It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: James "THE KING" Harrison
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:40 am 

Measuring a 5th year players productivity to a rookie?? hmmm...my eyes tell me Watt outplayed Bud the Dud quite significantly. I'm excited about Watts future although being molded by Tomlin/Porter/Butler does concern me given their overall track record.

Can you imagine the controversy if Bud the Duds 5th year option isnt picked up??? I dont think even Tomlin would be dumb enough to not pick that option up now, is he??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 am 

They will almost certainly pick up the option or sign a new deal. I would, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:42 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
They will almost certainly pick up the option or sign a new deal. I would, too.

Well ya optics aside whats the alternative?...he probably deserves the extension all things considered (barely) but they really have no choice either

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:20 pm 

I’d be happy if the Dupree that put the hit on Miami’s QB in the playoffs couple years ago showed back up.

I think he lefts his balls on the field that day because since then he’s been playing like a huge pussy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 pm 

Dupree doesn't deserve a new deal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:23 am 

Gonzo wrote:

Based on what? He's been pretty good at what they've asked him to do. He's far, far superior to Jarvis and, IIRC< thy picked up Jarvis's 5th year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:34 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Based on what? He's been pretty good at what they've asked him to do. He's far, far superior to Jarvis and, IIRC< thy picked up Jarvis's 5th year.

They did not pick up his option.

With respect to Dupree, maybe they ask him to drop back in coverage more because of what he can't do - get to the QB by beatng an OT. It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing.

B2B, you seem to be an advocate for Dupree, which is fine. But do you at least acknowledge his inconsistency to play the run? His lack of anything resembling a pass rush move? I just don't see how you can justify paying him almost 10M in 2019.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:01 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

C'mon B2B, does Dupree make plays like he should be at this point in his career?

4 full years and has he even improved?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:49 am 

seabs926 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

They did not pick up his option.

With respect to Dupree, maybe they ask him to drop back in coverage more because of what he can't do - get to the QB by beatng an OT. It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing.

B2B, you seem to be an advocate for Dupree, which is fine. But do you at least acknowledge his inconsistency to play the run? His lack of anything resembling a pass rush move? I just don't see how you can justify paying him almost 10M in 2019.

Yup. Set aside elite. His pass rash is meh. But for the sake of argument, grant B2B that THEY are looking at Dupree as a premier cover OLB. WE may want him to be a rushing stud, but that is irrelevant. Is he at least very good in coverage, assuming (again, for the sake of argument) that's what they are most concerned with? (Most concerned does not mean unconcerned with pass rush, just thinking about Tomlin's comments about how the OLB role evolved.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
Measuring a 5th year players productivity to a rookie?? hmmm...my eyes tell me Watt outplayed Bud the Dud quite significantly. I'm excited about Watts future although being molded by Tomlin/Porter/Butler does concern me given their overall track record.

Can you imagine the controversy if Bud the Duds 5th year option isnt picked up??? I dont think even Tomlin would be dumb enough to not pick that option up now, is he??

I agree, but its a pretty damn sad state. I am guessing we over pay too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next