It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boomer addresses the elephant in the room
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
. . . although my experience is that nothing on TV is completely unscripted other than Jeopardy. All of the reality shows/contest shows, talking heads news shows... none of that is allowed to be random or off-script.
And the sad part is that people actually think there is spontaneity and randomness on TV reality shows. As though it were "real."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:35 pm 

yes, reality shows have never had a real feel in my mind.

Scripting is necessary to keep interests up, because reality maybe too boring for TV viewers

NFL and everything else comes to mind.

I know someone who works for one of those viacom companies doing reality shows....... ALL SCRIPTED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
I know someone who works for one of those viacom companies doing reality shows....... ALL SCRIPTED

I know it's heavily scripted and edited at this point, but what's mind blowing about American Pickers is that someone would actually have made a living driving around the country and going up to people with junk in their yard.

Forget about trying to wrap your head around the economics....doesn't seem like the safest way to earn a living - guessing there's a fairly high frequency of being greeted with a shotgun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:12 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
. . . although my experience is that nothing on TV is completely unscripted other than Jeopardy. All of the reality shows/contest shows, talking heads news shows... none of that is allowed to be random or off-script.
And the sad part is that people actually think there is spontaneity and randomness on TV reality shows. As though it were "real."

are you trying to tell me they don't see ghosts each week In Alaska haunting? Or big foot sightings in each 30 minute episode? or the Housewives of pick your city don't have knock down drag out fights each episode? you guys are taking everything near and dear to my heart from me..
I am not sure I can go on with life..
Well you've done it melted another snowflake... Please don't respond.. I will be in my safe place..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:20 pm 

Well, I also worked on Ghost Adventures. I was the sound recordist for an episode shot in Gettysburg. Stayed up all night to record the ghosts... then Zak starts talking about what this ghost is saying and the noise it's making... I'm rolling my eyes, because I have the gear cranked up and have outlier hearing and listening skills... he's totally full of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:26 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Well, I also worked on Ghost Adventures. I was the sound recordist for an episode shot in Gettysburg. Stayed up all night to record the ghosts... then Zak starts talking about what this ghost is saying and the noise it's making... I'm rolling my eyes, because I have the gear cranked up and have outlier hearing and listening skills... he's totally full of shit.

Haha, i was gonna ask if you worked for that Primadonna Zak!!! HAHA that show i know is totally not on the level.

My exactly beliefs about that asshat CONFIRMED!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:41 pm 

The only reality show I use to like was the last Alaskans
Pretty laid back show with little drama and lots of beautiful Alaska Scenery..

all the rest of them are nothing but trailer trash TV shows.. The downfall of our society can be directly tied to Reality TV.. well I cant prove that but its true in my mind..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

You're ruining my TV watching, B2B...just RUINING it, I tell you!

:(

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:40 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

would you like some other secrets revealed??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:07 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

would you like some other secrets revealed??

I would.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next