It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 pm 

Quote:
But.....if you play Harrison situationally, he proved last night (and earlier in the season against the Chiefs for us and against the Jets for New England) THE MOTHERFUCKER CAN STILL REALLY GET AFTER THE QUARTERBACK.

There is zero doubt about that and any doubts you may have had should have been put to rest last night.

Don't be suprised if Deebo is laying on top of Nick Foles a few times on February 4th, too.

Boom.

No reason Watt had to play the majortiy of the snaps as a rookie.
No reason he could not have been kept fresher by subbing in James 5-6 plays a game.
No reason we could not have planned better to avoid the "rookie wall"
No reason Dupree could not be kept fresh with James 5-6 plays a game.

James could have even come in as a pass rusher, while Watt and Dupree stayed on the field.

And as mentioned by several, After the Shaz injury, no reason they could not have experimented with Watt inside and James at ROLB

Question.
With 11 defenders on the field and typically 2 DL subbing in, 2 LB's potentially subbing in and out, a nickel and dime subbing in and out.............
A defense usually relies on 15-16 players to get thru a game. ( and thats without injury, and the season is long. )

So the question is, was James Harrison not one of the PS top 11, top 12, 14, etc. defensive players on this team?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Dude, the proposition, "It was Van Noy," is rather wide of the proposition that, "The game was over regardless." Totally unsubstantiated. Totally without substance. The contrary, that the sack very much determined the outcome is much easier to show. Credit Van Noy. Harrison made the fucking sack, did he not? Or was it Van Noy?

The game was over regardless of who made the sack but just for the record it was Van Noy so let's quit giving Harrison credit for it.

Explain why the game was already over? Jags were driving and then got pushed into a second and forever. It ain't so just because you say it is.

The Patriots had every ounce of momentum at that point, the Jags would self destruct before they were going to score.

I saw nothing that gave me any confidence the Jags could score to win. You believe what you want I'm not telling you to accept anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
How about just looking at it like this..Harrison wasnt good enough and couldnt get any snaps from our DIC (Dumbfuck In Charge) but hes good enough to contribute to the favored and probable SB Champs. If you cant see that he helped close that game out last night, cant help you..if you cant see that he contributed to stopping the jags running game last night cant help you there either.

You have to think, those who are trying to down play the contributions of Harrison last night are going to look at the SB the same way, regardless if Harrison has some more pressure, hit, sacks, strips, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
But.....if you play Harrison situationally, he proved last night (and earlier in the season against the Chiefs for us and against the Jets for New England) THE MOTHERFUCKER CAN STILL REALLY GET AFTER THE QUARTERBACK.

There is zero doubt about that and any doubts you may have had should have been put to rest last night.

Don't be suprised if Deebo is laying on top of Nick Foles a few times on February 4th, too.

Boom.

No reason he could not have been kept fresher by subbing in James 5-6 plays a game.

James could have even come in as a pass rusher, while Watt and Dupree stayed on the field.

And as mentioned by several, After the Shaz injury, no reason they could not have experimented with Watt inside and James at ROLB

Question.
With 11 defenders on the field and typically 2 DL subbing in, 2 LB's potentially subbing in and out, a nickel and dime subbing in and out.............
A defense usually relies on 15-16 players to get thru a game. ( and thats without injury, and the season is long. )

So the question is, was James Harrison not one of the PS top 11, top 12, 14, etc. defensive players on this team?

Watt is the future Harrison not at all. Maybe someone will give Harrison a 5 year deal to play every snap. I would rather at this point let the future run with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm 

Quote:
Watt is the future Harrison not at all. Maybe someone will give Harrison a 5 year deal to play every snap. I would rather at this point let the future run with it.

Absolutely.
But you did not even read my post.

So, if the Steelers draft another defensive player in the first round, said player should not come off the field,
should not learn from watching a snap or two-three.
should not be kept fresh for fourth quarters or as the season goes on.

How did Harrison fair as a young player before turning into the player he became.
How about Troy? He play alot a s a rookie?
Cam Heyward play alot as a rookie?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 pm 

Jackie Chiles wrote:
The Patriots had every ounce of momentum at that point, the Jags would self destruct before they were going to score.

I saw nothing that gave me any confidence the Jags could score to win. You believe what you want I'm not telling you to accept anything.

The Jags were driving down the field. I do not know that Pats had every ounce of momentum.

In any case, none of that says the game was over and the sack was meaningless.

If you want to say you saw nothing to suggest the Jags were going to win, fine.
But that is not the same as saying the game was already over and the sack meaningless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
How about just looking at it like this..Harrison wasnt good enough and couldnt get any snaps from our DIC (Dumbfuck In Charge) but hes good enough to contribute to the favored and probable SB Champs. If you cant see that he helped close that game out last night, cant help you..if you cant see that he contributed to stopping the jags running game last night cant help you there either.

You have to think, those who are trying to down play the contributions of Harrison last night are going to look at the SB the same way, regardless if Harrison has some more pressure, hit, sacks, strips, etc.

BB who is the God of all things related to coaching football can see the value of James Harrison being on the football field but our dumbfuck in charge cant, especially with who Harrsion had in front of him on the depth chart...I mean doesnt that alone make you wonder about Tomlin. He fkd JH, and Harrison spoke about it and eventually forced Tomlins hand, to think that JH just woke up one day and decided im gonna be a terrible teammate is frankly dumb..this is all about Tomlin/Porter/Butler fucking things up yet again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm 

86n96 wrote:
KC wrote:
86n96 wrote:
So, which is it?

"Tomlin's not tough enough on the players!!!"

"Tomlin's being unfair by not letting Debo sleep through meetings!!!"

HUH?

How about, "Bud Dupree has been terrible all year, especially rushing the passer and James Harrison should have got a shit ton of situational run at the end of the season".

How in the fuck did Mike Cuntlin not see this? Keith Butler?

Fuck, why didn't they get creative when Shazier went down and move Watt inside and Harrison back to his ROLB position.

Harrison might have been an upgrade over a Watt who very likely was hitting the rookie wall as a pass rusher while Watt MOST CERTAINLY would have been an upgrade inside over Sean Fucking Spence.

Pauly Shore would have been an upgrade inside over Sean Fucking Spence.

I don't disagree with any of this. My point was how everyone loves to paint dumbfuck Tomlin in absolutes WHEN NO ONE HERE KNOWS. Personally, if a dude is sleeping through multiple meetings on my team, he's gone. Should've done it way earlier. Tomlin fucked up by waiting too long.

Also, great work on the Cuntlin nickname. How many you go through before you landed on that one? You run it by all the other MIT professors first?

You certainly contradict yourself in this post. First cant call Tomlin a dumbfuck cause NO ONE HERE KNOWS, then you claim Jimmy H slept through MULTIPLE meetings??? How do you know?? No one knows about Tomlin but you know about #92 Does not compute :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm 

Jackie Chiles wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:

Boom.

Question.

Except that our future is win now at all costs. If that cost is getting a 40 y/o pass rusher a few snaps a game to keep him happy, then you do it.

Jesus our defense was historically bad against Jax, and people are arguing that Harrison may not have made a difference? Because he only had a partial strip sack late in the game on a crucial down for Jax? I wish someone on our team had a partial strip sack of Bortles late in the game, but Dupree was too busy either lying on his back, or trying to process whether to drop back or rush the passer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 pm 

86n96 wrote:
KC wrote:
86n96 wrote:
This is how he always acts.

Are you getting upset?

Upset over what?

Your likely pock marked skull?

I'll bet you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next