It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Boomer addresses the elephant in the room
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:07 pm 

This "bias" terminology is a euphemism for officials fAvoring and thus determining outcomes for ne. A rose by any other name is still a bastardized ne win under any stars.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 pm 

Steeler Fanatic wrote:
So here's what I would actually like to see: a numerical breakdown of how many times the Patriots got favorable calls vs. how often other teams did. I feel like you could measure it by measuring the following categories:

1. Favorable penalties for you
2. Unfavorable penalties against you
3. Favorable reviews for you
4. Reviews that hurt you
5. Net total yardage expressed as a positive or a negative of all calls from referees

You'd need them all individually, although comparing them would also be helpful. I'd also be interested in quarters -- in other words, if there's a big spike in favorable calls at the end of each half, that would seem to indicate that something weird was going on.

I'm really curious about this now.

curious as well...but your method might be flawed in that it seems pats seem to get gifts at VERY key points in games.!! weather its a flag on the other team or rulings on a review. sheer number of flags and yards may not be as telling without the timing and context of the zebras actions

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 pm 

Jeopardy contestants are screened through analytics, show producers now know which categories favor which contestants and sometimes categories are random sometimes their not. Even a TV quiz show has controlled to semi controlled outcomes. The tournament of champions and college and HS events are clean.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 pm 

The picture of the laughing ref in the middle of their TD celebration that made it 14-10 was not helpful.

But it made me think that if they are fixing things in favor of the Pats...they’re almost shoving it in our faces.

From the moment of that Falcons/Rams game where Kraft was in the booth with Goodell.

That just rubbed me the wrong way- no owner whose team is in the playoffs should be anywhere NEAR Roger Goodell while the playoffs are going on.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 am 

Jeemie wrote:
The picture of the laughing ref in the middle of their TD celebration that made it 14-10 was not helpful.

But it made me think that if they are fixing things in favor of the Pats...they’re almost shoving it in our faces.

From the moment of that Falcons/Rams game where Kraft was in the booth with Goodell.

That just rubbed me the wrong way- no owner whose team is in the playoffs should be anywhere NEAR Roger Goodell while the playoffs are going on.

I've never been comfortable with how close Kraft and Goodell have been.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:46 pm 

Here's another peg in the pole about the NFL making sure NE wins again this year. He may retire to focus on the Reality TV show or continue next year to milk more cash and Brand recog, Please GOD, make it stop!!

Quote:
Former NFL kicker Jay Feely said Gisele Bundchen asked him to convince Tom Brady to retire after last season.

Feely, a college teammate of Brady's at the University of Michigan, wasn't much help, advising the five-time Super Bowl champ to "play as long as [he] can." It's not the first time Bundchen has expressed this sentiment as Brady admitted his wife begged him to hang up his cleats after defeating the Falcons in last year's Super Bowl. Brady may have hid a concussion in 2016 and has battled various injuries throughout this season, though he still turned in another MVP-caliber year. Despite his wife's wishes, there's no indication the 40-year-old has any desire to call it quits.
Source: Boston.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Steeler Fanatic wrote:
So here's what I would actually like to see: a numerical breakdown of how many times the Patriots got favorable calls vs. how often other teams did. I feel like you could measure it by measuring the following categories:

1. Favorable penalties for you
2. Unfavorable penalties against you
3. Favorable reviews for you
4. Reviews that hurt you
5. Net total yardage expressed as a positive or a negative of all calls from referees

You'd need them all individually, although comparing them would also be helpful. I'd also be interested in quarters -- in other words, if there's a big spike in favorable calls at the end of each half, that would seem to indicate that something weird was going on.

I'm really curious about this now.

curious as well...but your method might be flawed in that it seems pats seem to get gifts at VERY key points in games.!! weather its a flag on the other team or rulings on a review. sheer number of flags and yards may not be as telling without the timing and context of the zebras actions

The problem there is trying to define what qualifies as a "key point". That's why I wanted it broken down by quarter. I'm thinking that you would need to break down all of the above by when you are down, when you are up, and when the game is tied. I think that would get at what you are talking about. In other words, if the flags fly on opposing teams when the Patriots are down, but stop when they're up, that would be pretty suspicious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13