 15) and cut it to 3 with 8+ minutes remaining.

I knew at that point the Pats would probably win (I'm guessing we all did). But they still had to do it, so I was hoping.

Now we need the Eagles to get their first Lombardi.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I’m with you lit. If our defense somehow makes a stop, that’s one of the greatest playoff games by a QB in league history. Legendary.
Except they weren't given the opportunity with the onside kick call.

Not debating the call, just sayin'

instead it was a legendary debacle led by an imbeciles defense. What a waste of a generational QBs career

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next