It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boomer addresses the elephant in the room
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:32 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:

I just can't care about this stuff.

There's no conspiracy.

Pats have Hoodie. Pats have Brady.

That is the explanation of success.

All this other shit is nonsense.

We sound like bitter Seahawks fans after the SB loss to Pitt, except that most Hawks fans have probably moved on.

Agreeing with you, Lit. Yesterday's game wasn't the worst officiated. Fact is, and I'll post this elsewhere too, is that the Patriots stepped up, on both sides of the ball, when the game was in the balance. The biggest play, IMO, was reminiscent of the Patriots-Seattle SB. Patriots, down 2 scores, in 4Q, are facing 3rd & 18. Make the stop and get the fuck off the field. In that SB, it was 3rd & 13. That game it was Brady to Edeleman, this time it was Amendola. But they made the fuckin' play. THAT was the turning point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:35 pm 

That drive to end the 1st half was all officating aided..1 penalty for 10 yds? 1 penalty in a playoff game for the what 4th time?

i know just a bizarre coincidence and they of course never hold in a sport where you culd literally call holding every fkn play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:42 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
That drive to end the 1st half was all officating aided..1 penalty for 10 yds? 1 penalty in a playoff game for the what 4th time?

i know just a bizarre coincidence and they of course never hold in a sport where you culd literally call holding every fkn play

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I don't even hate the Pats. I don't begrudge them their success.

I just want my Steelers to win, damn it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:43 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

not sour grapes just stating the facts...bizarre coincidence i know

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

not sour grapes just stating the facts...bizarre coincidence i know

Don't see why it is "bizarre" or a "coincidence."

The Pats own everyone. That's the fact.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000906326/Can-t-Miss-Play-A-B-burns-Bouye-for-first-allowed-TD-of-season

Here's a video of Bouye holding Brown all the way down the field without a flag and then claiming AB pushed off on top of it.

That defense can kiss my ass. They lost. They should deal rather than whine.

But the point is, the Pats get those calls, and most other teams don’t.

But that’s not why Jax lost.

Jax lost for the same reason the Steelers lost to the Pats.

Nathaniel Hackett stopped being creative with Bortles and tried to sit on his ten point lead.

Going up against Belichick causes the other coaches to tighten up...and then they get stupid.

Three of the Patriots’ five Lombardis were caused by the opposing coach (Reid, Carol, Quinn) wilting in the moment and turning stupid.

I give Doug Pederson all the credit in the world, but I just know in a game-changing moment in the Super Bowl, he’s going to turn stupid too. He’s already done that in his very short career.

Yes & no Jeems

Yes, the point is the Pats have calls go their way on both sides of the flags in a way that in a vacuum makes you “Hmmmmm” at the time. However, when looked at in the context of the entire game or in this case the games since the Steelers game makes it obvious something’s not right. A 4 to 1 penalty yardage difference over a 4 game span just doesn't make sense.

The discrepancy in penalties & yardage can’t be explained away by simply saying the Pats are more disciplined. If you actually watch what is going on you can see that in most cases the play is similar on both sides of the ball but the calls tend to go the Pats way more importantly they always seem to happen at just the right time.

Both the TDs at the end of the halves were aided by major PI calls but when the same thing happened in the NE backfield at the end of the game & it would have helped the Jags comeback attempt there were no flags to be seen.

To say that’s not why the Jags loss misses the real point. I agree that there may have been things they could have done to still win the game but I also am to the point where I believe if they had done those things the refs would have injected themselves more with one or two additional key calls to ensure the Pats ended up on top.

I’m not even sure it is conscious. I think the refs actually believe that the Pats are so much better that they can’t possibly lose. When Brady doesn’t complete a big pass while behind at the end of the game it’s like they think

“Tom is so great that of course he’ll complete the pass and march down the field for the winning score….wait, the receiver didn’t catch it……he the GOAT so the only way that happens is if there was PI - I better throw my flag.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 pm 

Stillerz Bar wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000906326/Can-t-Miss-Play-A-B-burns-Bouye-for-first-allowed-TD-of-season

Here's a video of Bouye holding Brown all the way down the field without a flag and then claiming AB pushed off on top of it.

That defense can kiss my ass. They lost. They should deal rather than whine.

But the point is, the Pats get those calls, and most other teams don’t.

But that’s not why Jax lost.

Jax lost for the same reason the Steelers lost to the Pats.

Nathaniel Hackett stopped being creative with Bortles and tried to sit on his ten point lead.

Going up against Belichick causes the other coaches to tighten up...and then they get stupid.

Three of the Patriots’ five Lombardis were caused by the opposing coach (Reid, Carol, Quinn) wilting in the moment and turning stupid.

I give Doug Pederson all the credit in the world, but I just know in a game-changing moment in the Super Bowl, he’s going to turn stupid too. He’s already done that in his very short career.

Yes & no Jeems

Yes, the point is the Pats have calls go their way on both sides of the flags in a way that in a vacuum makes you “Hmmmmm” at the time. However, when looked at in the context of the entire game or in this case the games since the Steelers game makes it obvious something’s not right. A 4 to 1 penalty yardage difference over a 4 game span just doesn't make sense.

The discrepancy in penalties & yardage can’t be explained away by simply saying the Pats are more disciplined. If you actually watch what is going on you can see that in most cases the play is similar on both sides of the ball but the calls tend to go the Pats way more importantly they always seem to happen at just the right time.

Both the TDs at the end of the halves were aided by major PI calls but when the same thing happened in the NE backfield at the end of the game & it would have helped the Jags comeback attempt there were no flags to be seen.

To say that’s not why the Jags loss misses the real point. I agree that there may have been things they could have done to still win the game but I also am to the point where I believe if they had done those things the refs would have injected themselves more with one or two additional key calls to ensure the Pats ended up on top.

I’m not even sure it is conscious. I think the refs actually believe that the Pats are so much better that they can’t possibly lose. When Brady doesn’t complete a big pass while behind at the end of the game it’s like they think

“Tom is so great that of course he’ll complete the pass and march down the field for the winning score….wait, the receiver didn’t catch it……he the GOAT so the only way that happens is if there was PI - I better throw my flag.”

Why does a 4 to 1 ratio make no sense? Because we hate the Pats?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:53 pm 

Both "Patriots are more disciplined" and "they are getting star treatment from refs" can be true at the same time. I believe they are both true.

I don't believe the NFL is playing favorites with the Pats. I do think that individual refs give the Pats a little of the LeBron James treatment. Ask for a penalty - get a penalty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
Both "Patriots are more disciplined" and "they are getting star treatment from refs" can be true at the same time. I believe they are both true.

I don't believe the NFL is playing favorites with the Pats. I do think that individual refs give the Pats a little of the LeBron James treatment. Ask for a penalty - get a penalty.

I'm sure there is much tape of Tom squealing at refs for flags and not getting them, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:

NFL Playoffs are one and done, we do not have the luxury of a seven game series to get even up calls. We never seem to ever get a level even on during games. One or 2 maybe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next