It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5496
Quote:
But.....if you play Harrison situationally, he proved last night (and earlier in the season against the Chiefs for us and against the Jets for New England) THE MOTHERFUCKER CAN STILL REALLY GET AFTER THE QUARTERBACK.

There is zero doubt about that and any doubts you may have had should have been put to rest last night.

Don't be suprised if Deebo is laying on top of Nick Foles a few times on February 4th, too.


Boom.

No reason Watt had to play the majortiy of the snaps as a rookie.
No reason he could not have been kept fresher by subbing in James 5-6 plays a game.
No reason we could not have planned better to avoid the "rookie wall"
No reason Dupree could not be kept fresh with James 5-6 plays a game.

James could have even come in as a pass rusher, while Watt and Dupree stayed on the field.

And as mentioned by several, After the Shaz injury, no reason they could not have experimented with Watt inside and James at ROLB

Question.
With 11 defenders on the field and typically 2 DL subbing in, 2 LB's potentially subbing in and out, a nickel and dime subbing in and out.............
A defense usually relies on 15-16 players to get thru a game. ( and thats without injury, and the season is long. )

So the question is, was James Harrison not one of the PS top 11, top 12, 14, etc. defensive players on this team?

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
Still Lit wrote:
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Dude, the proposition, "It was Van Noy," is rather wide of the proposition that, "The game was over regardless." Totally unsubstantiated. Totally without substance. The contrary, that the sack very much determined the outcome is much easier to show. Credit Van Noy. Harrison made the fucking sack, did he not? Or was it Van Noy?

The game was over regardless of who made the sack but just for the record it was Van Noy so let's quit giving Harrison credit for it.


Explain why the game was already over? Jags were driving and then got pushed into a second and forever. It ain't so just because you say it is.

The Patriots had every ounce of momentum at that point, the Jags would self destruct before they were going to score.

I saw nothing that gave me any confidence the Jags could score to win. You believe what you want I'm not telling you to accept anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5496
GreekSteel wrote:
How about just looking at it like this..Harrison wasnt good enough and couldnt get any snaps from our DIC (Dumbfuck In Charge) but hes good enough to contribute to the favored and probable SB Champs. If you cant see that he helped close that game out last night, cant help you..if you cant see that he contributed to stopping the jags running game last night cant help you there either.


You have to think, those who are trying to down play the contributions of Harrison last night are going to look at the SB the same way, regardless if Harrison has some more pressure, hit, sacks, strips, etc.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
But.....if you play Harrison situationally, he proved last night (and earlier in the season against the Chiefs for us and against the Jets for New England) THE MOTHERFUCKER CAN STILL REALLY GET AFTER THE QUARTERBACK.

There is zero doubt about that and any doubts you may have had should have been put to rest last night.

Don't be suprised if Deebo is laying on top of Nick Foles a few times on February 4th, too.


Boom.

No reason Watt had to play the majortiy of the snaps as a rookie.
No reason he could not have been kept fresher by subbing in James 5-6 plays a game.
No reason we could not have planned better to avoid the "rookie wall"
No reason Dupree could not be kept fresh with James 5-6 plays a game.

James could have even come in as a pass rusher, while Watt and Dupree stayed on the field.

And as mentioned by several, After the Shaz injury, no reason they could not have experimented with Watt inside and James at ROLB

Question.
With 11 defenders on the field and typically 2 DL subbing in, 2 LB's potentially subbing in and out, a nickel and dime subbing in and out.............
A defense usually relies on 15-16 players to get thru a game. ( and thats without injury, and the season is long. )

So the question is, was James Harrison not one of the PS top 11, top 12, 14, etc. defensive players on this team?

Watt is the future Harrison not at all. Maybe someone will give Harrison a 5 year deal to play every snap. I would rather at this point let the future run with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5496
Quote:
Watt is the future Harrison not at all. Maybe someone will give Harrison a 5 year deal to play every snap. I would rather at this point let the future run with it.


Absolutely.
But you did not even read my post.

So, if the Steelers draft another defensive player in the first round, said player should not come off the field,
should not learn from watching a snap or two-three.
should not be kept fresh for fourth quarters or as the season goes on.

How did Harrison fair as a young player before turning into the player he became.
How about Troy? He play alot a s a rookie?
Cam Heyward play alot as a rookie?

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10002
Jackie Chiles wrote:
The Patriots had every ounce of momentum at that point, the Jags would self destruct before they were going to score.

I saw nothing that gave me any confidence the Jags could score to win. You believe what you want I'm not telling you to accept anything.


The Jags were driving down the field. I do not know that Pats had every ounce of momentum.

In any case, none of that says the game was over and the sack was meaningless.

If you want to say you saw nothing to suggest the Jags were going to win, fine.
But that is not the same as saying the game was already over and the sack meaningless.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9153
Stosh-67 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
How about just looking at it like this..Harrison wasnt good enough and couldnt get any snaps from our DIC (Dumbfuck In Charge) but hes good enough to contribute to the favored and probable SB Champs. If you cant see that he helped close that game out last night, cant help you..if you cant see that he contributed to stopping the jags running game last night cant help you there either.


You have to think, those who are trying to down play the contributions of Harrison last night are going to look at the SB the same way, regardless if Harrison has some more pressure, hit, sacks, strips, etc.




BB who is the God of all things related to coaching football can see the value of James Harrison being on the football field but our dumbfuck in charge cant, especially with who Harrsion had in front of him on the depth chart...I mean doesnt that alone make you wonder about Tomlin. He fkd JH, and Harrison spoke about it and eventually forced Tomlins hand, to think that JH just woke up one day and decided im gonna be a terrible teammate is frankly dumb..this is all about Tomlin/Porter/Butler fucking things up yet again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1261
86n96 wrote:
KC wrote:
86n96 wrote:
So, which is it?

"Tomlin's not tough enough on the players!!!"

"Tomlin's being unfair by not letting Debo sleep through meetings!!!"


HUH?

How about, "Bud Dupree has been terrible all year, especially rushing the passer and James Harrison should have got a shit ton of situational run at the end of the season".

How in the fuck did Mike Cuntlin not see this? Keith Butler?

Fuck, why didn't they get creative when Shazier went down and move Watt inside and Harrison back to his ROLB position.

Harrison might have been an upgrade over a Watt who very likely was hitting the rookie wall as a pass rusher while Watt MOST CERTAINLY would have been an upgrade inside over Sean Fucking Spence.

Pauly Shore would have been an upgrade inside over Sean Fucking Spence.

I don't disagree with any of this. My point was how everyone loves to paint dumbfuck Tomlin in absolutes WHEN NO ONE HERE KNOWS. Personally, if a dude is sleeping through multiple meetings on my team, he's gone. Should've done it way earlier. Tomlin fucked up by waiting too long.

Also, great work on the Cuntlin nickname. How many you go through before you landed on that one? You run it by all the other MIT professors first?


You certainly contradict yourself in this post. First cant call Tomlin a dumbfuck cause NO ONE HERE KNOWS, then you claim Jimmy H slept through MULTIPLE meetings??? How do you know?? No one knows about Tomlin but you know about #92 Does not compute :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1667
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
But.....if you play Harrison situationally, he proved last night (and earlier in the season against the Chiefs for us and against the Jets for New England) THE MOTHERFUCKER CAN STILL REALLY GET AFTER THE QUARTERBACK.

There is zero doubt about that and any doubts you may have had should have been put to rest last night.

Don't be suprised if Deebo is laying on top of Nick Foles a few times on February 4th, too.


Boom.

No reason Watt had to play the majortiy of the snaps as a rookie.
No reason he could not have been kept fresher by subbing in James 5-6 plays a game.
No reason we could not have planned better to avoid the "rookie wall"
No reason Dupree could not be kept fresh with James 5-6 plays a game.

James could have even come in as a pass rusher, while Watt and Dupree stayed on the field.

And as mentioned by several, After the Shaz injury, no reason they could not have experimented with Watt inside and James at ROLB

Question.
With 11 defenders on the field and typically 2 DL subbing in, 2 LB's potentially subbing in and out, a nickel and dime subbing in and out.............
A defense usually relies on 15-16 players to get thru a game. ( and thats without injury, and the season is long. )

So the question is, was James Harrison not one of the PS top 11, top 12, 14, etc. defensive players on this team?

Watt is the future Harrison not at all. Maybe someone will give Harrison a 5 year deal to play every snap. I would rather at this point let the future run with it.



Except that our future is win now at all costs. If that cost is getting a 40 y/o pass rusher a few snaps a game to keep him happy, then you do it.

Jesus our defense was historically bad against Jax, and people are arguing that Harrison may not have made a difference? Because he only had a partial strip sack late in the game on a crucial down for Jax? I wish someone on our team had a partial strip sack of Bortles late in the game, but Dupree was too busy either lying on his back, or trying to process whether to drop back or rush the passer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11783
86n96 wrote:
KC wrote:
86n96 wrote:
This is how he always acts.


Are you getting upset?

Upset over what?


Your likely pock marked skull?

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1261
KC wrote:
86n96 wrote:
KC wrote:

I liked Cuntlin over Ronnie The Limo Driver's "Coagulated Period Blood-lin". But just barely.

Which do you prefer, inbred?

I prefer you lay your head on the train tracks, but I'm not that lucky.


I understand your anger, being that you still have several dents on the top of your head from all of your mom's failed coat hanger abortion attempts.



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: KC I hope I never have to "mix it up" with you cause your insults are on another level. You got a PHD in come backs. Miss the jizz mop up in room 5 lines :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9153
te="the-other-burg"]
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
But.....if you play Harrison situationally, he proved last night (and earlier in the season against the Chiefs for us and against the Jets for New England) THE MOTHERFUCKER CAN STILL REALLY GET AFTER THE QUARTERBACK.

There is zero doubt about that and any doubts you may have had should have been put to rest last night.

Don't be suprised if Deebo is laying on top of Nick Foles a few times on February 4th, too.


Boom.

No reason Watt had to play the majortiy of the snaps as a rookie.
No reason he could not have been kept fresher by subbing in James 5-6 plays a game.
No reason we could not have planned better to avoid the "rookie wall"
No reason Dupree could not be kept fresh with James 5-6 plays a game.

James could have even come in as a pass rusher, while Watt and Dupree stayed on the field.

And as mentioned by several, After the Shaz injury, no reason they could not have experimented with Watt inside and James at ROLB

Question.
With 11 defenders on the field and typically 2 DL subbing in, 2 LB's potentially subbing in and out, a nickel and dime subbing in and out.............
A defense usually relies on 15-16 players to get thru a game. ( and thats without injury, and the season is long. )

So the question is, was James Harrison not one of the PS top 11, top 12, 14, etc. defensive players on this team?

Watt is the future Harrison not at all. Maybe someone will give Harrison a 5 year deal to play every snap. I would rather at this point let the future run with it.



Except that our future is win now at all costs. If that cost is getting a 40 y/o pass rusher a few snaps a game to keep him happy, then you do it.

Jesus our defense was historically bad against Jax, and people are arguing that Harrison may not have made a difference? Because he only had a partial strip sack late in the game on a crucial down for Jax? I wish someone on our team had a partial strip sack of Bortles late in the game, but Dupree was too busy either lying on his back, or trying to process whether to drop back or rush the passer.[/quote]



lol ya think? Instead we got 60 mins worth of Bud getting pancaked.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1261
sinceiwas4 wrote:
the dogging it i was conjecturing may have happened was in practices cuz ur right he didnt get the oppurtunites on the field. and dont get me wrong i dont mean to absolve the coaching staff at all. the jags game was the worst coached game i may have ever watched. ijust didnt see harrison dominating a game like you did. i saw him just a little late to the big play the whole time. i'm not even saying i dont think he couldnt have helped us set edge and play the run but we werent using our olb that way this yr. all im saying is his teammates made the big plays all night and then a moment later james got there. he's not a shell of his former self but he's not the big play maker either anymore. i just didnt see anything that said holy shit james harrison just dominated the game like im reading on here he did. ppl actually saying he got the sack that ended the game when he didnt. its the closest he came and maybe his pressure forced bortles up but he still wasnt the one that got there like he used to be.


Our OLB's always set the edge, unless your Bud "THE DUD" Dupree then you set your face in the ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10002
GreekSteel wrote:
lol ya think? Instead we got 60 mins worth of Bud getting pancaked.


Not just Dupree.

NOBODY did shit.

EVERYONE SUCKED.

Heyward: one assist and zero solos?

That's WAY more disappointing than Dupree imo.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11755
Stinger8 wrote:
...Bud "THE DUD" Dupree ....


#winner

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1261
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Jackie Chiles wrote:
The game was over strip sack or not...


This is utterly untrue.

I was one of those who didn’t make a big deal of the James Harrison move, but his play absolutely made a difference. Jax was driving downfield at that point. Making it 3rd and 19 was absolutely a huge play.

If you are going to make a big deal out of Harrison you might want to give credit to Van Noy who really got the strip sack. Game was over Jags were not going to score regardless.


Hey Jackie since you can see into the future, kinda like Nostradamus, can you give me the power ball numbers :roll: :roll: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
Stinger8 wrote:

Hey Jackie since you can see into the future, kinda like Nostradamus, can you give me the power ball numbers :roll: :roll: :roll:

Already gave them out to someone else, next time.

Ask some of the other Nostradamus types that can see into the future and say what Harrison would have done.

Again I gave you my opinion you can take it anyway you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
Still Lit wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
lol ya think? Instead we got 60 mins worth of Bud getting pancaked.


Not just Dupree.

NOBODY did shit.

EVERYONE SUCKED.

Heyward: one assist and zero solos?

That's WAY more disappointing than Dupree imo.

That whole defense sucked in that game... So they would have sucked with Harrison getting a few snaps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
Quote:
I wish someone on our team had a partial strip sack of Bortles late in the game,

When Harrison gets that partial sack let me know because at this point only Van Noy got a sack at that point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1433
Stosh-67 wrote:
So, if the Steelers draft another defensive player in the first round, said player should not come off the field,
should not learn from watching a snap or two-three.
should not be kept fresh for fourth quarters or as the season goes on.

How did Harrison fair as a young player before turning into the player he became.
How about Troy? He play alot a s a rookie?
Cam Heyward play alot as a rookie?


We used to do this all the time in the LeBeau era.
That practice was not well-regarded by many in these hallowed forums.
So are we pushing back against "just let the rookies play" now?

_________________
steel wrote:
game over boys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1667
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Quote:
I wish someone on our team had a partial strip sack of Bortles late in the game,

When Harrison gets that partial sack let me know because at this point only Van Noy got a sack at that point.


You should watch this.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/21/16917194/james-harrison-patriots-defense-afc-championship


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6632
Oh, yes. We're all sure if Harrison doesn't assist in that sack, the jags win.

They would have gone right down the field and scored at ease, and then Bortles would have looked over at the pats sideline and said : You shoulda played James.

We know that for sure, right?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 am
Posts: 52
honest question i truly dont know the answer to...does beating your tackle like a rented mule then applying pressure that forces the qb into your teemate and then ending up with your teammates body between you and the qb after your teammate strips the ball normally earn a partial sack? cuz thats what happened unbiased. if so they should change the stats. and at the very least he did beat his man and apply pressure we couldve used. thats definitely true. and he did get to qb after his teammate stripped him also true.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5496
DrMalba wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
So, if the Steelers draft another defensive player in the first round, said player should not come off the field,
should not learn from watching a snap or two-three.
should not be kept fresh for fourth quarters or as the season goes on.

How did Harrison fair as a young player before turning into the player he became.
How about Troy? He play alot a s a rookie?
Cam Heyward play alot as a rookie?


We used to do this all the time in the LeBeau era.
That practice was not well-regarded by many in these hallowed forums.
So are we pushing back against "just let the rookies play" now?

Not at all.
Know one has said that in this thread.
I love that they started getting players on the field earlier.
Letting a player watch for a year or two and slowly get worked in made it difficult to evaluate, especially if they were nearing the end of a rookie contract.

I think the overwhelming common sense thought process is that Watt and Dupree did not have to be on the field all the time, while you had a pass rushing specialist that could have been getting 15-20 snaps a game..............when the critical parts of the game dictated going to get the QB.

Almost similar to how the Pats are using him.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5496
the-other-burg wrote:
Jackie Chiles wrote:
Quote:
I wish someone on our team had a partial strip sack of Bortles late in the game,

When Harrison gets that partial sack let me know because at this point only Van Noy got a sack at that point.


You should watch this.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/21/16917194/james-harrison-patriots-defense-afc-championship


Anybody care to watch that video and still say that JH made no impact on that play................needs to pee in a cup.

Anybody that watches that video and does not see JH hit the QB first, possibly knock the ball loose with his left arm............
and be a huge part of forcing a third and 19.....

Is just agenda driven.
Wow.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryFoster, bostonsteeler, Joey's Pitbull, swissvale72, TB, Y-Town Steel and 48 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group